What's becomming of our Country ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The stage is being set for the final confrontation.

Genesis 6
5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

>snip<
13 And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

Matthew 24
37 But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Isaiah 5
20 Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil;
Who put darkness for light, and light for darkness;
Who put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!
21 Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes,
And prudent in their own sight!
22 Woe to men mighty at drinking wine,
Woe to men valiant for mixing intoxicating drink,
23 Who justify the wicked for a bribe,
And take away justice from the righteous man!

It's coming...

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
The stage is being set for the final confrontation.

Genesis 6
5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

>snip<
13 And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

Matthew 24
37 But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Isaiah 5
20 Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil;
Who put darkness for light, and light for darkness;
Who put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!
21 Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes,
And prudent in their own sight!
22 Woe to men mighty at drinking wine,
Woe to men valiant for mixing intoxicating drink,
23 Who justify the wicked for a bribe,
And take away justice from the righteous man!

It's coming...
All of the above is true,
whether it's legal or not.
What matters is the goings on, not whether or not they're legal.
If we were all moral persons, it would not exist.

Last edited:
Reactions: Truth and Job

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
@Job

I just want to make sure that from my posts you don't think I approve of the practice. Some may -- I can't help it. I tried to be clear.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Job

I just want to make sure that from my posts you don't think I approve of the practice. Some may -- I can't help it. I tried to be clear.

Put those worries to rest. I understand where you're coming from.

I don't approve of them either. The world is gonna do what the world is gonna do. Acknowledging sin doesn't make one a sinner. Acknowledging the pollutions in the world doesn't mean we support them.

Jesus said "watch". How are we going to watch if we don't acknowledge the world around us?

Reactions: Truth and GodsGrace

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
such things are the way of man since who knows when. the thing is it will not stop, therefore how is it managed by a society? Germany for example back in the 70's and probably still to day require certain health standards and age standards and off the streets, card carrying permits. I'm sure there's more to that but that all in know about it. thing is the only place where one would see things like adult stores and the like is were Americans frequent. otherwise you'd have to look hard for such. or there were places set aside for such.

thing is Americans don't seem to manage such very well. Vegas is a place were such is legal but if you are walking down the boulevard there's Mexicans handing out cards for such (you know, hay meester to you want my seester cards). sucks if you ask me. granted Vegas is what it is, but that's not the way to handle it. one doesn't have to have it shoved in one's face.

which also shows that the law doesn't have its boot on the neck of the industry like it should. those jerkoffs could be and are most likely peddling sex slaves.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I worry about the lives of the women involved in prostitution. It seems that we have reached a point in our culture where the drive to damage ourselves has surpassed the capacity for us to manage it through the law.

Unlawfulness has never boded well for longivity

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree. Why should prostitution be illegal?

Can I force everyone to follow my moral beliefs?
No.

Moral laws cannot be enforced.
It has to be a CHOICE to be moral.

There's currently a law, right?
Why isn't it working?

I'd prefer that this activity be confined to a bldg instead of seeing it openly in the street.

It is the very nature of law to enforce that which people are prone to abuse and break. Moral laws can be enforced just as all laws can be enforced. Just because people still murder, though there are plenty of laws against it, doesn't mean you make it legal.

Stranger

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
such things are the way of man since who knows when. the thing is it will not stop, therefore how is it managed by a society? Germany for example back in the 70's and probably still to day require certain health standards and age standards and off the streets, card carrying permits. I'm sure there's more to that but that all in know about it. thing is the only place where one would see things like adult stores and the like is were Americans frequent. otherwise you'd have to look hard for such. or there were places set aside for such.

thing is Americans don't seem to manage such very well. Vegas is a place were such is legal but if you are walking down the boulevard there's Mexicans handing out cards for such (you know, hay meester to you want my seester cards). sucks if you ask me. granted Vegas is what it is, but that's not the way to handle it. one doesn't have to have it shoved in one's face.

which also shows that the law doesn't have its boot on the neck of the industry like it should. those jerkoffs could be and are most likely peddling sex slaves.
The problem you bring up is a very serious problem.
These girls are held AGAINST their will. As far as I'm concerned the law should be after these persons who are trafiking in HUMAN BEINGS.

I'd rather see all effort go towards this then to do the EASY thing and keep after those who are consensual.

This is a big problem in Europe, for instance, and probably in the states too. Who knows how many girls would like to flee from this life of slavery and there's no one to help them.

Let those that consent be in a confined area and where I don't have to see them. This would also help to cut down on the illegal practice, I think - not sure.

Reactions: Job

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
It is the very nature of law to enforce that which people are prone to abuse and break. Moral laws can be enforced just as all laws can be enforced. Just because people still murder, though there are plenty of laws against it, doesn't mean you make it legal.

Stranger
How do you come to this conclusion?
Murder involves another person.
So maybe we should crack down on smokers,
liquor, soft drugs.
I mean, liquor kills people every year with traffic accidents.
So how come we're still drinking liquor?
Did Prohibition work?
Prostitution is illegal now.
So how come it still exists?
And where I have to be exposed to it...

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you come to this conclusion?
Murder involves another person.
So maybe we should crack down on smokers,
liquor, soft drugs.
I mean, liquor kills people every year with traffic accidents.
So how come we're still drinking liquor?
Did Prohibition work?
Prostitution is illegal now.
So how come it still exists?
And where I have to be exposed to it...

(Gal. 3:19) "Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions...."

Stranger

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
(Gal. 3:19) "Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions...."

Stranger
I thought you always told me that the law does NOT serve and that we are NOT under the law...

Have you changed your mind?

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought you always told me that the law does NOT serve and that we are NOT under the law...

Have you changed your mind?

Of course not. I had stated the purpose of law. You asked where did I come up with that. (Gal. 3:19) is where I come up with that. Before the law comes, there is the wrong transgressions against God, which is why God gave the Law.

I have not changed in any way. Because of transgressions the Mosaic Law is given. After Christ and faith in Christ we are no longer under the law. (Gal. 3:25)

Do not confuse my place and accountability to God with my accountability to the laws of the nation where I live.

Stranger

Last edited:

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Of course not. I had stated the purpose of law. You asked where did I come up with that. (Gal. 3:19) is where I come up with that. Before the law comes, there is the wrong transgressions against God, which is why God gave the Law.

I have not changed in any way. Because of transgressions the Mosaic Law is given. After Christ and faith in Christ we are no longer under the law. (Gal. 3:25)

Do not confuse my place and accountability to God with my accountability to the laws of the nation where I live.

Stranger
Why not?

If you follow the laws of the land,
why would you not follow the laws of God???

Isn't God greater than our country?

If you want to live in the U.S. you must follow its laws,
If you want to live in the Kingdom of God you must follow its laws.

Same idea

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've said this before. The United States is the whorehouse of the world. The freedoms allotted here allows the devil to construct some of the most alluring stumbling blocks known to man.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why not?

If you follow the laws of the land,
why would you not follow the laws of God???

Isn't God greater than our country?

If you want to live in the U.S. you must follow its laws,
If you want to live in the Kingdom of God you must follow its laws.

Same idea

You're blowing smoke now. I told you before that the transgression occurs which is why the law is given. You asked for proof, I gave it. (Gal. 3:19) But that law, the Mosaic law is not what the believer is under now. As I showed in (Gal. 3:25). Thus I have not changed anything.

As a citizen of a nation, I come under their laws. As a Christian I come under the rule of God which is not law but grace.

The point here being, don't confuse the two. Which you are trying to do. It is not the same idea.

Stranger

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I've said this before. The United States is the whorehouse of the world. The freedoms allotted here allows the devil to construct some of the most alluring stumbling blocks known to man.
As usual, anything could be used for good or evil.
You mean like speech....in a movie for instance.
Learning....things taught in school which do more harm than good.
Etc...

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You mean like speech....in a movie for instance.
Learning....things taught in school which do more harm than good.
Etc...

Everything. Movies, music, literature, education, religion, politics, etc....

Satan is using all that and more to his advantage.

Reactions: Truth and GodsGrace

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
I agree. Why should prostitution be illegal?

Can I force everyone to follow my moral beliefs?
No.

Moral laws cannot be enforced.
It has to be a CHOICE to be moral.

There's currently a law, right?
Why isn't it working?

I'd prefer that this activity be confined to a bldg instead of seeing it openly in the street.

i also agree. its not right to try and force someone to not sin or be morally decent.
when i lived in Europe it was legal in many countries, if you wanted to get with a hooker you went to a business. and it didnt lead to mass debauchery all around.
IMO who really cares. there are more important issues. our government is ran by maniacs and the media makes a big deal out of prostitution, marijuana and gay marriage.

Reactions: GodsGrace