What's the difference b/t a nice worldly person and a nice Christian?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I would like to discuss this. I would say the difference is worldly, nice people are not walking/abiding with the source, we as Christian people have a mission to accomplish and through the Holy Spirit God will guide us and tell us things. Worldly nice people only know a part of what goodness is but Godly/Christian people know what complete love is.

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I would like to discuss this. I would say the difference is they're not walking/abiding with the source, we have a mission to accomplish and through the Holy Spirit God will guide us and tell us things. Wordly nice people only know a part of what goodness is but Godly/Christian people know what complete love is.

We all have the power to love our neighbour as ourselves. That commandment is one that is universal. When Christians walk in a lower standard than that (even as they claim to walk in a higher righteousness), the world will attest that they are not in the truth. So the world has a safeguard against religious imposters. If you wish to surpass that standard then you will have to love others as Jesus did.

John 13:34) A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well even as a worldy man i could still do some good things .
The difference between what appears to be a kind person and a christain , is
ONLY the christain has salvation . And the christain wont embrace nor love sin .
See , i could do some good , but i also still loved my sin .

Reactions: Nancy

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well even as a worldy man i could still do some good things .
The difference between what appears to be a kind person and a christain , is
ONLY the christain has salvation . And the christain wont embrace nor love sin .
See , i could do some good , but i also still loved my sin .

What of the Jews? Do they love their sin? There is a point to be made in what you have said, but there are many righteous people that hate their sins, and in some cases more so than believers in Christ do.

Take the example of Gandhi. He fasted much and prayed often to bring his body under discipline so that he didn't crave anything in this world. He even overcame the need and desire for sexual relations so that the relationship with his wife became platonic in nature.

Now I'm not saying that the way of Gandhi has anything on the way of Christ. But how many of us modern believers actually follow Christ in such a way as to put Gandhi to shame? How many of us walk in a power that makes all human effort seem weak in comparison?

Reactions: faithfulness

Psalm51

Jun 23, 2021
the USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"But if you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them. And if you do good to those who do good to you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners do the same. And if you lend to those from whom you hope to receive back, what credit is that to you? For even sinners lend to sinners to receive as much back. But love your enemies, do good, and lend, hoping for nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High. For He is kind to the unthankful and evil. Therefore be merciful, just as your Father also is merciful."

(Luke 6:32-36) NKJV

In terms of "niceness," this would be the dividing line in my estimation. It's very hard to truly love your enemy, love from the heart...not just to say "Bless you" and bite your tongue, but to feel a genuine sadness for their sin and love them anyway. To never judge, to never condemn, for we are not on the judgement seat.

Reactions: Swede033

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would like to discuss this. I would say the difference is they're not walking/abiding with the source, we have a mission to accomplish and through the Holy Spirit God will guide us and tell us things. Wordly nice people only know a part of what goodness is but Godly/Christian people know what complete love is.

one is to love in truth:
1Pe_1:22 Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:
1Jn_3:18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.
2Jn_1:1 The elder unto the elect lady and her children, whom I love in the truth; and not I only, but also all they that have known the truth;
3Jn_1:1 The elder unto the wellbeloved Gaius, whom I love in the truth.

note that you don't have to be someone's friend to love them in truth. i over heard the usual conversation the other day, "how do i love this person i hate".

simple love the brethren in truth, mind you truth of God. one should take into consideration how the Lord God loves and hates. God reveals the truth of himself is how He loves, and with holding the truth of Himself is how he hates. Jesus showed His risen self to the faithful (those He loved) not to the world. and if its a none Christian then some go by look to the sinner not the sin, which is really saying the sinner could be a future brethren. also the bible preaches to visit the fatherless and the widow. in spiritual terms that's those who do not have God as their Father, and those who are bound, or married to this world which in God's eyes is dead already, hence they are widowed spiritually.

but a pleasant disposition means nothing other than being available to others or not. and what one is available to others for is the question. a pedophile is pleasant and kind and presents himself as trust worthy because he wants something. a call center operator is pleasant also to get something or even if its to keep the job. so a kind demeanor proves nothing, and it certainly doesn't prove Christianity, or Godliness. those concepts are derived by those who want to define what a Christian is or should be in their own judgement. hence trying to create Christianity in their own image, and likeness because the god they worship is really in their own image and likeness and try to tell you its your God in the bible. which goes on all the time.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What of the Jews? Do they love their sin? There is a point to be made in what you have said, but there are many righteous people that hate their sins, and in some cases more so than believers in Christ do.

Take the example of Gandhi. He fasted much and prayed often to bring his body under discipline so that he didn't crave anything in this world. He even overcame the need and desire for sexual relations so that the relationship with his wife became platonic in nature.

Now I'm not saying that the way of Gandhi has anything on the way of Christ. But how many of us modern believers actually follow Christ in such a way as to put Gandhi to shame? How many of us walk in a power that makes all human effort seem weak in comparison?
Ghandi did not hate his sin . IF he hated his SIN then why did he never submit to the RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD .
Ghandi love his sin . SELF . Anyone who thinks they can be righteous apart from Christ , LOVETH SIN .
For they cling to self .

Reactions: Nancy and marks

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

How many of us FOLLOW THE SPIRIT . That is how easy this all can be summed up .
FOR if we truly followed the SPIRIT , we would hate sin and love good . It would come to us with such ease of mind .
A total transformation of the mind . Yes , yes we must remind as well . WE must remind folks
to put to death the sins of the flesh and cling to Christ .
The church needs to correct error. We need to also remind one another to continue FAITHFUL to CHRIST , TO THE VERY END .

Reactions: Nancy and marks

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
one is to love in truth:
1Pe_1:22 Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:
1Jn_3:18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.
2Jn_1:1 The elder unto the elect lady and her children, whom I love in the truth; and not I only, but also all they that have known the truth;
3Jn_1:1 The elder unto the wellbeloved Gaius, whom I love in the truth.
Great verses there...

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ghandi did not hate his sin . IF he hated his SIN then why did he never submit to the RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD .
Ghandi love his sin . SELF . Anyone who thinks they can be righteous apart from Christ , LOVETH SIN .
For they cling to self .

He didn't submit to what he saw in the Christians he met. He saw through their hypocrisy. He saw that their claim to be walking in a higher righteousness than other men was bogus. What Gandhi refused to do was be dishonest. most people do not have that kind of honesty. They will say what they think is right in order to be accepted into whatever club is claiming, outrageously so, to have the truth on THEIR side.

Most believers cling to their outer nature in any regard. Very few will walk in the resurrection life of Christ.

And that is a given.

But salvation is bigger than what only a few can do. if we remain humble, the failed ones can still be among the guests at the wedding supper of the lamb. I say remain humble, since even that is too much to ask for most spoiled believers of our time. So many ministries are set up to lead people astray from the truth.

But the simplicity of humility is never considered.

So then God has a very high and impossible standard of holiness that only the power of grace can attain to. And then there is a much easier conformity to love others as ourselves and retain the fear of the Lord.

As Paul said...notice the goodness and severity of God....

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He didn't submit to what he saw in the Christians he met. He saw through their hypocrisy. He saw that their claim to be walking in a higher righteousness than other men was bogus. What Gandhi refused to do was be dishonest. most people do not have that kind of honesty. They will say what they think is right in order to be accepted into whatever club is claiming, outrageously so, to have the truth on THEIR side.

Most believers cling to their outer nature in any regard. Very few will walk in the resurrection life of Christ.

And that is a given.

But salvation is bigger than what only a few can do. if we remain humble, the failed ones can still be among the guests at the wedding supper of the lamb. I say remain humble, since even that is too much to ask for most spoiled believers of our time. So many ministries are set up to lead people astray from the truth.

But the simplicity of humility is never considered.

So then God has a very high and impossible standard of holiness that only the power of grace can attain to. And then there is a much easier conformity to love others as ourselves and retain the fear of the Lord.

As Paul said...notice the goodness and severity of God....
Two things . ONE , most christains are name only , mouth only , JUST like i was for years .
BUT ghandi USED that as an excuse , to not submit to the righteousness of GOD .
HE loved self .

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How many of us FOLLOW THE SPIRIT . That is how easy this all can be summed up .
FOR if we truly followed the SPIRIT , we would hate sin and love good . It would come to us with such ease of mind .
A total transformation of the mind . Yes , yes we must remind as well . WE must remind folks
to put to death the sins of the flesh and cling to Christ .
The church needs to correct error. We need to also remind one another to continue FAITHFUL to CHRIST , TO THE VERY END .

Amen. Those who are led by the Spirit are the sons of God. And then there is the higher standard of actually walking IN the Spirit. Very heady stuff indeed.

But the standard of salvation is to call upon the Lord. No performance necessary. It is the born again believers who will be judged harder. To whom much is given MORE is required.

So people teach things exactly backwards. The Holy Spirit makes us MORE responsible not less so.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen. Those who are led by the Spirit are the sons of God. And then there is the higher standard of actually walking IN the Spirit. Very heady stuff indeed.

But the standard of salvation is to call upon the Lord. No performance necessary. It is the born again believers who will be judged harder. To whom much is given MORE is required.

So people teach things exactly backwards. The Holy Spirit makes us MORE responsible not less so.
It is the born again believers who shall be saved . ALL ELSE are as i once was . LOST and in sin and in dire danger of hell fire itself .
YE must be born again . Yes indeed .

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Two things . ONE , most christains are name only , mouth only , JUST like i was for years .
BUT ghandi USED that as an excuse , to not submit to the righteousness of GOD .
HE loved self .

Correct! But it wasn't that Gandhi loved self. That is unfair and false. No. He was ignorant of the way of Christ because of a lack of witnesses to the power of grace. The same holds true today. Men have turned the way that is in Christ into a powerless religion of presumptions and assumptions. If it were up to waiting for a witness of Christ to inspire me, I would not be a Christian today.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correct! But it wasn't that Gandhi loved self. That is unfair and false. No. He was ignorant of the way of Christ because of a lack of witnesses to the power of grace. The same holds true today. Men have turned the way that is in Christ into a powerless religion of presumptions and assumptions. If it were up to waiting for a witness of Christ to inspire me, I would not be a Christian today.
I know it seems hard to understand why i say ghandi loved self . Yet HE DID .
We either love GOD , CHRIST above even our self , or we love self . I know many catholics
many protestants too , that can chastise themselves , and yet still they have not submitted to GOD , to CHRIST .

Reactions: marks

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I sure hope Gandhi repented and came to Christ BEFORE He died . Or that man is awaiting a lake of fire .

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I sure hope Gandhi repented and came to Christ BEFORE He died . Or that man is awaiting a lake of fire .

Have you never read about not judging nothing, or anyone, before the time? Don't cling to the natural mind of the fallen nature. Put on rather the mind of Christ.

Hint...the mind of Christ is one of humility.

Reactions: amadeus

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you never read about not judging nothing, or anyone, before the time? Don't cling to the natural mind of the fallen nature. Put on rather the mind of Christ.

Hint...the mind of Christ is one of humility.
have you ever read from both john and paul , that anyone who brings another gospel , another jesus
or etc , dont heed them . You are giving a false hope . POINT THEM TO CHRIST
or step aside and let me do it .

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
have you ever read from both john and paul , that anyone who brings another gospel , another jesus
or etc , dont heed them . You are giving a false hope . POINT THEM TO CHRIST
or step aside and let me do it .

You are confusing a perverting of the gospel with a simple life of humility. Anyway why are you so sure that you aren't doing exactly what you claim to be hating so much?

Ah. the humanity.:oops: