When Is Flesh Man Judged To Perish?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't really intend to ask the question, but to explain it per God's Holy Writ. It appears many brethren fail to understand this important point of when flesh man is judged to condemnation.

Why is understanding this important? Because we worship a Just GOD, and we can have Faith that He will do what He says. And the time of His Judgment of men and casting the wicked into the lake of fire He set for a specific time per His Word.

In Revelation 20 we are shown the 1st resurrection reigning with Jesus over the nations for a thousand years. Those elect are shown having overcome the beast, or his image, and neither had received his mark nor worshiped him. That undoubtedly places the timeline there to be after... this present world when Jesus has returned and subdued all things unto Himself.

Then Rev.20 shows His reign with His elect for a thousand years, and then after that period, the devil is destroyed, and then this event:

Rev 20:11-15
11 And I saw a great white throne, and Him That sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
KJV

That... is the ONLY time when flesh man will be judged to perish in the "lake of fire". That fire is a future event that will destroy even the abode of hell along with the wicked.

So who do you think this is?...

Rev 17:8
8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.
KJV

Rev 17:11
11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.
KJV

Rev 11:7
7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.
KJV

As of today, the ONLY ones already judged and sentenced to perish in the future "lake of fire" are the devil and his angels. No flesh born man has been judged yet, because flesh man's time of judgment to perish is not until God's GWT Judgment at the end of Christ's future thousand years reign per Revelation 20.

So this one mentioned in the Rev.17 & 11 Scripture is actually Satan himself as that one who ascends out of the bottomless pit and goes into perdition. In Revelation 9 he is even called Apollyon which is from the Greek word apollumi which means 'to perish' or 'perdition'.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't really intend to ask the question, but to explain it per God's Holy Writ. It appears many brethren fail to understand this important point of when flesh man is judged to condemnation.

Why is understanding this important? Because we worship a Just GOD, and we can have Faith that He will do what He says. And the time of His Judgment of men and casting the wicked into the lake of fire He set for a specific time per His Word.

In Revelation 20 we are shown the 1st resurrection reigning with Jesus over the nations for a thousand years. Those elect are shown having overcome the beast, or his image, and neither had received his mark nor worshiped him. That undoubtedly places the timeline there to be after... this present world when Jesus has returned and subdued all things unto Himself.

Then Rev.20 shows His reign with His elect for a thousand years, and then after that period, the devil is destroyed, and then this event:

Rev 20:11-15
11 And I saw a great white throne, and Him That sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
KJV

That... is the ONLY time when flesh man will be judged to perish in the "lake of fire". That fire is a future event that will destroy even the abode of hell along with the wicked.

8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.
KJV

11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.
KJV

7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.
KJV

As of today, the ONLY ones already judged and sentenced to perish in the future "lake of fire" are the devil and his angels. No flesh born man has been judged yet, because flesh man's time of judgment to perish is not until God's GWT Judgment at the end of Christ's future thousand years reign per Revelation 20.

So this one mentioned in the Rev.17 & 11 Scripture is actually Satan himself as that one who ascends out of the bottomless pit and goes into perdition. In Revelation 9 he is even called Apollyon which is from the Greek word apollumi which means 'to perish' or 'perdition'.

1 Timothy 5:24-25
[24] Some men's sins are open beforehand, going before to judgment; and some men they follow after. [25] Likewise also the good works of some are manifest beforehand; and they that are otherwise cannot be hid.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Timothy 5:24-25
[24] Some men's sins are open beforehand, going before to judgment; and some men they follow after. [25] Likewise also the good works of some are manifest beforehand; and they that are otherwise cannot be hid.

And the subject there is?

The matter of the thread is judgment into the future "lake of fire". The judgment into the "lake of fire" will only occur in the future after Christ's thousand years reign like I showed from Revelation 20.

Before that time, there are many types of other judgments. God's laws in the courts are still active today. But those judgments are not... about condemnation of one's soul to the "lake of fire". Only Jesus can be that Judge. And no flesh born man has gone through that future GWT Judgment yet today.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It appears many brethren fail to understand this important point of when flesh man is judged to condemnation.
The Bible calls those who are unsaved either *the lost*, or *the unrighteous* or *the wicked*. These are the unregenerate, those who are not written in the Lamb's Book of Life. So there is no term such as *flesh man* in Scripture.
That fire is a future event that will destroy even the abode of hell along with the wicked.
If this is a reference to Hades (translated incorrectly as *hell*) being cast into the Lake of Fire, that is simply a metaphor. Hades is in the heart of the earth, or in the lower parts of the earth. All the unsaved are presently in Hades, awaiting their final judgment. So when they are cast into the Lake of Fire, Hades is metaphorically cast into the Lake of Fire, and will not be occupied again.
No flesh born man has been judged yet, because flesh man's time of judgment to perish is not until God's GWT Judgment at the end of Christ's future thousand years reign per Revelation 20.
Those who are in Hades have already been judged. They are already separated from God. They are already in torment. And after the Great White Throne Judgment, they will be cast into the Lake of Fire, eternally separated from God.

Reactions: Ezra

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
You are correct, Davy, that the final Judgement of every individual that has ever lived, will happen at the Great White Throne Judgment; after the Millennium. Revelation 20:11-15
The outcome is simply arrived at: If your name is Written in the Book of Life, Malachi 3:16-18, then you will receive immortality. If your name is not found in the Book of Life, then its into the Lake of Fire for you.
Those made immortal will live with God forever, Revelation 22:1-5, but the LoF is not said to be forever, so I believe that those souls will simply be annihilated and exist no more.

There is no 'Hades' or any other place than the grave for the dead. They know nothing, but from the moment of death, until the moment they stand before God in Judgment, there is no consciousness of time passing.
Only the martyrs killed during the Great Tribulation, will have their souls kept under the heavenly Altar, Revelation 6:9-11, and Jesus will bring them with Him when He Returns. They will be brought back to life then. Revelation 20:4

These truths utterly preclude any notions of a 'rapture to heaven' of anyone, as that requires a person to become a spiritual being, which is impossible before the GWT Judgment.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
ERROR #1 ANNIHILATIONISM
LoF is not said to be forever, so I believe that those souls will simply be annihilated and exist no more.
ERROR #2 - SOUL SLEEP AND DENIAL OF HADES
There is no 'Hades' or any other place than the grave for the dead. They know nothing, but from the moment of death, until the moment they stand before God in Judgment, there is no consciousness of time passing.
ERROR #3 -- DENIAL OF THE RAPTURE
These truths utterly preclude any notions of a 'rapture to heaven' of anyone, as that requires a person to become a spiritual being, which is impossible before the GWT Judgment.

It is quite evident that Keraz has either concocted his own theology, or adopted that of one of the cults. Sad.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

KJV

KJV

KJV

Satan is not in the Pit.

The king who was, and is not and will be is the third beast of Danial, Greece, and is the belly of the statue. Alexander the great, the demon in him. The AC.

Simple proof it is not Satan is the three foul spirits who come out of the mouth of the AC, false prophet and statue of the AC known as the Dragon Satan indwells and brings to life.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
ERROR #1 ANNIHILATIONISM

ERROR #2 - SOUL SLEEP AND DENIAL OF HADES

ERROR #3 -- DENIAL OF THE RAPTURE

It is quite evident that Keraz has either concocted his own theology, or adopted that of one of the cults. Sad.
Sad all right; that you fail to prove your beliefs. All opinion and no proper rebuttal.
Believing that wicked people are tortured forever, that there is consciousness and an intermediate stage after death, and worse of all; a 'rapture to heaven' of the Church before any Judgment, places you firmly as a cult member, as none of those things are supported in the Bible.

Reactions: Harvest 1874

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why claim a timeline...only to tell it wrong?

Did "this present world" end without you knowing it?
For Jesus gave His own timeline two thousand years ago, saying, "I have overcome the world."

...Brother - do no more teaching. Spiritual discernment is not working for you.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible calls those who are unsaved either *the lost*, or *the unrighteous* or *the wicked*. These are the unregenerate, those who are not written in the Lamb's Book of Life. So there is no term such as *flesh man* in Scripture.

If this is a reference to Hades (translated incorrectly as *hell*) being cast into the Lake of Fire, that is simply a metaphor. Hades is in the heart of the earth, or in the lower parts of the earth. All the unsaved are presently in Hades, awaiting their final judgment. So when they are cast into the Lake of Fire, Hades is metaphorically cast into the Lake of Fire, and will not be occupied again.

Those who are in Hades have already been judged. They are already separated from God. They are already in torment. And after the Great White Throne Judgment, they will be cast into the Lake of Fire, eternally separated from God.

That there is no term 'flesh man' actually written in The Bible is irrelevant to the subject. That no one born in the flesh has been judged and sentenced to perish in the future "lake of fire" yet is... relevant.

Rev 20:14
14 And death and hell (haides) were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

KJV

That Scripture is literal. The "lake of fire" is about a future destruction prepared for the devil and his angels (Matt.25:41).

The wicked dead as you say, "awaiting their final judgment", shows you admit there is a FINAL judgment from God in the future.
That's God's GWT Judgment I have spoken of that no flesh born man has gone through yet. Nor do we have authority to say who is already condemned to perish in the "lake of fire" yet, because the GWT Judgment is not yet. Even our Lord Jesus was careful to not say to anyone, "you are going to perish", but instead warned of one being in danger of perishing, the reason being because it is not yet time for man born in the flesh to be sentenced to perish.

Reactions: Keraz

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why claim a timeline...only to tell it wrong?

Did "this present world" end without you knowing it?
For Jesus gave His own timeline two thousand years ago, saying, "I have overcome the world."

...Brother - do no more teaching. Spiritual discernment is not working for you.

You are not Lord Jesus, so why try to speak in riddles like Him? Make your words plain.

I figured I'd raise some eyebrows among those who listen to charlatans that try and butcher the Rev.20 Scripture proof of Christ's "thousand years" literal reign with His elect that begins at His return.

And to wrongly claim I'm lacking in spiritual discernment just because of my keeping to the Rev.20 chapter as written, is even more of a show of your Biblical ignorance.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are not Lord Jesus, so why try to speak in riddles like Him? Make your words plain.

I figured I'd raise some eyebrows among those who listen to charlatans that try and butcher the Rev.20 Scripture proof of Christ's "thousand years" literal reign with His elect that begins at His return.

And to wrongly claim I'm lacking in spiritual discernment just because of my keeping to the Rev.20 chapter as written, is even more of a show of your Biblical ignorance.
You have a correction to make. You have made major error: Jesus' reign began when He said so - two thousand years ago.

Is that plain enough for you?

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have a correction to make. You have made major error: Jesus' reign began when He said so - two thousand years ago.

Is that plain enough for you?

Like I said, I figured I'd raise some knucklehead's eyebrows when I commented on the Revelation 20 "thousand years" by Christ and His elect that will 'begin'... at His literal return.

Lot of those knuckleheads act like they don't want Jesus to return to this earth as written in God's Word. They instead want their new world order to replace Jesus' future Kingdom on this earth at Jerusalem. Just imagine, with all the wars, famines, diseases, atheism, child abuse, drug abuse, murder, thievery, etc., still going on today, the knuckleheads think our Lord Jesus is reigning over that! Talk about confusion, they are the height of it.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Like I said, I figured I'd raise some knucklehead's eyebrows when I commented on the Revelation 20 "thousand years" by Christ and His elect that will 'begin'... at His literal return.

Lot of those knuckleheads act like they don't want Jesus to return to this earth as written in God's Word. They instead want their new world order to replace Jesus' future Kingdom on this earth at Jerusalem. Just imagine, with all the wars, famines, diseases, atheism, child abuse, drug abuse, murder, thievery, etc., still going on today, the knuckleheads think our Lord Jesus is reigning over that! Talk about confusion, they are the height of it.

Davy, I am not a knucklehead, and I have yet to find a single verse that suggests that Christ is going to rule the earth from the face of the earth when He is given dominion over the peoples of the earth in our near future. What I read though in Rev. 20 is that he will establish a priesthood in Heaven in which He will lead the priesthood in the worship of God.

Shalom

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It is you who are confused. But let's be perfectly clear, you have made error upon error and now you are calling names, none of which is very Christian behavior. But for those who care to know the truth and will be honest and decent, let's look at your errors:
  1. You are assuming that the evils of this world are a sign and a clear indication that although Jesus said very clearly two thousand years ago that He had [then] overcome the world, that He in fact has not, because you believe what you see in the world instead of what He said. You may as well say that Jesus failed on the cross. After all, He died and from an objective standpoint nothing has "literally" changed. But no, that would make you wrong on both accounts...because what you see is not the measure of His success on the cross or the fact that He is now reigning, having overcome the world. But you were not suppose to look at what you see, but to look to the clouds of heaven and see Him coming in power. Those to whom He spoke those words did see Him coming in the clouds - but they saw Him coming in their death. But we who are alive and remain, are to see Him in life - and yet you have just told the world that you do not see Him in His power and great glory. Therefore, you too will see Him only in death. Either way, your witness against what He said, does not change the truth of what He said...nor the timing.
...That's enough. It's already obvious that you do not speak for Him, but against Him.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the subject there is?

The matter of the thread is judgment into the future "lake of fire". The judgment into the "lake of fire" will only occur in the future after Christ's thousand years reign like I showed from Revelation 20.

Before that time, there are many types of other judgments. God's laws in the courts are still active today. But those judgments are not... about condemnation of one's soul to the "lake of fire". Only Jesus can be that Judge. And no flesh born man has gone through that future GWT Judgment yet today.

But who Judges? Is it not God? Is God not light and in Him there is no darkness? Is it not this light that judges the world in the personhood of the Son who is Christ. The word says they will not go to the light for fear their deeds will be made known. It is not so with us. We are supposed to have boldness to come before the throne of God knowing Him who dwells in the light. Is this not the white (pure)throne you speak of?

Isaiah 59:9-11
[9] Therefore is judgment far from us, neither doth justice overtake us: we wait for light, but behold obscurity; for brightness, but we walk in darkness. [10] We grope for the wall like the blind, and we grope as if we had no eyes: we stumble at noonday as in the night; we are in desolate places as dead men . [11] We roar all like bears, and mourn sore like doves: we look for judgment, but there is none; for salvation, but it is far off from us.

We look and hope for judgment.
We hope for Salvation.
It is not far from us but has come near. As to Isaiah.

2 Thessalonians 2:8
[8] And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

We are told to work out our salvation with fear and trembling. We are instructed to let love have her perfect work. we are told to buy gold tried of fire that we will not be found as one who can not see His beauty. When the new city is made ready; her adornments are not of this world but of His adornments which are not outward beauty but those things eternal and lasting, the fruits of the Spirit. Galatians 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, [23] Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. When He says the bride has made herself ready... it is not the outward she has made ready but as HE IS, so are we in this world.

Daniel 7:9
[9] I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire. (Ezekiel 1:4-28) tells of this throne of God. Notice the words ‘terrible’ and ‘dreadful’. As Is the Old Testament the house of God also ‘terrible’ and ‘dreadful’ applied as in Jacob’s ladder. It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of God. It is not so with us. Or shouldn’t be because perfect love cast out torment. And we can come boldly before a Father, and not a Judge. In OT the came to a mountain burning that they could approach. Hebrews 12:18-22 For ye are not come unto the mount that might be touched, and that burned with fire, nor unto blackness, and darkness, and tempest, [19] And the sound of a trumpet, and the voice of words; which voice they that heard intreated that the word should not be spoken to them any more: [20] (For they could not endure that which was commanded, And if so much as a beast touch the mountain, it shall be stoned, or thrust through with a dart: [21] And so terrible was the sight, that Moses said, I exceedingly fear and quake [22] But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,

1 John 4:15-18
[15] Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God. [16] And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him. [17] Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world. [18] There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

Who has not been made perfect in love ...fears torment and ‘terrible’’dreadful’ appearance of the brightness of a Judge...not a Father.

Isaiah 33:14
[14] The sinners in Zion are afraid; fearfulness hath surprised the hypocrites. Who among us shall dwell with the devouring fire? who among us shall dwell with everlasting burnings?

Hebrews 12:29
[29] For our God is a consuming fire.

Who can dwell with Him?

Revelation 18:15
[15] The merchants of these things, which were made rich by her, shall stand afar off for the fear of her torment, weeping and wailing,

It is not so with us. The fear of torment is cast out by perfect love: Christ.

Last edited:

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Davy, I am not a knucklehead, and I have yet to find a single verse that suggests that Christ is going to rule the earth from the face of the earth when He is given dominion over the peoples of the earth in our near future. What I read though in Rev. 20 is that he will establish a priesthood in Heaven in which He will lead the priesthood in the worship of God.

Shalom

Acts 1:9-11
9 And when He had spoken these things, while they beheld, He was taken up; and a cloud received Him out of their sight.

10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as He went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;

11 Which also said, "Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, Which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen Him go into heaven."

KJV

There's plenty of Scripture evidence to show that Jesus is coming back to this earth, de facto, and that it is not just some spiritualization or symbolic return, but a literal return to earth.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't really intend to ask the question, but ...

The OP DID ask the Question;
WHEN IS FLESH MAN JUDGED TO PERISH?

After the millennium Reign.
Great White Throne Judgement.

Rev 20
[11] And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

TWO Books OPENED...

One Book is Evidence of Works.
....Works of men in Books are Judged.
One Book is Evidence of Names.
.....Names in this Book Judged to eternal life..
.....Missing Names Judged for Body & Soul distruction.

[12] And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
[13] And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
[14] And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
[15] And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Glory to God,
Taken