When Tempted, Giving over to [Willful] Sin equates to Eternal Death, not Eternal Life.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When tempted, giving over to [willful] sin equates to eternal death, not Eternal Life. Eternal life is reserved for those who overcome. Adam & Eve surrendered to sin in their time of temptation, and it resulted in death. God drove them out of Paradise because sin equates to death. Sadly, the churches today are not equipping the people to become Soldiers of the Cross, i.e., overcomers, but rather to sympathize with their flesh; it's a doctrine of men, inspired by satan.

Romans 6
[22] But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.
[23] For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Have you received this gift of God? Or, do you still give into the works of the flesh?

Galatians 5
[19] Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
[20] Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
[21] Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Reactions: amadeus

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When tempted, giving over to [willful] sin equates to eternal death, not Eternal Life. Eternal life is reserved for those who overcome. Adam & Eve surrendered to sin in their time of temptation, and it resulted in death. God drove them out of Paradise because sin equates to death. Sadly, the churches today are not equipping the people to become Soldiers of the Cross, i.e., overcomers, but rather to sympathize with their flesh; it's a doctrine of men, inspired by satan.

Romans 6
[22] But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.
[23] For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Have you received this gift of God? Or, do you still give into the works of the flesh?

Galatians 5
[19] Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
[20] Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
[21] Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

so what is it that Adam and Eve did? and exactly when did they die, seeing they lived quite some time after they were in the garden. weren't they suppose to die the day they ate of the tree?

I don't see adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like, mentioned in the documentation of what toke place in the garden.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
When tempted, giving over to [willful] sin equates to eternal death, not Eternal Life. Eternal life is reserved for those who overcome.
So because Paul admits to doing 'evil deeds' we won't see him in heaven and of course John was totally mistaken when he said he who says he is without son deceives himself and the truth(Jesus) is not in him.

Then there all those notable Christians Jonathan Edwards, John Pattern, Jim Elliott etc etc who all admitted to being sinners.
It is a shame that so few Christians will be in heaven.

Or you are wrong.

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So because Paul admits to doing 'evil deeds' we won't see him in heaven and of course John was totally mistaken when he said he who says he is without son deceives himself and the truth(Jesus) is not in him.

Then there all those notable Christians Jonathan Edwards, John Pattern, Jim Elliott etc etc who all admitted to being sinners.
It is a shame that so few Christians will be in heaven.

Or you are wrong.

Dispute the Truth all you want, but sinners do not inherit eternal life, only the Saints do. Sin = death.

James 1
[14] But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
[15] Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dispute the Truth all you want, but sinners do not inherit eternal life, only the Saints do. Sin = death.

James 1
[14] But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
[15] Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death..
Then we are all doomed. Because we all sin daily.
Notice that it is sin when it's finished brings forth death. What does unchecked sin eventually lead to? Unbelief, which results in spiritual death.
Romans chapter 6: For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Jesus Christ our Lord.

Paul spends that whole chapter telling believers not to sin... and conclude with this verse. Thank God we don't receive the wages we deserve.

Reactions: Rita and Nancy

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then we are all doomed. Because we all sin daily.
Notice that it is sin when it's finished brings forth death. What does unchecked sin eventually lead to? Unbelief, which results in spiritual death.
Romans chapter 6: For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Jesus Christ our Lord.

Paul spends that whole chapter telling believers not to sin... and conclude with this verse. Thank God we don't receive the wages we deserve.

Speak for yourself. It's the Saints who go marching in, not sinners. Brother James spells it out: sin = death, not eternal life. For the wage of sin is death. Adam & Eve found out the hard way.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It's a doctrine of men that denies what is written: sin = death.
You just do not have a very good grasp of the finished work of Christ. Once you understand that clearly you will be headed in the right direction.

The real issue is whether you are teachable by the Holy Spirit.

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You just do not have a very good grasp of the finished work of Christ. Once you understand that clearly you will be headed in the right direction.

The real issue is whether you are teachable by the Holy Spirit.

See my handle 07-07-07? Triple 7? Anyone who knows the Holy Scriptures knows the significance of the number 7. On July 7, 2007 (07/07/07), God put an end to sin in my life; it was the miracle of Salvation. Jesus rescued me from eternal death, so I know all about the finished work of Messiah Jesus.

Ephesian 2
[4] But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
[5] Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved; )
[6] And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
[7] That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
[8] For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
[9] Not of works, lest any man should boast.
[10] For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Last edited:

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Speak for yourself. It's the Saints who go marching in, not sinners. Brother James spells it out: sin = death, not eternal life. For the wage of sin is death. Adam & Eve found out the hard way.
So, I assume you NEVER sin? Trouble is, I don't believe you.

Reactions: Nancy

Dave M

Mar 28, 2020
Eastern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If born again believer never sins? why does John say that when we do sin we have a advocate the man Jesus.

1 John 2:1
My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, I assume you NEVER sin? Trouble is, I don't believe you.

Never willfully. Why do you dispute the Scriptures? James spells it out very clearly.

James 1
[15] Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

Trouble is, I don't believe you.

My testimony isn't with you, but with He who saved me.

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If born again believer never sins? why does John say that when we do sin we have a advocate the man Jesus.

1 John 2:1
My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.

John said "IF", but it sounds like you're advocating that sin is inevitable, so why bother resisting? God expects us the resist sin, not resign to it because sin equals death. Secondly, if one surrenders to sin when tempted, who is to say that they will ever find their way back to God. Because once you surrender to temptation, you now belong to satan. Again, it's the Saints who go marching in, not sinners.

1 John 1
[6] If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness [sin], we lie, and do not the truth:
[7] But if we walk in the light [Obedience], as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

Dave M

Mar 28, 2020
Eastern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John said "IF", but it sounds like you're advocating that sin is inevitable, so why bother resisting?

you misunderstood me brother,

I agree 100% we should not sin I hate sin and do advocate it, and the Jesus word teaches if we practice sin as a life style we will not inherit the Kingdom of God,,,

1 John 3:9 No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God's seed abides in him, and he cannot keep on sinning because he has been born of God.

When I was a babe in Christ, I was instantly freed from some sin, but others sins took time much prayer and fasting to be freed from. It was a battle, now later on as I mature into my teenage years of being in Christ, I no longer give into those sins that were once a lifestyle (practicing). So we have to be careful and realize not all are at the same place in there walk.

But if you say you love the Lord and are in sin, and in 10 years you are still in the same sin, well that would be cause for alarm.

John 3:36
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him.

if you truly believe you will want to obey, if you dont obey you dont truly believe. But we are all being sanctified which is a on going process

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you misunderstood me brother,

I agree 100% we should not sin I hate sin and do advocate it, and the Jesus word teaches if we practice sin as a life style we will not inherit the Kingdom of God,,,

1 John 3:9 No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God's seed abides in him, and he cannot keep on sinning because he has been born of God.

When I was a babe in Christ, I was instantly freed from some sin, but others sins took time much prayer and fasting to be freed from. It was a battle, now later on as I mature into my teenage years of being in Christ, I no longer give into those sins that were once a lifestyle (practicing). So we have to be careful and realize not all are at the same place in there walk.

But if you say you love the Lord and are in sin, and in 10 years you are still in the same sin, well that would be cause for alarm.

John 3:36
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him.

if you truly believe you will want to obey, if you dont obey you dont truly believe. But we are all being sanctified which is a on going process

I personally stick with the KJV, as it was written during a time when the world wasn't politically correct so watering the Word down to conform to man's flesh was less likely. Here's an example.

Romans 8
[1] There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Dave M

Mar 28, 2020
Eastern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it is interesting to see the different translations

English Standard Version
No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God’s seed abides in him; and he cannot keep on sinning, because he has been born of God.

King James Bible
Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

American Standard Version
Whosoever is begotten of God doeth no sin, because his seed abideth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is begotten of God.

Douay-Rheims Bible
Whosoever is born of God, commmitteth not sin: for his seed abideth in him, and he can not sin, because he is born of God.

English Revised Version
Whosoever is begotten of God doeth no sin, because his seed abideth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is begotten of God.

Webster's Bible Translation
Whoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Weymouth New Testament
No one who is a child of God is habitually guilty of sin. A God-given germ of life remains in him, and he cannot habitually sin--because he is a child of God.

one thing is certain we should be changed and different from the world when we are born again, an sin should repulse us.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Never willfully. Why do you dispute the Scriptures? James spells it out very clearly.

James 1

My testimony isn't with you, but with He who saved me.
Still don't believe you. Sin is sin, it's all willful. It's just convenient to put it into neat little categories so you can pretend you aren't a sinner.

Reactions: marks

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

James 1
I have a question....is unforgiveness a sin? The Bible says if we don't forgive others...neither shall He forgive us our sins.
So if a person who accepts Christ goes out and sins if he repents is He forgiven?
If God doesn't forgive us then God is sinning based on His own scripture
Can you please explain Mercy and Grace which is new everyday?
Can explain why the Bible tells us to repent daily of our sins?
Can you explain why some things are a sin for some and not others? (I.e. eating pork?

Last edited: