When the Holy Spirit rebukes You

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Last night I asked the Holy Spirit to give me a scripture that I specifically needed.to hear at this time.
Well He said Roman's 6;12....I couldn't remember what it said and when I looked it up I wasn't expecting a rebuke.
Lol, I love Him so much and I know He was showing me this for my own good. I still have issues with gambling...used to think it wasn't a sin...til it became a bondage that caused me much anguish financially. I have not completely managed to quit completely but I am getting there.
Then last night after He had me read that scripture I prayed take the desire away from me. Deliver me from this bondage...well today I have been rejoicing in the Power of Jesus to set me free...
Thank you Holy Spirit for loving me enough to lead me into freedom of those things that so easily beset me.
We should always be thankful when He is dealing with us about things in our lives that are hindering us from walking in the fullness of His blessings.
“Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.”
— Romans 6:12 (KJV)

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Last night I asked the Holy Spirit to give me a scripture that I specifically needed.to hear at this time.
Well He said Roman's 6;12....I couldn't remember what it said and when I looked it up I wasn't expecting a rebuke.
Lol, I love Him so much and I know He was showing me this for my own good. I still have issues with gambling...used to think it wasn't a sin...til it became a bondage that caused me much anguish financially. I have not completely managed to quit completely but I am getting there.
Then last night after He had me read that scripture I prayed take the desire away from me. Deliver me from this bondage...well today I have been rejoicing in the Power of Jesus to set me free...
Thank you Holy Spirit for loving me enough to lead me into freedom of those things that so easily beset me.
We should always be thankful when He is dealing with us about things in our lives that are hindering us from walking in the fullness of His blessings.
“Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.”
— Romans 6:12 (KJV)

Hebrews 12:5-10.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is what I summize based on my own experiences, God has been working on me since March and I have heard the same from various people with a prophetic gifting.

Amazing. I've been getting torched; the last two months especially. Things I've been bound to for nearly 35 years are finally being burned away.

Hurts like Hell some of the things I've been going through, but it is working His will in my life.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amazing. I've been getting torched; the last two months especially. Things I've been bound to for nearly 35 years are finally being burned away.

Hurts like Hell some of the things I've been going through, but it is working His will in my life.
I was sharing with my cousin who is an evangelist and is doing missionary work in Malawi and she said He has been rebuking her as well!.
I guess lforrest is spot on! A season of repentance....hallelujah that we are able to heed His chastisement!

Reactions: marks

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was sharing with my cousin who is an evangelist and is doing missionary work in Malawi and she said He has been rebuking her as well!.

I guess lforrest is spot on! A season of repentance....

This is the first time I am hearing this.

Glad it's not just me, cuz this is awful. Misery is glad to hear he's apparently got some company, lol.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Addressing the OP. good topic, but may I say this. instead of a rebuke, maybe it's a confirmation that you're still his child.... for the term "LET" not sin, LET is an act of the WILL. and if what you testified to is true, then it's a confidence boosters to cvercome even more. because you know God reaps where he has not sowed.... (smile). so I see your "rebuke", instead as a confidence boosters to overcome even more. now Romans 6 is a confidence boosters to all of his children. just read those few verses before your verse. Romans 6:6 "Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin." (see the apostle said "knowing this, meaning you don't have to go and find this, he's is telling it to you).
Romans 6:7 "For he that is dead is freed from sin."
Romans 6:8 "Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:"
Romans 6:9 "Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him."
Romans 6:10 "For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God."
Romans 6:11 "Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord."

God gives us the billion dollar answer to overcome our sin in our lives, "ACT LIKE YOU ARE DEAD TO SIN, BUT ALIVE TO HIM. to me it's saying that you're "ALIVE" in him but the time for the old man to act like you're/he's dead to the things of this world that may cause us to sin. Now, H2S read the rest of this confidence boosting scriptures. Romans 6:13 "Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God."
see, don't go where you used to go to gamble. as to old folk use to say I don't go where I used to go, nor do the things I use to do.

but YIELD yourself unto God. other words stay in the Word, and studying the word is not borning. invent new ways to study. the best way to "NOT" sin is keep your mind occupied on the things of God. because "LET" is a choice.

the way I know it's a confidence boosters, because you asked. remember what I always say? ye have not because ye "ASK" not. have a little talk with our Father, it'll go a long way. "LET" him guide our path.

be blessed.

PICJAG.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Verse 6 says, "For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, And scourgeth every son whom he receiveth." We should be afraid if we are never disciplined by the Holy Spirit because God disciplines all of His children!

Verse 12 from Hebrews 12 (that you quoted) says, "All discipline for the moment seems not to be joyful, but sorrowful; yet to those who have been trained by it, afterwards it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness.

And where have I heard that last phrase before : ) It's like this passage keeps crawling out of the woodwork lately. And likely because the Lord is preparing us for a greater work, which will involve being conformed ever more increasingly to His perfect will in obedience:
The Peaceable Fruit of Righteousness

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Addressing the OP. good topic, but may I say this. instead of a rebuke, maybe it's a confirmation that you're still his child.... for the term "LET" not sin, LET is an act of the WILL. and if what you testified to is true, then it's a confidence boosters to cvercome even more. because you know God reaps where he has not sowed.... (smile). so I see your "rebuke", instead as a confidence boosters to overcome even more. now Romans 6 is a confidence boosters to all of his children. just read those few verses before your verse. Romans 6:6 "Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin." (see the apostle said "knowing this, meaning you don't have to go and find this, he's is telling it to you).
Romans 6:7 "For he that is dead is freed from sin."
Romans 6:8 "Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:"
Romans 6:9 "Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him."
Romans 6:10 "For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God."
Romans 6:11 "Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord."

God gives us the billion dollar answer to overcome our sin in our lives, "ACT LIKE YOU ARE DEAD TO SIN, BUT ALIVE TO HIM. to me it's saying that you're "ALIVE" in him but the time for the old man to act like you're/he's dead to the things of this world that may cause us to sin. Now, H2S read the rest of this confidence boosting scriptures. Romans 6:13 "Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God."
see, don't go where you used to go to gamble. as to old folk use to say I don't go where I used to go, nor do the things I use to do.

but YIELD yourself unto God. other words stay in the Word, and studying the word is not borning. invent new ways to study. the best way to "NOT" sin is keep your mind occupied on the things of God. because "LET" is a choice.

the way I know it's a confidence boosters, because you asked. remember what I always say? ye have not because ye "ASK" not. have a little talk with our Father, it'll go a long way. "LET" him guide our path.

be blessed.

PICJAG.
I guess I am seeing it through my carnal mind...and maybe a dose of guilt and shame.:oops:...but I do like the flip side of it that you have presented! That is more like the Holy Spirit...He is always gentle.:)

Reactions: marks

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And where have I heard that last phrase before : ) It's like this passage keeps crawling out of the woodwork lately. And likely because the Lord is preparing us for a greater work, which will involve being conformed ever more increasingly to His perfect will in obedience:
The Peaceable Fruit of Righteousness
My family went through some pretty rough patches for 10 years or so. I almost died, we lost our home and were betrayed by extended family. I lost both of my parents and my husband. Longtime Christian friends betrayed us.....And that's not all. I don't mean to discourage you. You probably don't need 10 years worth! But I've known all along that God was doing a work in us preparing us for His use....

Many times I have lost sight of His hand. My faith has been challenged like nobody's business, but God's grace has gotten me through. When I almost died, the Holy Spirit told me that God's grace is His saving and sustaining power. We are saved by His saving power, and we are sustained by His power, not our own power. I can testify to His love and goodness and faithfulness through it all!

Last edited:

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My family went through some pretty rough patches for 10 years or so. I almost died, we lost our home and were betrayed by extended family. I lost both of my parents and my husband. Longtime Christian friends betrayed us.....And that's not all. I don't mean to discourage you. You probably don't need 10 years worth!

No, I wouldn't need 10 years of that, thank you : )
Many times I have lost sight of His hand. My faith has been challenged like nobody's business, but God's grace has gotten me through. When I almost died, the Holy Spirit told me that God's grace is His saving and sustaining power. We are saved by His saving power, and we are sustained by His power, not our own power. I can testify to His love and and goodness faithfulness through it all!

All I can say is that you should be proud of what He has created in you, and what you are today. There are number of Christians on this forum I am proud to know; some that still need some work, and some that need plenty. But you are one of the ones who blesses me on a regular basis, and there's something to be said for that : )

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But you are one of the ones who blesses me on a regular basis, and there's something to be said for that : )
Hey, you're going to make me cry, lol! It's true that His handiwork can be seen in me when I'm yielded to the Holy Spirit. At one point in our journey, my family and I felt like we were being scooped out with something like a spiritual melon baller. Have you ever used one? It tears through the flesh of a melon and makes little bite-size balls. Ouch!! I know that God has a ministry for me, and I've been chomping at the bit to get to it. I'm not known for patience. :( So...I would appreciate your prayers about this--that I will allow God to continue to prepare me and use me in the meantime....

BTW, He has used you in my life as well....:)

Last edited:
R

Rita

Interesting thread - I have been ‘ going through ‘ some soul searching with things as well. A season of repentance , never heard of that before , but it’s interesting that others are also wading through things xx
Rita xx