When is the great tribulation?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Matthew 24:

21 For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been from the beginning of the world until now, no, and never will be. 22 And if those days had not been cut short, no human being would be saved. But for the sake of the elect those days will be cut short.
Christians will experience the great tribulation.

How long will the great tribulation last?

I don't know exactly but it is counted in days and not years.

If you were in the early stages of tribulation, would you know it?

Only with hindsight:

29 “Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30 Then will appear in heaven the sign of the Son of Man, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31And he will send out his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
One can even include possible redeemable people on other planets.

More detail of the 2nd coming is described in 1 Thessalonians 4:

16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.
John 6:

40 For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.
Revelation 1:

7 Look, he is coming with the clouds,” and “every eye will see him, even those who pierced him; and all peoples on earth “will mourn because of him.” So shall it be! Amen.
John 5:

28 Do not marvel at this, for an hour is coming when all who are in the tombs will hear his voice 29and come out, those who have done good to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil to the resurrection of judgment.
2 Peter 3:

12b the heavens will be set on fire and dissolved, and the heavenly bodies will melt as they burn! 13But according to his promise we are waiting for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells.
The following seems to be the chronological order of events:

1. The great tribulation
  2. 2nd coming of Christ on the clouds in the last day
  3. The dead in Christ resurrected
  4. Live believers caught up (rapture).
  5. The wicked resurrected for judgment
  6. End of physical days, space-time dimensions changed
  7. New heavens and new earth established.
As for the millennium reign, I assume it is only symbolic and not literal.

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
op: When is Great Tribulation?
Thanks for asking:
The ( Mystery ) Body Of Christ has suffered "tribulation, distress, trouble, persecution,
and infirmities" (Romans - Philemon) for about 2000 years now, so After
Grace Ends With:

1) God's Great GRACE Departure!

Then God's ( Prophetic ) Judgment For Israel and the nations begins with:

2. The great tribulation

3. 2nd coming of Christ on the clouds in the last day

Rightly Divided study help: "Distinctions" of earthly Prophecy vs Heavenly MYSTERY

Amen.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 24:

How long will the great tribulation last?

I don't know exactly but it is counted in days and not years.

If you were in the early stages of tribulation, would you know it?

Only with hindsight:

One can even include possible redeemable people on other planets.

More detail of the 2nd coming is described in 1 Thessalonians 4:

John 6:

Revelation 1:

John 5:

2 Peter 3:

The following seems to be the chronological order of events:

1. The great tribulation
  2. 2nd coming of Christ on the clouds in the last day
  3. The dead in Christ resurrected
  4. Live believers caught up (rapture).
  5. The wicked resurrected for judgment
  6. End of physical days, space-time dimensions changed
  7. New heavens and new earth established.
As for the millennium reign, I assume it is only symbolic and not literal.
Perhaps we will each experience such an event in our lives.

Traveler

Dec 20, 2023
Parksvill
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This is what I have come to understand, There is the tribulation that comes from this earth that is directed towards Gods people as in the seven seals. Then there is the tribulation that comes from God and is directed against this earth. as in the trumpets and the bowls of wrath.

The great tribulation will be the latter with the trumpets as the warning and the bowls as a full blown out pouring. However remember that the first tribulation includes the opening of the 5th seal which the saints will go through en-mass

Traveler

Dec 20, 2023
Parksvill
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Great tribulation (not THE great tribulation) WAS in 70 AD.
You can see the fifth seal is starting to open , This is going to be worse than 70 AD, surveillance state, restricted travel, mark of beast etc.

DJT_47

Oct 29, 2022
Michigan/Sterling Heights
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can see the fifth seal is starting to open , This is going to be worse than 70 AD, surveillance state, restricted travel, mark of beast etc.
Granted, there are things occurring now and that have been occurring that could be construed to be consistent with revelation, e.g.; the growing embrace and use of RFID chip implants in the hand especially in Europe, the drying up of the Euphrates River which is almost totally dried up now, the strange, unbelievable and unearthly sounds heard in the sky around the world which I personally heard too a few years ago here in the US, but I'm not yet sure what it all truly means or if it all can be connected with Revelation. I'm not sure about how one should read and understand Revelation with all its symbolism, nor have I heard any truly convincing interpretations of the book. One must keep in mind who Revelation was written to and what its intended meaning was to THEM: The 7 churches of Asia in the 1st century AD!

In general, Revelation, like the other books of the bible, such as all the writings of the NT, are very misinterpreted and misappllied for this same reason: who were they written to, when, and why, and then one must look at how the writings can be applied to us today, but the underlying nature of these documents are generally misappllied and misunderstood, most people viewing them as though they were written directly to us today, and have application to the churches today universally, which they weren't and necessarily don't. E.g.; who was Romans written to? Who was the Corinthian letters written to and correspondingly, what did they address, what was their purpose? Who was the Ephesian letter written to, etc. In all cases, these letters weren't written to us today although their content could have meaning and application to us, but they in all instances, were NOT written to us. So after saying that, what does Revelation really mean?? That's a very good question.