WHERE ARE ALL THE PROTESTANT PEDOPHILES?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some of our papist friends argue most passionately that the problem of faith-leader child sexual abuse is "far worse" among Protestants churches than among the RCC. I and others maintain that although there are isolated cases of abuse among the billion Protestants that make up non-Catholic Christianity, the RCC has been exposed as an institution whose leadership has for decades systematically engaged in deliberate enabling, covering up, and protecting pedophile priests, cardinals, and others in Catholic leadership - with skill and precision such that if Faith-Leader Child Sexual abuse were an Olympic event, the RCC would win every single medal offered by the Olympic committee while the Protestant churches would fail miserably in qualifying.

Isolated cases versus global, leadership-sanctioned, systematic enabling of abuse...even a blind man can see the difference...will we continue to be blind to the suffering of those innocent children?

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's clear you are not familiar with what protestant denominations
were doing while running the North American residential school system.
I'm FULLY aware of that. What's your point?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Some of our papist friends argue most passionately that the problem of faith-leader child sexual abuse is "far worse" among Protestants churches than among the RCC. I and others maintain that although there are isolated cases of abuse among the billion Protestants that make up non-Catholic Christianity, the RCC has been exposed as an institution whose leadership has for decades systematically engaged in deliberate enabling, covering up, and protecting pedophile priests, cardinals, and others in Catholic leadership - with skill and precision such that if Faith-Leader Child Sexual abuse were an Olympic event, the RCC would win every single medal offered by the Olympic committee while the Protestant churches would fail miserably in qualifying.

Isolated cases versus global, leadership-sanctioned, systematic enabling of abuse...even a blind man can see the difference...will we continue to be blind to the suffering of those innocent children?

The Protestant Pedophiles are buried within almost every single family...
My uncle for one...got to my brothers and all my male cousins.

Then my older brother was "got at" by his Sunday school teacher at the Brethren Church we went to.

Pedophiles do not care about crossing denominational lines...they just ARE!!!

We Protestants have our fair share of boy scout leaders and youth leader in their churches who take advantage of the children in their care...
Just arguing about who is worst does nothing at all.

Let the Church who is without sin cast the first stone.

Last edited:

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Unfortunately, I think you will find that it is the imposing of Legalism and regulation in almost any fundamentalistically restrictive religion that brings out much of this deviant sexual behavior. And that truly knows no denominational bounds.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...and who cares about who or what is "worst" ...it is the children that matter , not a pi**ing contest between Churches.
It doesn't help the kids one bit.
This is something I have been preaching since the mid-eighties...….. and still, almost no one wants to hear it. (In 24 years, only 5 people in St. Petersburg joined me in my efforts.)

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If you bothered to do your homework - the answer is simple: There is NO MONEY in it.

Protestant author Philip Jenkins DID do his homework and lays out all of the statistics in his book, "Pedophiles and Priests". He shows that the lawyers simply won't go after the smaller fish because there are too many and they have no money. Many of those churches are not insured, so there is no big pay day for the lawyers.

Instead, they go after the BIGGEST fish - the Catholic Church because of its perceived wealth. Besides - all Catholic parishes ARE insured, which makes the lawyers salivate. Why do you think they aren't going after all of the pedophile teachers?

As for the over all issue - you're living in denial if you believe that this is only a "Catholic" problem . . .

Evangelical Sex Abuse Record ‘Worse’ Than Catholic, Says Billy Graham’s Grandson

Protestant Churches Grapple With Growing Sexual Abuse Crisis : NPR

Protestants can no longer dismiss abuse as a ‘Catholic problem’

Child Sex Abuse More Prevalent Among Protestants Than Among Catholics

There Is More Sexual Abuse In The Protestant Churches Than Catholic

Catholic priests no guiltier of sex abuse than other clergy

Data Shed Light on Child Sexual Abuse by Protestant Clergy

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Not true..all walks of life are guilty.
There is no need to minimize the criminality of this gang (of thousands across the world) and speak about the sins of others.

The priests and bishops of the Catholic Church are an entity unto themselves -- a *brotherhood of sex offenders* -- who have gotten away with their evil deeds for centuries, while dressed in clerical garb. Even Erasmus in the 16th century spoke out against the blatant sexual sins of the Catholic clergy.

The RCC has a *Predatory Mafia* within, and their victims are innocents led to believe that these men are their spiritual leaders. That's a very serious matter about egregious sins. So what is needed now (but will never happen) is the TOTAL DISMANTLING of this criminal enterprise.

Here is a South African Catholic cardinal condemning homosexuality among predator priests, but not really offering a solution.

African Cardinal: Homosexual Activity ‘Rocking the Catholic Church to its Roots’

https://www.breitbart.com/national-...ity-rocking-the-catholic-church-to-its-roots/

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think that the post by @BreadOfLife says it all.
The Catholic Church just makes for better Hype, Headlines, and "News."

This is just another dead horse that has been flogged to death on every Christian website!! It makes Satan very happy when we have a zillion posts all about this kind of stuff , rather than building ourselves up in our most holy faith, and talking about the things of God and His Kingdom....as His followers did on the road to Emmaus...it was then when "Jesus drew near to them " ..and expounded living truth to them...rather than a dead-whipping-horse...

Now ask me how I really feel.... :)

Last edited:

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you bothered to do your homework - the answer is simple: There is NO MONEY in it.
The only problem with your "no money in it" argument is that the court dockets, jails, and prisons are filled with criminals who can't even afford a lawyer - police arrest, courts try, and detention centers house criminals, no matter their financial status.

The obvious reason why there are so few Protestant faith-leader sexual abuse cases reported is that it's not much of a problem in Protestantism to being with...unlike the non-stop reports of child sexual abuse in catholicism.

Regarding Protestant faith leader child sex abuse, where are the news reports? Where is the evidence? Where are the convictions?

You're the one claiming the problem is worse among Protestantism, so please, let's see the news reports.

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Northern British Columbia, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Regarding Protestant faith leader child sex abuse, where are the news reports? Where is the evidence? Where are the convictions?

Give your head a shake.
There's lots.
If you care to check out the residential school history in North America, you will find lots of horror stories.
Crimes committed by Anglicans, Presbeterians and more.
Pull your head out of the sand 777.

Here's a news report you were looking for and could not find.
Took me 20 seconds to google:

http://www.bishop-accountability.or...07_02_AmericanAgainsttheTeaPartyi_These24.htm

Reactions: Nancy

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Give your head a shake. There's lots. If you care to check out the residential school history in North America, you will find lots of horror stories. Crimes committed by Anglicans, Presbeterians and more. Pull your head out of the sand 777.

Here's a news report you were looking for and could not find.
Took me 20 seconds to google:

http://www.bishop-accountability.or...07_02_AmericanAgainsttheTeaPartyi_These24.htm
What a fine piece of dishonest journalism you've got here. You obviously don't understand this article is geared toward the greatest threat to Protestantism that exists today - ecumenical non-denominational Christianity - which stands for anything but Protestantism.
  • To be fair, 13, not 24, are involved with child sex abuse.
  • To be fair, several of these guys got in trouble after leaving their "ministry".
  • To be fair, most if not all are non-denom pastors. Child predators know they can pick up a Bible, preach "love your sin and your Jesus too" and wait for so-called Christians to show up to get their ears scratched...and their kids molested.
  • Reputable churches abide by the law which requires background checks for anyone - from the pulpit to the back pew - who is directly involved with any form of children's ministry. We know the RCC doesn't. These non-denoms likely don't.
  • The "disorganization" this article refers to is descriptive of non-denom churches, where leaders can skip town in a heartbeat. Mainline Protestant church are fully organized institutions, some internationally, and offer retirement, pensions, post-retirement denominational work, etc.
How about you dig up some legit examples of dedicated, properly trained, spirit-filled, true Protestant preachers who got arrested for child sex crimes, lay them next to the global crisis of RCC child sex abuse, and then we can see if the problem really is worse outside of the RCC.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that the post by @BreadOfLife says it all.
The Catholic Church just makes for better Hype, Headlines, and "News."

This is just another dead horse that has been flogged to death on every Christian website!! It makes Satan very happy when we have a zillion posts all about this kind of stuff , rather than building ourselves up in our most holy faith, and talking about the things of God and His Kingdom....as His followers did on the road to Emmaus...it was then when "Jesus drew near to them " ..and expounded living truth to them...rather than a dead-whipping-horse...

Now ask me how I really feel.... :)
Let me get this straight:
  • Sounding the alarm about faith-leader child sex abuse makes Satan happy.
  • Sounding the alarm about faith-leader child sex abuse makes faith-leader child sex abusers angry.
That would mean the two play on opposing teams, right?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Let me get this straight:
  • Sounding the alarm about faith-leader child sex abuse makes Satan happy.
  • Sounding the alarm about faith-leader child sex abuse makes faith-leader child sex abusers angry.
That would mean the two play on opposing teams, right?

We each have to choose how we serve the Lord.
If God has told you that this is your job and calling ...then go ahead.

I was just saying that anything that sidetracks us from following after the Kingdom "to me" is a waste of time.
If for @Willie T it was his 8-5 daily work then all well and good...that was his "tent making" occupation.

But if we followers of the Lord, get side tracked by political or moral issues that is not good.

To know about them and pray about them yes..we should keep informed and also pray against it ...we bind those spirit and ...
"Thy Kingdom Come..."

But being worried or obsessed with something is a distraction sent by the Enemy...to keep us busy, going nowhere, and not focused on The Lord .

This is just my opinion. If it is your calling...Go for it! But you can't expect everyone else to get all excited about it just because you happen to be.

Reactions: Truth and amadeus

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We each have to choose how we serve the Lord.
If God has told you that this is your job and calling ...then go ahead.

I was just saying that anything that sidetracks us from following after the Kingdom "to me" is a waste of time.
If for @Willie T it was his 8-5 daily work then all well and good...that was his "tent making" occupation.

But if we followers of the Lord, get side tracked by political or moral issues that is not good.

To know about them and pray about them yes..we should keep informed and also pray against it ...we bind those spirit and ...
"Thy Kingdom Come..."

But being worried or obsessed with something is a distraction sent by the Enemy...to keep us busy, going nowhere, and not focused on The Lord .

This is just my opinion. If it is your calling...Go for it! But you can't expect everyone else to get all excited about it just because you happen to be.
What does it take to get people excited about protecting children? To have one of their own sexually abused? That's a little like shutting the gate after the horses have already run off, I think.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only problem with your "no money in it" argument is that the court dockets, jails, and prisons are filled with criminals who can't even afford a lawyer - police arrest, courts try, and detention centers house criminals, no matter their financial status.
The obvious reason why there are so few Protestant faith-leader sexual abuse cases reported is that it's not much of a problem in Protestantism to being with...unlike the non-stop reports of child sexual abuse in catholicism.

You're the one claiming the problem is worse among Protestantism, so please, let's see the news reports.
First of all - it's not ME who is making the claim that the problem is worse among the Protestant sects. It is your FELLOW PROTESTANTS who are making these claims.

As I have shown you repeatedly, In his Book, Pedophiles and Priests, PROTESTANT author Philip Jenkins backs this up with actual statistics, police reports and insurance claims. Like I educated you earlier - there s simply not enough MONEY in it for the lawyers because there are simply too many small, independent Protestant groups.

On the other hand, because the Catholic Church is one LARGE entity - the financial opportunities for lawyers are seemingly endless.

Finally - the MO for pedophiles is greater in the Protestant groups.
EVERY psychological profile of pedophiles confirms that MARRIED MEN are the most likely candidates to be involved in child molestation.

Do your HOMEWORK before posting next time . . .

Last edited: