What's The First Thing You Are Going To Do When You Get To Heaven?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

jshiii

Oct 15, 2008
North Pole
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What will be the first thing you do when your spirit separates from your physical flesh? I'll go first.

2 Corinthians 5:6–8 “6 Therefore, being always of good courage, and knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord— 7 for we walk by faith, not by sight— 8 we are of good courage, I say, and prefer rather to be absent from the body and to be at home with the Lord.”

I'm gonna give Jesus Christ a huge spiritual hug! Then I'm going to jump up on our FATHER'S lap! I already called 1st dibs, so stay outta my way! :)

*For Catholics, I guess it will be after you guys/gals get out of "Purgatory" Love you all!

The Lord Jesus Christ ONLY, is Worthy of all our Praise and Worship!
Eternity is a Very long Time!
Satan Loves Distractions and Wants Christians To Just Die!!

Last edited:
Reactions: theophilus

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What will be the first thing you do when your spirit separates from your physical flesh? I'll go first.

2 Corinthians 5:6–8 “6 Therefore, being always of good courage, and knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord— 7 for we walk by faith, not by sight— 8 we are of good courage, I say, and prefer rather to be absent from the body and to be at home with the Lord.”

The Lord Jesus Christ ONLY, is Worthy of all our Praise and Worship!
Eternity is a Very long Time!
Satan Loves Distractions and Wants Christians To Just Die!!

No where through all Scripture is a human spirit or soul appearing as a vapor/formless form without a body - either a physical or a new spiritual body (new creation) ....

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isn't the first thing, or one of the first, to worship Him throw down "crowns" at His feet ? Or does this come later ?

Did Jesus tell the Apostles and disciples: the Kingdom of Heaven is "in you"/ "in your midst", (already)..... start living like it ? I can't remember the version/ reference..... but I think He even told the Scribes and Pharisees ....

theophilus

Nov 13, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isn't the first thing, or one of the first, to worship Him throw down "crowns" at His feet ? Or does this come later ?

We will have to receive our crowns first. This will take place at the judgment of our works, described in 1 Corinthians 3:10-15.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"I am the righteousness of God, in Christ Jesus... and that's a pretty good place to be living."

Someone still guilty is not righteous, eh?
No, we sure aren't. We who are "guilty" — and that is ALL of us — are only even aware of God's righteousness because of being in Christ — where all that guilt is overlooked.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, we sure aren't. We who are "guilty" — and that is ALL of us — are only even aware of God's righteousness because of being in Christ — where all that guilt is overlooked.
I was not only remembering the Scripture regarding "the righteousness of God, in Christ Jesus"

I quoted the signature under your post , specifically the post I quoted.

I believe the Scripture is true regarding all that is written, including our righteousness as God sees when we are abiding in Christ Jesus and His Word is Alive and Abiding in us.

The guilt is long gone - as far as the east is from the west, God says He no longer remembers it - He (willingly) forgets it!

Psalms: "Blessed is the man whose sin the Creator does not hold against him."

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was not only remembering the Scripture regarding "the righteousness of God, in Christ Jesus"

I quoted the signature under your post , specifically the post I quoted.

I believe the Scripture is true regarding all that is written, including our righteousness as God sees when we are abiding in Christ Jesus and His Word is Alive and Abiding in us.

The guilt is long gone - as far as the east is from the west, God says He no longer remembers it - He (willingly) forgets it!

Psalms: "Blessed is the man whose sin the Creator does not hold against him."
That doesn't change the fact of our being guilty, one bit. We still are guilty.... just, now, forgiven. It is kind of foolishness to imagine that we never did any of the things we did. "Yes", we are still guilty, just not held accountable.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I kind of agree with your statement when "our" refers to those who are guilty and think so.

Those who are forgiven though, having nothing against them according to God's Word, are no longer guilty.

PURCHASED BY THE BLOOD OF JESUS THE LAMB WHO WAS SLAIN !

No longer a slave of sin, or of the flesh, or of unrighteousness, or of the devil.
That doesn't change the fact of our being guilty, one bit. We still are guilty.... just, now, forgiven. It is kind of foolishness to imagine that we never did any of the things we did.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
An ostrich with his head buried in the sand is convinced he is invisible, but he still exists.

A keeper of ostriches explained on a sailing blog video that ostriches put their heads to the ground to listen to sounds transmitted through the ground which would indicate impending danger to the bird itself. When viewed through a heat mirage, the ostrich would appear to have its head buried in the sand so to speak from a distance.

Perhaps if we were to put our head to God's "earth" we too would be able to hear the sounds of the approaching future events and respond accordingly to the time of our future judgement.

Shalom

PS: - I am reminded that we will be judged by the measure that we judge those around us. Perhaps the ostriches are wiser than all of us.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A keeper of ostriches explained on a sailing blog video that ostriches put their heads to the ground to listen to sounds transmitted through the ground which would indicate impending danger to the bird itself. When viewed through a heat mirage, the ostrich would appear to have its head buried in the sand so to speak from a distance.

Perhaps if we were to put our head to God's "earth" we too would be able to hear the sounds of the approaching future events and respond accordingly to the time of our future judgement.

Shalom

PS: - I am reminded that we will be judged by the measure that we judge those around us. Perhaps the ostriches are wiser than all of us.
I can't believe you actually took that old silly saying literally!?!?! Since I was a child, seventy years ago, everyone knew ostriches never buried their heads in the sand.
And, BTW, they are not "listening." They are using their heads (beaks) to turn the egg they hide in holes they have dug in the sand.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I can't believe you actually took that old silly saying literally!?!?! Since I was a child, seventy years ago, everyone knew ostriches never buried their heads in the sand.
And, BTW, they are not "listening." They are using their heads (beaks) to turn the egg they hide in holes they have dug in the sand.

Willie, you torn right in without any reflection about the point being made.

I googled the internet and also read what you had posted. The information provided was only w.r.t. ostriches putting their heads in the sand, or holes in the ground, no other habits of the ostrich, which I am sure there are, was dealt with in the information provided.