What's the difference between Faith and Hope?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hebrews 11:

1 Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.
It is not just that we have faith in Christ. We have the faith of Christ, i.e., Christ is our faith and our faith is Christ.

In terms of time frame, faith is in the present and hope is about the future. More specifically, often, hope refers to the new creation and eternal life, Titus 1:

2 the hope of eternal life, which God, who does not lie, promised before the beginning of time.
Romans 8:

22 We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time. 23Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption to sonship, the redemption of our bodies. 24 For in this hope we were saved. Now hope that is seen is not hope. For who hopes for what he sees? 25 But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience.
Faith is the present basis of our hope for the future.

We practice hope daily by the Paraclete of peace, Romans 15:

13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
In terms of time frame, faith is in the present and hope is about the future. More specifically, often, hope refers to the new creation and eternal life, Titus 1:

Consider that the born again is not as the unbeliever who has no hope.

Consider that Eternal life is Jesus Himself, and when we have "Christ in you, the Hope of Glory", we have Eternal life, already, as Jesus said......

= "i came to give you LIFE, and that more abundantly", and He is speaking about giving us HIMSELF...

This is why 1 John tells us that we can "KNOW we have eternal life"... as JESUS is our Eternal life.

Notice reader...

Jesus said..."All that believe in ME.... I give unto them... ETERNAL LIFE, and they shall never go to Hell, (perish)"...

This is Eternal Life Himself, in that verse.
That is Eternal Life HIMSELF< who live IN... all the born again, as we are 'In CHRIST", who is our Eternal Life".