~When we pray ~

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
By Martin Luther

"You must always speak the Amen firmly.
Never doubt that God in His mercy will surely hear you and say "yes" to your prayers.
Do not leave your prayer without thinking 'very well, God has heard my prayer; this I know as a certainty and a truth'.
That is what AMEN means
."
From a letter by Martin Luther
=================
Not sure that I can say amen to every crossed T and ever dotted "i" ...but I like the essence of it.
I believe that in prayer we firstly affirm all that God has said and all that He is.....not that He needs it, but we do!!
I affirm that God is always the Answer. May not always be the answer that I want, but it will always be the answer that I 'need'...and something that will bring me one step closer to the heavenly goal.
One of the greatest prayers that we can pray is..."GOD IS..."
That in itself drives the cobwebs away...and moves us into a receiving position .. :)

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
By Martin Luther

"You must always speak the Amen firmly.
Never doubt that God in His mercy will surely hear you and say "yes" to your prayers.
Do not leave your prayer without thinking 'very well, God has heard my prayer; this I know as a certainty and a truth'.
That is what AMEN means
."
From a letter by Martin Luther
=================
Not sure that I can say amen to every crossed T and ever dotted "i" ...but I like the essence of it.
I believe that in prayer we firstly affirm all that God has said and all that He is.....not that He needs it, but we do!!
I affirm that God is always the Answer. May not always be the answer that I want, but it will always be the answer that I 'need'...and something that will bring me one step closer to the heavenly goal.
One of the greatest prayers that we can pray is..."GOD IS..."
That in itself drives the cobwebs away...and moves us into a receiving position .. :)
And that and that alone get the sick healed and the dead raised, and the demons cast out. Its not even in His name, Its more to do with knowing who you are in Him.

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Quote Sword:- <
And that and that alone get the sick healed and the dead raised, and the demons cast out. Its not even in His name, Its more to do with knowing who you are in Him. >

Yes indeed , totally agree...so simple, yet some seem to make it so complicated.

Reactions: Sword

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I went tonight to pray for a boy who is in a coma. I have been praying for him for about two years now. I used to play football with him right up until the week he got hit by a car. I kinda felt for some reason that tonight was going to be the night were he would get up and be healed. He never got up in front of me when I was there. But I am still expectant for him getting up. My daughter has had 10 different dreams about him getting up and praising God. I had at least three other people who dont even know him come to me and say I had a dream about that boy. So if Jesus was there for one vist he would be free. I know hwy hes not up lack of faith on my part. Nothing else. I do not take that bad as I know I am growing up into Him in all things. I am not condemad as there is no condemnation in Him. I keep going and I keep seeking Gods face on the matter. I was kinda angry coming home and trying to suppress it. That wont get him up either. angry at God wont get him up. Faith and faith only moves the moutian. I have seen many mountians moves in the last four years. I seen no mountian move in the previous 21 years in traditional church. So I will continue to pray for him and seek Fathers guidance in this situation untill he is up and free. If I was to say well God might not heal him or I am hurt my friends not getting healed. I would have let him down and myself and God. I will not surrender in this matter. I know its Gods will to heal him. Dont believe me? read the Lords prayer its in there for all to see. I will never back down I know God word and I know Gods will and I will tell you right now my friend will be totally and complety healed. In Jesus name. Amen. So there are many who turned away because they never saw what they wanted to see.
We dont have that luxury or right, but we do it anyway. I beleive all the positive verses in the scripture telling me to ask and it will be given seek and you will find knock and it will be opened unto you. I believe believers will lay hands on the sick and the will recover. So I continue in Him. Until that mountian moves and god get what Jesus paid for. Amen.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Sorry, I somehow missed you post here...I have only just read it. It does seem as if the enemy pushed back very heavily against healing being manifest in the earth. He hates it. I have no idea why back in the 40-60's it flowed through the "Old Generals" of faith. ( John G Lake, Wigglesworth, Bosworth, and others) It was not so bad in the 70's, but then it seemed to lose it's power . It seems the less we see healing happen the less we expect it. So I can only presume that satan is hitting those who believe that healing is for today..so that the church looks impotent. New believers don't even expect it! I am only guessing at all this. 'Faith comes by hearing.....'...and if no one is hearing the victories of healing, faith does not build up in the Body of Christ.
=====
Quote:-
Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation (Matthew 26:41).
by ~Frederick W. Robertson~
"Go not, my friend, into the dangerous world without prayer. You kneel down at night to pray, drowsiness weighs down your eyelids; a hard day’s work is a kind of excuse, and you shorten your prayer, and resign yourself softly to repose. The morning breaks; and it may be you rise late, and so your early devotions are not done, or are done with irregular haste.

No watching unto prayer! Wakefulness once more omitted; and now is that reparable?

We solemnly believe not.

There has been that done which cannot be undone. You have given up your prayer, and you will suffer for it.

Temptation is before you, and you are not ready to meet it. There is a guilty feeling on the soul, and you linger at a distance from God. It is no marvel if that day in which you suffer drowsiness to interfere with prayer be a day in which you shrink from duty.

Moments of prayer intruded on by sloth cannot be made up. We may get experience, but we cannot get back the rich freshness and strength which were wrapped up in those moments."
~Frederick W. Robertson~

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
'Faith comes by hearing.....'...and if no one is hearing the victories of healing, faith does not build up in the Body of Christ.
So I come in here and tell of victories in healing and two people flat out called me a liar. Its easy to see how satan has stolen the truth. He used Christians and they use human reasoning. John G Lake has 100.0000 documented healings Curry Blake who now runs John G Lake Minitires has many many more healing through the net wiork He now set up. The boy in a coma I am praying for. I contacted JGLM and they sent two woamn to pray for the boy when he was in the states where the accident happened.

eldios

May 20, 2017
California
Faith
Country
United States
So I come in here and tell of victories in healing and two people flat out called me a liar. Its easy to see how satan has stolen the truth. He used Christians and they use human reasoning. John G Lake has 100.0000 documented healings Curry Blake who now runs John G Lake Minitires has many many more healing through the net wiork He now set up. The boy in a coma I am praying for. I contacted JGLM and they sent two woamn to pray for the boy when he was in the states where the accident happened.

All healings are from our Creator but if you don't listen to His voice and obey His commandments, you will perish without knowing what eternal life is.

Matthew 7
21: "Not every one who says to me, `Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
22: On that day many will say to me, `Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?'
23: And then will I declare to them, `I never knew you; depart from me, you evildoers.'

All the inhabitants who believe they are people made out of material things will perish without ever learning what the Truth is and how they were created as men in the image of God.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We can but 'continue' on in prayer for the coma boy and for other healings to manifest... we push back against the enemy blocks in the road. A while back my husband and I 'took hold' of one part of the Mark 16 verses.. ..( you know how sometimes just 'one little thing jumps out and becomes "alive")
17 "And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; 18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover."
...after that..we pray..and then declare RECOVERY and thank the Lord for recovery long before we see anything. Sometimes I'd say to him:- " So, how are your recovering knees?"
I know we all much prefer instant healing...but these last two years we have seen more healing via the claim of recovery and just continuing and continuing, to place healing layer over healing layer, of prayer.. ...the prayer of importunity.
Blessings H

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Father I pray blessings on this request and that we may see the gift of healing arise again in this last day in Jesus name I pray. Also taking these needs before God in prayer on the bbnradio.org Family Altar program... BBN Program Schedule