what's the point anymore

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mister Michael

Sep 13, 2018
Florida
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
what's the point of even having christian faith and being part of a congregation if all the other congregations are going to judge you and force their ways down your throat i am a jw and on christian forums i was constantly being told i was a wrong and i should "read the bible" and i say "okay i will read my bible" there response. "no no no your bible is corrupt okay read a "real" Bible" . i think that's what wrong with Christendom to many ways of thinking maybe those Catholics are right that the Protestant reformation should never have had happen. any way just saying that it is hard to believe if you're saved when some bully punches your throat and tells you are wrong.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
what's the point of even having christian faith and being part of a congregation if all the other congregations are going to judge you and force their ways down your throat i am a jw and on christian forums i was constantly being told i was a wrong and i should "read the bible" and i say "okay i will read my bible" there response. "no no no your bible is corrupt okay read a "real" Bible" . i think that's what wrong with Christendom to many ways of thinking maybe those Catholics are right that the Protestant reformation should never have had happen. any way just saying that it is hard to believe if you're saved when some bully punches your throat and tells you are wrong.
Why don't you go on a JW site? Christians have a mandate to avoid and resist false teachings so expect to be challenged if you endorse the JWs.
Jehovah's Witness Discussion Forum | JW.Org Community Information

Reactions: LC627

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Welcome to Christianity Board! Yes, I do not believe JW is Christian.

What do you believe of Jesus Christ? Is He God/Son of God? The Trinity?

What do you believe it takes for someone to be a Christian?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stop complaining and simply live for God. You are to please God, not people. People who really are people of God will love you in spite of your differences.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i see myself like other jws see themselves as Christians yes i know that might be hard to believe but it's true
I also see JWs as Christians, as much as I am able to see any group as Christians, but many people have in their minds and heart written a new definition for that word, Christian. If you don't line up with their definition then you are not allowed on their boat. But... like such a boat is not God's boat anyway so what does it matter that you are excluded?

"Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing." I Cor 13:1-3

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

What is it about the JW beliefs that attracted you to their religion? Were they just friendly towards you and that's how you got involved? What is your story?

Reactions: Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just to let you know, I am not trying to grill you with questions just coming on. :D I still love you for sure! I want to love as Christ sees me and see others through God's eyes. But at the same time, I know over 90% in the United States alone claim to be "Christians." To be a Christ follower is to not only believe in who Jesus is and what He did, but to follow Him. So this is why I ask who is Jesus Christ to you, because to me, Jesus Christ is my Saviour, my Redeemer, God in flesh.

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him, shall not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16

Mister Michael

Sep 13, 2018
Florida
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
What is it about the JW beliefs that attracted you to their religion? Were they just friendly towards you and that's how you got involved? What is your story?

I was born one then lost the faith when i became a bratty teen. Then went back and realize what i left behind and did studies with my grandfather. And i think they. Have good reasoning in their religon

Mister Michael

Sep 13, 2018
Florida
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
begotten means created
Just to let you know, I am not trying to grill you with questions just coming on. :D I still love you for sure! I want to love as Christ sees me and see others through God's eyes. But at the same time, I know over 90% in the United States alone claim to be "Christians." To be a Christ follower is to not only believe in who Jesus is and what He did, but to follow Him. So this is why I ask who is Jesus Christ to you, because to me, Jesus Christ is my Saviour, my Redeemer, God in flesh.

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him, shall not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16

Reactions: Nancy

Mister Michael

Sep 13, 2018
Florida
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I was born one then lost the faith when i became a bratty teen. Then went back and realize what i left behind and did studies with my grandfather. And i think they. Have good reasoning in their religon

Sure. The JW's were bible studiers. There is an emphasis on the humanity of Jesus. But this became important only because of the over-emphasis of the other churches on the divinity of Jesus to the detriment of His humanity.

It would seem that no human institution is able to represent the true nature of Jesus Christ...being both fully God AND fully human. This is seen by all and sundry as impossible. So then His nature is divided up piecemeal with each denomination attempting to champion one facet of Christ or the other. But Jesus as a whole person goes undiscovered and unrepresented.

Reactions: faithfulness

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
begotten means created

Did parents create their children like God created Adam? In KJV, there is a lot of begats, but they were not created. I believe Begotten just confirms the fact of Jesus being God's one and only Son. Those who believe in God are sons and daughters. But Jesus Christ is called the Father's only begotten Son, because Jesus Christ is part of that Holy Trinity.

Reactions: Nancy

Mister Michael

Sep 13, 2018
Florida
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
can you tell me how jesus can send his own body into mary's to be born. It's only reasonable to think that he was created. And his father Jehovah sent him.

Mister Michael

Sep 13, 2018
Florida
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Did parents create their children like God created Adam? In KJV, there is a lot of begats, but they were not created. I believe Begotten just confirms the fact of Jesus being God's one and only Son. Those who believe in God are sons and daughters. But Jesus Christ is called the Father's only begotten Son, because Jesus Christ is part of that Holy Trinity.
see message above

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
can you tell me how jesus can send his own body into mary's to be born. It's only reasonable to think that he was created. And his father Jehovah sent him.

There is a mystery at work here. The FATHER (Jehovah) sent a smaller piece of Himself (His Son) ...also Jehovah...that is of the same essence as Himself. A person who is responsible with the Father for this creation we are living in.That is the real identity of Jesus Christ.

When God divided Himself in order to join in His creation...the larger part...the Father ...became ELYON...the Most High. The Father is greater than the Son.

Last edited:

Mister Michael

Sep 13, 2018
Florida
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
i don't get what you're saying jesus was Jehovah's first creation his son. He was a spirit creature like an angel.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I agree with Episkopos, but also, Mary was a virgin up until after Jesus was born. God wanted Joseph to wait to have sex with Mary, for us to know that Mary was a virgin.

I heard this somewhere of JW beliefs, but just want to clarify... Do you believe God the Father came down and had sex with Mary?

I think of the Trinity as ice, water, and vapor...God the Father is Ice, and Jesus Christ is like water.

And what do you believe of the Holy Spirit?

Mister Michael

Sep 13, 2018
Florida
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
I agree with Episkopos, but also, Mary was a virgin up until after Jesus was born. God wanted Joseph to wait to have sex with Mary, for us to know that Mary was a virgin.

I heard this somewhere of JW beliefs, but just want to clarify... Do you believe God the Father came down and had sex with Mary?

I think of the Trinity as ice, water, and vapor...God the Father is Ice, and Jesus Christ is like water.

And what do you believe of the Holy Spirit?
Holy spirit is not it's own being but rather God's active force