What's your opinion on brussel sprouts?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I hope this is a fun thread haha, what is your opinion on brussel sprouts? Do you like them? or do they just make you wanna go ewh? Haha

Here is my opinion, after last night hahahahhaa, we rarely have brussel sprouts in this house, and i don't think i had tried them before, before last night, I may have but i was probably just a little kid and i did not like vegetables at all as a little kid, mum used to tell me and say you will get a vegetable injection if you don't eat your vegetables, so that made me eat my vegetables when I was a kid. hahahhaa

Anyway we had brussel sprouts with our dinner last night, and man i tried them, and they were crunchy and horrible, I could chew them, but i struggled to swallow them haha, i tried to put some on dad's plate, and dad didn't want anymore brussel sprouts, mum took a couple of brussel sprouts away from me, anyways i got to the last one hahhah, put in my mouth, and couldn't swallow it, I had to go to the bin and spit it out haha, jeez we even tried to dip the brussel sprouts in gravy, it didn't work to well, after eating the brussel sprouts, the carrots tasted so sweet after lolz, and we had delicious beef sausages to get rid of the bad taste. LOL What a relief.

:eek:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
i've noticed that the tiny European ones are more palatable than the big American honkers; don't know what kind you get down there? :)

Deborah_

Jun 7, 2015
Swansea, Wales
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
People either love them or hate them.

I think it may be a genetic thing (perhaps some of us can't taste the chemical that gives the bad taste) - certainly everyone in my family loves them, despite their terrible reputation.

They also taste better if harvested after a frost, so better later in the season than in autumn.

In any case, they need to be properly cooked. They mustn't be overcooked, but they shouldn't be crunchy!

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
i've noticed that the tiny European ones are more palatable than the big American honkers; don't know what kind you get down there? :)
Not sure, they were golf ball size, so i guess it's not a big American honker. Lol if it was a European 1, i guess i would really struggle with the American ones, it may be grown here in Australia though, kind of the right time of the year for it, with the cooler temperatures.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
People either love them or hate them.

I think it may be a genetic thing (perhaps some of us can't taste the chemical that gives the bad taste) - certainly everyone in my family loves them, despite their terrible reputation.

They also taste better if harvested after a frost, so better later in the season than in autumn.

In any case, they need to be properly cooked. They mustn't be overcooked, but they shouldn't be crunchy!

Ah well dad didn't like them either, so maybe it is a genetic thing. :D

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Brussel sprouts are evil, they are from the anti-Christ.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I guess we just better say perhaps God didn't intend to make them for human consumption. lol
I do wonder though did people really eat them in the Bible? Or was it more a food for livestock?

Or maybe God intended to make brussel sprouts for the game of golf in the olden days.

Maybe it was the old way they used to play golf, they would get a stick and use the brussel sprout as a golf ball, and putt the brussel sprout into the mole hole. :p

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Not sure, they were golf ball size, so i guess it's not a big American honker. Lol if it was a European 1, i guess i would really struggle with the American ones, it may be grown here in Australia though, kind of the right time of the year for it, with the cooler temperatures.
ok golf ball size is the huge ones. the Euros are closer to peas.

Reactions: Josho

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have tried them on many occasions over the years and I just cant. I would really need to fast a very long time, before I would attempt them again.

Reactions: Josho

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't like them...they taste funny!
This is perhaps, IMO, the understatement of the year. In my mother's house, they were put on our plates and we had to eat the horrid things, but believe me when I was no longer in her house, they never again were in my stomach. My wife had a similar experience in her home growing up and on this one thing we were one a very long time ago. They have never entered our house or our stomachs.

Reactions: Josho and Angelina

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I love them, but I also like the small ones...golf ball sized are too big.
My daughter once boiled them..then she frizzled them in a pan in butter...now that was to die for! Yummy.
But, I think broccoli is still my favourite :)