When you are in Heaven, the Power of the Presence of God is so Great, all you can do is be in Awe (selah)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi there!

So there is a mystery as to what we become, in Heaven. The Bible says "we shall all be changed". Part of that change: is Awe. When we learn to identify with the Lord on the Cross, we come to be in Awe of Him at the Resurrection. This plays out in our lives, we extol the Lord, try to tell other people about Him, all the while trying to work out what has changed. We are in the constant grip of inspiration. The thing is, when we reach Heaven, that inspiration comes to be constant. All we can do, is be in Awe of God.

Why don't we change, what we have become - why do we wish to be known for our Awe? The flesh profits nothing, it is the Spirit that gives life. When we are in Awe in Heaven, the Holy Spirit brings our Awe to life! What He does with it is captivating. The Spirit of God, makes all of it make sense. We cannot deny a moment of Awe, it consumes our being. In time we are instructed, how to cause that Awe to grow, and being saved, we obediently set about increasing the power of our Awe, our Captivation. We grow obedient to the overwhelming Power of God.

And what is the Power grounded on? The self-same Cross, that made us aware of the path to Heaven. This is the commitment, that all serve the Awe that brings Man to God and a knowledge of His Power and the meaning of His Power. His Power is to save, but when we are finally in Awe of that Salvation, we are too late to want to change it at all. As the saying goes "if I had the power of God, there are many things I would change, but if I had the Wisdom of God, I wouldn't change a thing". The Power of God comes to be all we could ever discern or think or trust, the Awe of it fills our being and brings us such Love as cannot be properly (or lawfully) expressed on Earth.

I hope you have a sense of Awe, growing in you - we ought to stir up our spirit to welcome this Awe.

God bless.

Reactions: 1stCenturyLady

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree in our immortal glory we will experience Awe. I just think it is much more than that. We need not describe what it is to be sinless--we are still sinners while we live in these mortal bodies. But contemplating what it is like has value because we then pursue that goal, as Paul did, to reach the full stature of Christ, or full maturity in him.

To want to constantly live in the character of Christ is our present goal. And to contemplate having that is a vanity unless we simply enjoy where we have arrived. To look at how far we have yet to go may be discouraging. To look at how far we've come is encouraging and to be thankful. But I join you in your wish to experience the full "Awe!" :)

Please allow me to add just this, by way of example. If someone gives you a very large gift, you may be filled with "awe." But the awe is just a prelude to your actually receiving the gift, and enjoying the gift for what it is.

When we achieve our immortal glory, we will initially be filled with awe, and may even experience that awe on an on-going basis. But we will have new sinless bodies, along with eternal joy. And we will have new eternally-fulfilling tasks, as we bring joy to the Lord in our obedience and service. But that remains for the future...

Reactions: Gottservant