When do you "expect" Jesus to return?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your summation does not explain the conundrum, but I have explained it, and this I have done not by my own terms but by those stated by Christ. Rejected once, and now again. :(

Aren’t you saying you know the day and hour Scott?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Aren’t you saying you know the day and hour Scott?
No. If one checks their watch one would know when it happened or happens, but that is not the point. The point is it is simply not when you expect...meaning two things: that you won't see it coming, and/or it is not according to religious interpretations.

Even so, Paul told us when.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. If one checks their watch one would know when it happened or happens, but that is not the point. The point is it is simply not when you expect...meaning two things: that you won't see it coming, and/or it is not according to religious interpretations.

Even so, Paul told us when.

Sorry, but using YOUR logic that directly contradicts scripture which clearly says:

“But as for that day and hour no one knows it—not even the angels in heaven —except the Father alone.

The Father alone. I checked every translation. No where does it say, The Father and Scott.

Take it from me--- The Arther of Hating on Einstein (Nobody likes a know-it-all)

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, but using YOUR logic that directly contradicts scripture which clearly says:

“But as for that day and hour no one knows it—not even the angels in heaven —except the Father alone.

The Father alone. I checked every translation. No where does it say, The Father and Scott.

Take it from me--- The Arther of Hating on Einstein (Nobody likes a know-it-all)
I didn't say anything to the contrary, but explained it just means that before it happens no one but the Father would know the day or the hour. But since Paul clarified, saying "but each one in his own order", it is also not a group/world event, but individual.

That is what is written--not just part, but all. No contradiction.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't think he said that at all. The day and hour mentioned in Mathew 24 is a literal day and hour.

If you familiarize yourself with his writings you’ll discover that he believes he knows the exact moment of Christ’s return who he contends returned to him in 1986 and that this is personal to each believer in their own personal moment.

This he calls “the greatest spiritual discovery of our time” right up there with Einstein’s theory on relativity.

It’s a good theory.

Reactions: stormymonday