when will the two witnesses appear and WHO ARE THEY

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Holy999,
Good to see you posting now and again.
I think the two witnesses are Moses and Elijah, the two that met Jesus during his transfiguration.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t subscribe to the Moses an Elijah theory. Mostly because he didn’t name them. I think they will be two believers, two people that God empowers to do the work.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t subscribe to the Moses an Elijah theory. Mostly because he didn’t name them. I think they will be two believers, two people that God empowers to do the work.
You could be right, of course.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only two people have been taken to heaven without dying, Enoch and Elijah.

Since we can only die once and they die mid trib, it cannot be Moses.

Reactions: FHII

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Two Witnesses of Revelation 11
Fire came out of them ..it was the Word of the Lord
They wore cheap clothing ..it was in reference to the people spreading The Word during persecutions
1260 years is how long the Witnesses Testified
The Two Witnesses are the Old and New Testament

Dead in the streets ..is cities/towns that have given up on the Bible.

"Whatever they do and whatever happens to them, they are inseparable. But in addition to their common action and destiny, the text furnishes another interesting and important detail. Nouns that are employed in connection with the two witnesses oftentimes come in the singular instead of the plural. This change from plural to singular emphasizes that the two witnesses always go together."
  • "Whereas in 9:18, 20 fire comes out of the mouths—plural—of the strange horses, in 11:5 fire comes out of the mouth—singular—of the two witnesses. Although there are two witnesses, they have only one mouth."

• "Although they are two, they have one prophecy (11:6) and one testimony/witness (11:7)."

• "The word “corpse/body” is found three times in 11:3–13. Their body—singular—lies in the street of the great city (11:8). People see their body—singular—three and a half days (11:9), and their bodies—plural—are not buried (11:9)."
"Judgment seems to play a crucial part of the ministry of the two witnesses. Fire from the mouth of the witnesses that devours and kills enemies, lack of rain, turning the waters into blood, and bringing about all kinds of plagues is strong language."

"Judgment continues even after the resurrection of the witnesses."

"The plagues also have the effect of ‘tormenting’ the minds of unbelievers by reminding them of their hopeless spiritual plight, which results in forms of depression. The narratives of the first six trumpets and of the witnesses both conclude with a specific percentage of unbelievers being killed"

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They wore cheap clothing ..it was in reference to the people spreading The Word during persecutions

"

You are correct the two witnesses are the Old and the New Testaments, for 1260 years they prophesied in sackcloth (that is they were cloth in sackcloth, a.k.a. the dead languages, Latin). These are the two olive trees and the two lamp-stands (light bearers) another reference to the Old and the New Testaments.

They are also referred to as "the two anointed ones" in Zechariah's vision fond in Zech 4:1-14

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"Whatever they do and whatever happens to them, they are inseparable. But in addition to their common action and destiny, the text furnishes another interesting and important detail. Nouns that are employed in connection with the two witnesses oftentimes come in the singular instead of the plural. This change from plural to singular emphasizes that the two witnesses always go together."
  • "Whereas in 9:18, 20 fire comes out of the mouths—plural—of the strange horses, in 11:5 fire comes out of the mouth—singular—of the two witnesses. Although there are two witnesses, they have only one mouth."

• "Although they are two, they have one prophecy (11:6) and one testimony/witness (11:7)."

• "The word “corpse/body” is found three times in 11:3–13. Their body—singular—lies in the street of the great city (11:8). People see their body—singular—three and a half days (11:9), and their bodies—plural—are not buried (11:9)."
"Judgment seems to play a crucial part of the ministry of the two witnesses. Fire from the mouth of the witnesses that devours and kills enemies, lack of rain, turning the waters into blood, and bringing about all kinds of plagues is strong language."

"Judgment continues even after the resurrection of the witnesses."

"The plagues also have the effect of ‘tormenting’ the minds of unbelievers by reminding them of their hopeless spiritual plight, which results in forms of depression. The narratives of the first six trumpets and of the witnesses both conclude with a specific percentage of unbelievers being killed"

Wow, maybe your right. Isn’t the two witnesses called the olive trees and lamp stands? I think those represented the church and the Jews in another book. Maybe Zechariah?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 4:5 KJV
[5] And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isaiah 55:3-4 KJV
[3] Incline your ear, and come unto me: hear, and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, even the sure mercies of David. [4] Behold, I have given him for a witness to the people, a leader and commander to the people.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 5:32 KJV
[32] And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Book of Revelation 11:7
And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.

If the testimony ended with the Bible Canon ..all this already happened.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Book of Revelation 11:7
And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.

If the testimony ended with the Bible Canon ..all this already happened.
The two witnesses don't appear until after the Holy Spirit has been removed from the earth....that's how I understand it anyway.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We've had at least three of the two witnesses on here before.
:cool: I tried to disguise myself....but how can ya not recognize one of two witnesses when your light shines so brilliantly that you have to wear sunglasses to look upon is.:D:D

Reactions: lforrest