When does prophesy end?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
13 “In that day a fountain shall be opened for the house of David and for the inhabitants of Jerusalem, for sin and for uncleanness.
2 “It shall be in that day,” says the Lord of hosts, “that I will cut off the names of the idols from the land, and they shall no longer be remembered. I will also cause the prophets and the unclean spirit to depart from the land. 3 It shall come to pass that if anyone still prophesies, then his father and mother who begot him will say to him, ‘You shall not live, because you have spoken lies in the name of the Lord.’ And his father and mother who begot him shall thrust him through when he prophesies.
4 “And it shall be in that day that every prophet will be ashamed of his vision when he prophesies; they will not wear a robe of coarse hair to deceive. 5 But he will say, ‘I am no prophet, I am a farmer; for a man taught me to keep cattle from my youth.’ 6 And one will say to him, ‘What are these wounds between your arms?’ Then he will answer, ‘Those with which I was wounded in the house of my friends.’
Zechariah 1:1-6
I have one question about this passage from the word of God to your ears.
What "day" is it referring to?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have one question about this passage from the word of God to your ears. What "day" is it referring to?
You have to go all the way back to chapter 12:1 for the context of chapter 13.

And both chapters refer to future events as summarized here. These are: (a) the battle of Armageddon, (b) the Second Coming of Christ, (c) the deliverance of Jerusalem from its enemies, (d) the repentance of the Jews who will see the One whom they have pierced and mourn, (e) the salvation of a believing remnant (one third of all Jews worldwide), (f) the cleansing of Israel from all unclean spirits, false prophets and idols. This will be prior to the establishment of Christ's millennial Kingdom on earth.

A cleansing fountain (the blood of Christ) will be opened for Israel at that time, when they see Christ with the nail prints in His hands and feet, and believe on Him as their true Messiah.

At the same time there is a prophecy (Zech 13:7) which relates to the events before and during the crucifixion, and speaks about how His disciples scattered after His arrest in the Garden of Gethsemane. The Sword of God's wrath against sin was applied to Christ on the cross, but His sheep had scattered at that time: Awake, O sword, against my Shepherd [Jesus], and against the Man that is my Fellow, saith the LORD of hosts: smite the Shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered: and I will turn mine hand upon the little ones.

Reactions: michaelvpardo

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have to go all the way back to chapter 12:1 for the context of chapter 13.

And both chapters refer to future events as summarized here. These are: (a) the battle of Armageddon, (b) the Second Coming of Christ, (c) the deliverance of Jerusalem from its enemies, (d) the repentance of the Jews who will see the One whom they have pierced and mourn, (e) the salvation of a believing remnant (one third of all Jews worldwide), (f) the cleansing of Israel from all unclean spirits, false prophets and idols. This will be prior to the establishment of Christ's millennial Kingdom on earth.

A cleansing fountain (the blood of Christ) will be opened for Israel at that time, when they see Christ with the nail prints in His hands and feet, and believe on Him as their true Messiah.

At the same time there is a prophecy (Zech 13:7) which relates to the events before and during the crucifixion, and speaks about how His disciples scattered after His arrest in the Garden of Gethsemane. The Sword of God's wrath against sin was applied to Christ on the cross, but His sheep had scattered at that time: Awake, O sword, against my Shepherd [Jesus], and against the Man that is my Fellow, saith the LORD of hosts: smite the Shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered: and I will turn mine hand upon the little ones.

Yup. But I'm pretty sure that most people don't quite get that yet. I have no intention of making any arguments, you've got this 100% and you're not alone here even if the body struggles with the eternal gospel (it's not new, but not understood. ) It's not the gospel as given to men, but the gospel as given to creation from the creator and Father of all spirits, for the application of the redemption paid with Christ's blood, to all who would receive, for the restoration of the lost, and in accordance with the Holy writ. May all creation bless His name. Amen.