When we are in trouble

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

arunangelo

Aug 22, 2009
Omaha
surrendersacrifice.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When we are in trouble
When the storms of earthly misfortunes destroy our stability and security, and there is no one to help us, we feel very alone and helpless. Even our prayers and meditations seem to become sterile and fruitless. Our cries seem like, they go unheard and our faith begins to crumble. Even our friends begin to say, “Why doesn’t God help him”. However, this is the time when our heart can find victory in God; because, this is the time when we are most likely to become humble and surrender our will to him. This allows us to accept God’s help; and turn our life around. We should, therefore, seize this opportunity by surrendering our will totally to God. This means that we are open to whatever God asks of us; and at all time live for God, by focusing our attention on the needs of others, rather than our own. Furthermore, we must keep this resolve alive in our heart by constantly meditating on God's love for us. We must accept the fact that, if the world and everyone in it fails us, God will never fail us; because in his infinite love, he sacrificed his life for us.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
When we are in trouble
When the storms of earthly misfortunes destroy our stability and security, and there is no one to help us, we feel very alone and helpless. Even our prayers and meditations seem to become sterile and fruitless. Our cries seem like, they go unheard and our faith begins to crumble. Even our friends begin to say, “Why doesn’t God help him”.
However, this is the time when our heart can find victory in God; because, this is the time when we are most likely to become humble and surrender our will to him. This allows us to accept God’s help; and turn our life around. We should, therefore, seize this opportunity by surrendering our will totally to God. This means that we are open to whatever God asks of us; and at all time live for God, by focusing our attention on the needs of others, rather than our own. Furthermore, we must keep this resolve alive in our heart by constantly meditating on God's love for us. We must accept the fact that, if the world and everyone in it fails us, God will never fail us; because in his infinite love, he sacrificed his life for us.

Yes, He promised to never leaves or forsakes us and will be with us until the end.
Even when we can't feel Him, He is there. Faith.

When we feel like He is not there, or not listening, ...it is usually us who moved away, never Him. ✟

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
When we are in trouble
'footsteps in the sand' platitudes, are as much use as used toilet paper when one has a cold.

When life kicks you in the teeth, when one is paralyzed with fear and worry it takes an effort to do anything practical and the last thing one wants or needs is some idiot saying just trust God.

How does one do trust God when you are watching a loved one in intensive care, or your job has suddenly ended and you do not know whether your pay will arrive?

The reality is that one has to moment by moment, hour by hour deliberately decide to trust God. It is an act of will and does not come naturally.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It is natural that throughout our lives each one of us will experience changes in our everyday moods, and just as there are distinct seasons in nature so there are also different seasons of the soul.

There are those lovely ‘summer’ days when we feel completely and inexplicably happy and alive; when all is well with the world and we are strong and vital, and there are the ‘autumnal’ days of mellow contentment and fruitfulness; of satisfaction and completeness,

The ‘spring’ days bring with them deep joy and a feeling of hope and expectation while the bitter-sweet days of ‘winter’ are days of quiet solitude, contemplation and rest; when we may feel naturally sad for no apparent reason.

All these different moods are necessary for our well-being and we should learn to embrace them all and let each emotion bring its own richness and variety to our lives. As we get older and more mature and are growing closer to God we may become more aware of these seasonal changes and look for the rich blessings in each.

God our Father is the one who has designed us to benefit from these changes in our emotions, giving us times of sunshine and of rain; of growth and rest; of cutting back and pruning. His is the hand who leads and guides us through these seasons of the soul, planting, nurturing, harvesting and resting our souls for his own purposes.

Let us learn to recognize these changes and accept them as easily as we accept the changes which occur in the natural world, and submit to them as part of the heavenly gardener’s plan for our own spiritual growth and the increased growth of his kingdom.

Pathfinder7

Mar 8, 2020
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When we are in trouble
When the storms of earthly misfortunes destroy our stability and security, and there is no one to help us, we feel very alone and helpless. Even our prayers and meditations seem to become sterile and fruitless. Our cries seem like, they go unheard and our faith begins to crumble. Even our friends begin to say, “Why doesn’t God help him”. However, this is the time when our heart can find victory in God; because, this is the time when we are most likely to become humble and surrender our will to him. This allows us to accept God’s help; and turn our life around. We should, therefore, seize this opportunity by surrendering our will totally to God. This means that we are open to whatever God asks of us; and at all time live for God, by focusing our attention on the needs of others, rather than our own. Furthermore, we must keep this resolve alive in our heart by constantly meditating on God's love for us. We must accept the fact that, if the world and everyone in it fails us, God will never fail us; because in his infinite love, he sacrificed his life for us.
Good point / post.
- Timely needed..'Words of Encouragement.'

Blessings,

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most 'idiots' say do not trust God. Trust yourself, trust your job, trust you government, anything but and instead of trust God.

God says whoever trusts Jesus has life. Whoever does not , has not life.

Everyone chooses .... who to trust. Who to serve.

God's Provision is Perfect. He Says So (not a platitude). King David, noted: I once was young, and now am old, and never have I seen God forsake the righteous. This is still truth today, as God Says. (not man's twists and turns and heresies, wherever) ....

Meditate on what ? What does God say ? (not on His love) (surprised? ) don't be. Very common mistake, worldwide.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have discovered over the years that if you are in the 'spring', 'summer' or 'autumn' seasons of the soul you are quite content but when you are going through 'winter' it is more difficult and you long for it to be over and back to 'spring' again.

Of course it is just like this during a real winter, especially during harsh ones like those we’ve had over the last couple of years. We long for new growth and the warmth of spring sunshine on our faces; to be able to cast off all those bulky garments and be free and light, but we get through by making changes to our living arrangements and it can be quite pleasant. We turn the heat up, pull the curtains and switch the lights on wrap up warm and eat different sorts of foods. We all have our own ways of getting through the cold days of winter.

And as in the natural, so in the supernatural; we must make adjustments.

Without the winter dormancy the trees wouldn’t be able to bring forth that fresh new growth that cheers us all so much; we wouldn’t appreciate the warmth of the sun with having experienced the freezing conditions of a bleak winter.

The best thing to do during the ‘winter’ season of the soul is to do what God told me when I was in a very ‘cold’ place a couple of years ago, “Just be and let me”.

I listened to him, obeyed him, stopped worrying about it, and soon the ‘sun’ came out again.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, He promised to never leaves or forsakes us and will be with us until the end.
Even when we can't feel Him, He is there. Faith.

When we feel like He is not there, or not listening, ...it is usually us who moved away, never Him. ✟

"it is usually us who moved away, never Him."
Oh how this proved true to myself Helen. It is what brought me back into His fold

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When we are in trouble

How comforting to KNOW that He is our ROCK who never, ever changes. He does what He say's He will do. We need only to submit all of us to Him and, how selfless is our God...submitting all to Him is for OUR own good! And of course, ultimately His.

"focusing our attention on the needs of others, rather than our own."
Can you imagine if all people lived this out? "Seek ye first..." There would be no "need" for a thing. I see this as: "On Earth as it is in Heaven" One day...
Loved the post, ty.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How comforting to KNOW that He is our ROCK who never, ever changes. He does what He say's He will do. We need only to submit all of us to Him and, how selfless is our God...submitting all to Him is for OUR own good! And of course, ultimately His.

"focusing our attention on the needs of others, rather than our own."
Can you imagine if all people lived this out? "Seek ye first..." There would be no "need" for a thing. I see this as: "On Earth as it is in Heaven" One day...
Loved the post, ty.
Spoken like a true child of the King, it's in you, just time to bring it out. .... :)

PICJAG.

Reactions: Nancy

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
'footsteps in the sand' platitudes, are as much use as used toilet paper when one has a cold.

When life kicks you in the teeth, when one is paralyzed with fear and worry it takes an effort to do anything practical and the last thing one wants or needs is some idiot saying just trust God.

How does one do trust God when you are watching a loved one in intensive care, or your job has suddenly ended and you do not know whether your pay will arrive?

The reality is that one has to moment by moment, hour by hour deliberately decide to trust God. It is an act of will and does not come naturally.

Still have my footprints in the sand "foot" magnet my mum sent me, God obviously knew I needed it, for I needed it when I faced my storm and time in the desert.

Reactions: Helen and Rita

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, a lot of women here on the forum are full of wisdom, and also the word of God.

keep up the good work.

PICJAG.

Oh I have a very loooong way to go (As all of us do to a point) for sure! But, thanks for the vote of confidence :)

Reactions: Helen

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have discovered over the years that if you are in the 'spring', 'summer' or 'autumn' seasons of the soul you are quite content but when you are going through 'winter' it is more difficult and you long for it to be over and back to 'spring' again.

Of course it is just like this during a real winter, especially during harsh ones like those we’ve had over the last couple of years. We long for new growth and the warmth of spring sunshine on our faces; to be able to cast off all those bulky garments and be free and light, but we get through by making changes to our living arrangements and it can be quite pleasant. We turn the heat up, pull the curtains and switch the lights on wrap up warm and eat different sorts of foods. We all have our own ways of getting through the cold days of winter.

And as in the natural, so in the supernatural; we must make adjustments.

Without the winter dormancy the trees wouldn’t be able to bring forth that fresh new growth that cheers us all so much; we wouldn’t appreciate the warmth of the sun with having experienced the freezing conditions of a bleak winter.

The best thing to do during the ‘winter’ season of the soul is to do what God told me when I was in a very ‘cold’ place a couple of years ago, “Just be and let me”.

I listened to him, obeyed him, stopped worrying about it, and soon the ‘sun’ came out again.

That's beautiful Pat!
You are a writer ma'am! I like the analogy of the seasons (spiritual and physical) If we did not have some rain, we would appreciate the sunshine less I think. If we didn't have tribulation, how would we learn and grow. We (some) complain of the rainy days but...sure would miss them if you were in a drought!
He uses all things to the good of us who love Him.
Good Post!
xo

Reactions: Pearl