When I first Become A Follower of Christ!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theophilus

Nov 13, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is one thing that Christians agree on. Jesus Christ died and rose from the grave. It is necessary to believe that to become a Christian. We can and do disagree on everything else.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought that every Christian believed the same thing?
Growing up as Catholic, I saw that there were two groups, Catholic, Protestants with Mormon forming a third unknown element.

Living with my mother I was with the Catholics, but when I visited with my father I was with the Protestants. It took me years to even begin to understand the differences and why sometimes people got so hot under the collar about those differences.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
When I first became a follower of Christ I noticed that people were wearing very conservative clothing, dull and a bit boring.
Not like the clothing I was wearing which was probably more suitable at a night club venue [not that went to night clubs]...

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I first became a follower of Christ I noticed that people were wearing very conservative clothing, dull and a bit boring.
Not like the clothing I was wearing which was probably more suitable at a night club venue [not that went to night clubs]...
Angelina,

It is embarrassing to me how some women dress in Church. Every time I see it I think to myself “What the heck.....Did they just leave a night club to come to church?” I feel embarrassed for them.

Thank you for starting this discussion.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I first became a follower of Christ, I was fifteen years old and my mom and dad divorced about a week after the commitment. Life changed fast, sad, but for the better. The tests and trials made me stronger and only drew me closer to my Savior and grow faster in my walk with Christ.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I first became a follower of Christ I found it hard to pray within a group because I thought my prayers were pathetic compared to others and I would shake a little, go bright red and stutter....

That is how I felt when I was the choir chaplain a few years later in my senior year...But the good thing is I learned how to pray and got more comfortable in praying out loud in doing that. Before that, I never prayed out loud, I believe, as a new Christian.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One time I prayed before a concert and was stuttering through a prayer. I asked God to invigorate the choir so that we would be full of energy and joy singing our songs! And when the judge gave his comments, not hearing what I prayed in the practice room, (don't even know where "invigorate" came from and I could only pronounce it right nervously after the third try :D), the judge said, "you all were filled with such joy singing your songs and your performance was just invigorating." Everyone in the choir bent over looking towards me, with very surprised looks on their faces... Amazing how God works. I just shrugged with a big old grin on my face.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
One time I prayed before a concert and was stuttering through a prayer. I asked God to invigorate the choir so that we would be full of energy and joy singing our songs! And when the judge gave his comments, not hearing what I prayed in the practice room, (don't even know where "invigorate" came from and I could only pronounce it right nervously after the third try :D), the judge said, "you all were filled with such joy singing your songs and your performance was just invigorating." Everyone in the choir bent over looking towards me, with very surprised looks on their faces... Amazing how God works. I just shrugged with a big old grin on my face.

That is so awesome! Praise Jesus!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
When I first became a follower of Christ, I was in the youth group and they were playing a game like Pictionary. One of the words were "clink"
Most of the young people drew pictures of two wine glasses clicking together but I drew a jail cell.

No-one in my group could work out what I had drawn so we lost that one. That's when I realised that they [coming from a church upbringing] did not speak the same language as me. [clink is a well known term often used in my circle, to mean jail]

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There is one thing that Christians agree on. Jesus Christ died and rose from the grave. It is necessary to believe that to become a Christian. We can and do disagree on everything else.
Even Satan believes Jesus rose from the grave.
One can 'know' the facts without knowing them.....one can talk the talk without walking the walk. Clubbers have never constituted those who belong to the family of faith.

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I first became a follower of Christ, I flipped through the Bible and pointed to see what I would find. I read an Old Testament law about not eating pork because it was unclean. I only lasted a week. :D Thankfully found a good church when we moved out of the city (because of the divorce), and they set me right on a few things. Lol.