When are we SANCTIFIED?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like the old Methodist way sanctification was taught. If the old timers could not sense the sweet spirit of Christ in the experience they would tell you to come back tomorrow night. And smile a little as they said it, especially knowing that there were revivals and good services ahead.

My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you... - Galatians 4:19

Once the Christ was formed the soul was considered sanctified.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like the old Methodist way sanctification was taught. If the old timers could not sense the sweet spirit of Christ in the experience they would tell you to come back tomorrow night. And smile a little as they said it, especially knowing that there were revivals and good services ahead.

My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you... - Galatians 4:19

Once the Christ was formed the soul was considered sanctified.

Hey RockyTop!

I think the outpouring sanctifies us, yes. But I do think that "perfecting holiness in the fear of God" necessitates increasingly abiding in Him. In other words, I think sanctification must be sustained and not quenched away, or it will lead to spiritual uncleanness.

What do you think about that?

Hope you are having a wonderful and blessed evening.
- H

Reactions: rockytopva

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi. My belief is that I'm progressively sanctified as I take up my cross on a daily basis. This is also my experience over the past 20 plus years. Y'all have a good evening. Ron

Last edited by a moderator:

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And.... How much of sanctification is just simple faith....

Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee, To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me. - Acts 26:17-18

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And.... How much of sanctification is just simple faith....

Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee, To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me. - Acts 26:17-18
What seems to always follow in my mind as I think about sanctification . . . be it to you according to your faith.

Much love!

Reactions: rockytopva