What's more amazing?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The universe of planets and stars and even black holes or the vast dynamics of the human body and it's genetics? And then there is the human thought process which differs from a programmed computer. It is free to think random thoughts and decide what path to follow. And all these things created by God.

Spherical-Closed-Universe-Concept.jpg

human-skeleton-163715-1024x576-1.jpg

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Its a good question. Whats more amazing, the universe or the human body.
Im not sure. What do we know more about?
I thought we knew more about the human body but i read that we know more about the universe than the human mind.
And its probably true, scientists still don't really know what sleep and dreams are nor do they know anything about our soul and spirit.
So my answer is that i have no answer... LoL
Gods wonder is obvious in both the universe and the human body/mind for who ever ponders it deeply enough

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I also read that we all have a unique vein map.
Like a finger print. And that just shows that while we are all in likeness of God as men and women. We are all unique creations and special to God. In that he shows us threw the resurrection that he does not want to lose that unique individual but will restore our bodies back to a perfected form.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Creation is truly incredible. Worthy is the Lord!
While God's creations are what I was praising, the Lord can also be addressed. That his spirit is life eternal, and Jesus body and blood is life eternal. The fact that his spirit moved on the waters to create the universe. And that he can resurrect those bodies and perfect them with his power and perhaps that is his glory also.

So yes God is amazing to me. How he has power to do all that. He is the Master of the Universe and all the life within it.

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The universe of planets and stars and even black holes or the vast dynamics of the human body and it's genetics? And then there is the human thought process which differs from a programmed computer. It is free to think random thoughts and decide what path to follow. And all these things created by God.

Interesting God programmed humans to be sentient and now humans are beginning to program computers to be sentient AI.

Last edited:

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Incidentally many deep space images have been faked with added colour to make them look nicer than they really are.
The universe is mostly just dead useless debris left over from the big bang, yet atheist astronomers gush over it wide-eyed as though it's something special; I suppose it's because it's the only "god" they've got and you have to feel sorry for them..:)
"Do not worship the sun moon and stars" (Deuteronomy 4:19)

Cox and Sagan
rel-atheist-astrons.jpg

Reactions: dev553344

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The universe is mostly just dead useless debris left over from the big bang, yet atheist astronomers gush over it wide-eyed as though it's something special
It's the vastness of the universe that is beyond human comprehension.
It's so big and vast that you can't see it as it exists in real time but only in an array of images from different periods of time in the past. The light of a celestial object that you see today is the image of how it was hundreds or thousands of years ago, not what it looks like today. The date of the image you see depends on how far away it is. And so you can't see the universe in real time. You can only see it in a patchwork of images from varying times in the past. It's a creation of God that leaves us in awe of the greatness of God.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

“When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained; What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?” (Psalms 8:3-4)

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's the vastness of the universe that is beyond human comprehension.
It's so big and vast that you can't see it as it exists in real time but only in an array of images from different periods of time in the past. The light of a celestial object that you see today is the image of how it was hundreds or thousands of years ago, not what it looks like today. The date of the image you see depends on how far away it is. And so you can't see the universe in real time. You can only see it in a patchwork of images from varying times in the past. It's a creation of God that leaves us in awe of the greatness of God.
Yes I agree. I've studied physics for years. And the one thing in my calculations that appears correct is E=mc^2. And what is the mass of the known universe that God has created with I think the power of his holy spirit? 4x10^54 killograms, so if I multiply that times c^2 which is 9x10^16 I see the vast energy of God's power to create such a work.

And I think thru studying physics and knowing a few facts about the known universe I am stunned at the sheer power of God to create that work. And then I think on grace and peace of God to use a very tiny and perfect amount of that power to heal afflictions and calm the tempest and perform other miracles.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes I agree. I've studied physics for years. And the one thing in my calculations that appears correct is E=mc^2. And what is the mass of the known universe that God has created with I think the power of his holy spirit? 4x10^54 killograms, so if I multiply that times c^2 which is 9x10^16 I see the vast energy of God's power to create such a work.

And I think thru studying physics and knowing a few facts about the known universe I am stunned at the sheer power of God to create that work. And then I think on grace and peace of God to use a very tiny and perfect amount of that power to heal afflictions and calm the tempest and perform other miracles.
Our God is a truly awesome God.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our God is a truly awesome God.
What I like the most I think was when I took an honest look at sin and the commandments and came to the realization that the whole thing is an establishment of loving others in action and not hurting people. It all came down to the two great commandments, love God and love your neighbor. It brought me to the realization that God, this being that I really didn't know, is a loving Father that has heaven to share with us. And will provide a loving place for us to live one day, in a heavenly and loving family with the Father and Jesus filled with the Holy Spirit.

Knowing that makes the universe and existence less cold and lonely. And I would even go as far as to say, that it makes the universe or rather God's dwelling place in heaven, and joyful, happy and pleasant expectation. I can be part of his loving family. And that brings me joy and peace.

Reactions: L.A.M.B. and Pearl

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Despite its mind-boggling size the entire universe is composed mostly of dead lifeless atoms and molecules and is therefore not as miraculous as even a tiny grass seed.
Here's one I placed on damp tissue and within days it'd sprouted, and note the filament "roots" it put out to soak up the moisture, bless its little heart.
Scientists can analyse seeds like this by scanning them, testing them, dissecting them, list all their chemical components etc, but all the scientists in the world can't actually MAKE one..:)
"I will provide grass in the fields for your cattle" (Deuteronomy 11:15)

seed1.jpg

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Despite its mind-boggling size the entire universe is composed mostly of dead lifeless atoms and molecules and is therefore not as miraculous as even a tiny grass seed.
Here's one I placed on damp tissue and within days it'd sprouted, and note the filament "roots" it put out to soak up the moisture, bless its little heart.
Scientists can analyse seeds like this by scanning them, testing them, dissecting them, list all their chemical components etc, but all the scientists in the world can't actually MAKE one..:)
"I will provide grass in the fields for your cattle" (Deuteronomy 11:15)

View attachment 25444
Yes, I think the universe is a testament to God's great power, while life forms are a testament to his great intelligence and life giving spirit. The bible then is a testament of his power, intelligence and wisdom. I probably missed something there, but you get the idea. ;)

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can I vote "Both"?

When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers,
The moon and the stars, which You have ordained;

What is man that You take thought of him,
And the son of man that You care for him?

Yet You have made him a little lower than God,
And You crown him with glory and majesty!

You make him to rule over the works of Your hands;
You have put all things under his feet...

(Psalms 8:3-6)

I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Wonderful are Your works, And my soul knows it very well.

(Psalms 139:14)

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can I vote "Both"?

When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers,
The moon and the stars, which You have ordained;

What is man that You take thought of him,
And the son of man that You care for him?

Yet You have made him a little lower than God,
And You crown him with glory and majesty!

You make him to rule over the works of Your hands;
You have put all things under his feet...

(Psalms 8:3-6)

I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Wonderful are Your works, And my soul knows it very well.

(Psalms 139:14)
Yeah, and I didn't really set my heart on things above like I'm supposed to, like Heaven, I only mentioned the universe. I don't really know what heaven is or what it is like. There isn't a large amount written about it, unless you get into the dead sea scrolls and read the 2nd book of Enoch and believe that.

I guess heaven is something we could look forward to learning about? But from what I have read it sounds like perhaps one of the best creations of God.