Where Christ Himself dwells...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Philippians 1:25 RSV — Convinced of this, I know that I shall remain and continue with you all, for your progress and joy in the faith,

----------------

'joy in the faith'

Scripture also teaches us to test ourselves to see if we are in the faith... The results will be, that if one is in the faith, one will have joy... For joy and faith are inseparable.. Not and outward joy where one has received what one has hoped for, but an joy that goes oh so much deeper... Where the inner man is in a state of joy whereas the outer man can be in a state of confusion...

For the inner man knows all is well with their soul, for the joy of the Lord has taken possession of the inner man... For the joy of one's salvation is a real thing.. And the more one by experience, experiences what their salvation in Christ consists of, this joy continues to be the joy of the life..

Even when one is hard at work their joy remains for they are doing their work as onto the Lord and not man, whereby righteousness is sought after in all of one's doings.. For in the doing of righteousness will a joy be found that surpasses all understanding, meaning, that this joy comes from the center of life, where Christ Himself dwells....

In the Beloved, Not me

tsr

Feb 2, 2021
04/20/47
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No religious organization has a corner on Christ's real presence. You can't box Him in. Jesus goes wherever He wants to go....and one of the places He chooses to go is on the inside of everyone who believes in Him as Savior. Therefore, a Christian can literally say, "My heart is Christ's home."

We all know (or at least many of us) that Jesus Christ lived on earth 2000 years ago....and then died....and rose again....and ascended into heaven....where He sits at the right hand of the Father, which is a place of great honor. But that's not all. Jesus isn't limited to heaven. He is God, and so He is omnipresent. Christ literally dwells within the soul of every single believer. How you ask? Well....you will have to ask Him that one. His Word just says it's a fact, but it doesn't give a full explanation that we can completely grasp with our finite minds.

The only reason we know that Jesus dwells within every believer is because God's inerrant Word says so. It's not like this is "common sense." It has been revealed to us in God's Word. Specifically where you ask? Right here....

"But if Christ is in you, your body is dead because of sin, yet your spirit is alive because of righteousness." (Romans 8:10)
"I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me." (Galatians 2:20)
"….so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith." (Ephesians 3:17)
"To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory." (Col. 1:27)
"Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you-unless, of course, you fail the test?" (2 Cor. 13:5)
"Jesus said, 'Remain in me, and I will remain in you.'" (John 15:4)
"You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the One who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world." (1 John 4:4)

Reactions: Pearl

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No religious organization has a corner on Christ's real presence. You can't box Him in. Jesus goes wherever He wants to go....and one of the places He chooses to go is on the inside of everyone who believes in Him as Savior. Therefore, a Christian can literally say, "My heart is Christ's home."

We all know (or at least many of us) that Jesus Christ lived on earth 2000 years ago....and then died....and rose again....and ascended into heaven....where He sits at the right hand of the Father, which is a place of great honor. But that's not all. Jesus isn't limited to heaven. He is God, and so He is omnipresent. Christ literally dwells within the soul of every single believer. How you ask? Well....you will have to ask Him that one. His Word just says it's a fact, but it doesn't give a full explanation that we can completely grasp with our finite minds.

The only reason we know that Jesus dwells within every believer is because God's inerrant Word says so. It's not like this is "common sense." It has been revealed to us in God's Word. Specifically where you ask? Right here....

"But if Christ is in you, your body is dead because of sin, yet your spirit is alive because of righteousness." (Romans 8:10)
"I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me." (Galatians 2:20)
"….so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith." (Ephesians 3:17)
"To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory." (Col. 1:27)
"Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you-unless, of course, you fail the test?" (2 Cor. 13:5)
"Jesus said, 'Remain in me, and I will remain in you.'" (John 15:4)
"You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the One who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world." (1 John 4:4)

Be blessed in your relationship with Him, may He enlarge Himself in you, in all work and word..

A fellow believer, Not me

Reactions: Pearl

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Philippians 1:25 RSV — Convinced of this, I know that I shall remain and continue with you all, for your progress and joy in the faith,

----------------

'joy in the faith'

Scripture also teaches us to test ourselves to see if we are in the faith... The results will be, that if one is in the faith, one will have joy... For joy and faith are inseparable.. Not and outward joy where one has received what one has hoped for, but an joy that goes oh so much deeper... Where the inner man is in a state of joy whereas the outer man can be in a state of confusion...

For the inner man knows all is well with their soul, for the joy of the Lord has taken possession of the inner man... For the joy of one's salvation is a real thing.. And the more one by experience, experiences what their salvation in Christ consists of, this joy continues to be the joy of the life..

Even when one is hard at work their joy remains for they are doing their work as onto the Lord and not man, whereby righteousness is sought after in all of one's doings.. For in the doing of righteousness will a joy be found that surpasses all understanding, meaning, that this joy comes from the center of life, where Christ Himself dwells....

In the Beloved, Not me

Good post @Not me
Many, including myself, used to think that His joy was worldly joy. Peace is my joy, His peace and knowing He is always by our side no matter what happens. We can "feel" anywhere from blue to blah, depressed, facing all kinds of difficulties and...He is with us through it all. Just knowing He loves us is such comfort as, even if nobody else does, He does!!! Aman an Praise God for His JOY! :)

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good post @Not me
Many, including myself, used to think that His joy was worldly joy. Peace is my joy, His peace and knowing He is always by our side no matter what happens. We can "feel" anywhere from blue to blah, depressed, facing all kinds of difficulties and...He is with us through it all. Just knowing He loves us is such comfort as, even if nobody else does, He does!!! Aman an Praise God for His JOY! :)

Hi's, and thanks... Your joy shows, as does your relationship with Him..
May that joy in that relationship grow and exceed all the expectations of man...
Be blessed in Him..

A fellow follower of His, Not me

Reactions: Nancy and Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

----------------

'joy in the faith'

In the Beloved, Not me
I love that deep inner joy and peace that often makes me just smile.

Reactions: Not me

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

----------------

'joy in the faith'

In the Beloved, Not me
The OP is seemingly simple although insightful and only truly known and experienced at the core of every true believer.

Reactions: Pearl and Not me