What's your racial background?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am born here in Australia, and i am a 1st generation Australian in my family, I am part American, Malaysian, Chinese, Cherokee, English, Scottish and a tiny bit French. What about the rest of yas? :huh:

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Josho

How many of those are 'races'?

Stranger

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I guess you could argue that, but we all came from Adam and Eve and then the tower of babel happened and God spreaded people across the earth, but fact is the beginning of beginnings started in the Middle East. So to answer your question I consider all of those races are races.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Josho said:
I am born here in Australia, and i am a 1st generation Australian in my family, I am part American, Malaysian, Chinese, Cherokee, English, Scottish and a tiny bit French. What about the rest of yas? :huh:
American is not a race. Australian is not a race. etc.

How are you defining a 'race'?

Stranger

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Stranger said:
American is not a race. Australian is not a race. etc.

How are you defining a 'race'?

Stranger
well neither was English a race back in the bible days, how are you defining it? If that's the case, we are either Greeks, Romans, Canaanites, Edomites. So I gotta disagree with your comment there. Some races are newer than others and some are older than others, in my opinion tho 250 years is enough time to develop a race, ya look at Americans and Australians they have developed into races, they have their own accents, they have adapted to their lands, they have their ways of life. Is an American Salmon the same as a British Salmon, do they taste the same? I reckon you would find out they are different. I for example may be a 1st generation Australian in my family, but i have been raised here in this country, with Aussies everywhere around me, ya know some people have even mistaken my racial background by how i look as Spanish. LOL!, Now where do ya get that from? How does it come down to someone can look like they could be from many different races? My accent though is a different story, since i have been born & raised in Australia, I sound Australian.

I reckon where you are born, what climate were you born in can play a role, also whereabouts your pregnant mum spent most of her time geographically can play a role while you were still in her womb, mum for example, all her ancestors are just about Chinese... She does not look like a pure Chinese though, she was born in Malaysia, and that plays a part in it I believe, it's that and God's unique creation. There are still many mysteries we do not know. Now you may think Aussies and Europeans GAH THEY ARE THE SAME! but no..... you will find differences in appearances, the way people speak, their taste buds. And you may say American is not a race, jeez like 4 generations maybe even 5 were Americans from my dad's side, most of them were born in Tennessee, the earlier gens tho came from North Carolina, country music ain't popular at all in Australia, in fact it's pretty unpopular and disliked by most of Australians, but aiy i found a like for it, it's my favorite genre, and ye you can inherit that from your ancestors i believe. Lets say for example, the past generations from your family might love eating pig chitterlings, and you were born in a different country that absolutely looks at ya in disgust and they don't even wanna try pig chitterlings. You can inherit stuff like that from past generations. And that's how we get people who are part Irish, Mexican, Singaporean, that's how we get a mix of racial backgrounds in different people.

Now i hope this reply satisfies you or i don't know what will.

This thread was not created for a debate about the definition of race though, it was created so we can share our backgrounds with each other, and get to know one and another a bit more, the whole idea is who were the past generations in your family and what made you, you. And yes it is something i take an interest in. ;)

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
British/Scottish. Now 30 yrs in Canada...but my kids were British born.

Reactions: Josho

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My race is human and that's what I put on forms. My ancestry is mostly from Spain, and the Austrian Hungarian empire, supposedly from disowned nobility on both parents sides which probably has something to do with my "horse shoe" kidney. I wonder how many people have noticed that the children of "mixed" marriages are commonly more beautiful, larger, healthier, and more intelligent than either parent. Their genetic makeup is closer to the original model.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cool. Do you know what tribe of nation?

I'm a member of the St.Croix band of Ojibwa. Also known as Chippewa because the early trappers and traders couldn't pronounce Ojibwa.

The Ojibwa is one of the largest tribes living in the Great Lakes region.

I got alotta homies.

g

Reactions: Helen

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm a member of the St.Croix band of Ojibwa. Also known as Chippewa because the early trappers and traders couldn't pronounce Ojibwa.

The Ojibwa is one of the largest tribes living in the Great Lakes region.

I got alotta homies.

g
One of my sister's in law had a little Blackfoot in her ancestry, and I've always found some offense in the way scripture was used to dehumanize and disposess a noble, if less technological , people of their native lands. At least their remnant should have an advantage in the reclamation of the land, during the millennial reign of Christ. Most modern Americans would be entirely lost without their technology, but traditionalists among "native Americans" have retained a great deal of survival skills for harsh conditions.

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
my Pa, was either German or Russian ? and clams Polish ? [I guess this was during different wars and they tried different ? places?

and my Ma Polish.................. I never did find out what it was or about , just kept changed I was born in Michigan

Reactions: Helen and Job