Where did God come from? - The answer to a frequent question

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

eugenelester

May 12, 2017
Ukaine/Rivne
en.apologet.net
Faith
Christian
Country
Ukraine
It seems like a very simple question and every believer should know an easy answer on it. But if we google a little bit and read the answers of the Christians and the contrarguments of atheists it shows that everything is not so simple, clear and easy.

That’s why I have a desire to write my own variant of the answer.
Where did God come from?

Joshua☩

May 9, 2017
Faith
Country
United States
It seems like a very simple question and every believer should know an easy answer on it. But if we google a little bit and read the answers of the Christians and the contrarguments of atheists it shows that everything is not so simple, clear and easy.

Where did God come from?
I fully expected some sort of quasi-religious exta-biblical attempt to explain the beginning of God, but I ended up really enjoying your response to the question.

“I will say you where God is from, when you will show me the beginning of a geometrical line” - I'm totally stealing this for my own apologetics toolbox :)

Reactions: eugenelester

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Where did God come from?

more like hog wash, God inhabits eternity, therefore He isn't from anywhere nor anything

Isa_57:15 For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones.

a variant can't be truth, truth is the same at all times. it is the fulfillment thereof that is always in progress.

Joshua☩

May 9, 2017
Faith
Country
United States
more like hog wash, God inhabits eternity, therefore He isn't from anywhere nor anything

Isa_57:15 For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones.

a variant can't be truth, truth is the same at all times. it is the fulfillment thereof that is always in progress.
You obviously didn't read the article that he linked in the op, because that's exactly what he's saying.

eugenelester

May 12, 2017
Ukaine/Rivne
en.apologet.net
Faith
Christian
Country
Ukraine
I fully expected some sort of quasi-religious exta-biblical attempt to explain the beginning of God, but I ended up really enjoying your response to the question.

“I will say you where God is from, when you will show me the beginning of a geometrical line” - I'm totally stealing this for my own apologetics toolbox :)
Thank you! I'm glad that you liked my idea.

Reactions: Joshua☩

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If E = mc2 then we can divide and conclude that...

Mass (m) = Energy (E/c2)

And there are three varieties...

Natural E/c2 - All mass is basically cooled plasma
Mental E/c2 - Mentally, A mathematical formula, but this has chemical and spiritual properties as well.
Spiritual E/c2 - E (motivation, warmth, love) / c2 (faith, hope, charity, joy)

God the Father is light and energy. Light and energy cannot be created or destroyed, it merely changes form throughout the eternal ages. God the Father, though, stays the same, but his energy and light has changed form to create many things.

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. - 2 Peter 3:10

God is soon going to disassociate the mass of the universe into the light and energy from whence it was forged and do something else with it. Judging by the size of the universe that is going to be a lot of E/c2 to play with!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God..."is." That, in his own words, is the meaning of "I am."
We, on the other hand, exist somewhere between, we "were", and we "will be"...meaning "nowhere" really...or in God's words, "All is vanity" (nothing). That is why it is important to be born [again] of God's spirit...that we become One with him...I am.

eugenelester

May 12, 2017
Ukaine/Rivne
en.apologet.net
Faith
Christian
Country
Ukraine
If E = mc2 then we can divide and conclude that...

Mass (m) = Energy (E/c2)

And there are three varieties...

Natural E/c2 - All mass is basically cooled plasma
Mental E/c2 - Mentally, A mathematical formula, but this has chemical and spiritual properties as well.
Spiritual E/c2 - E (motivation, warmth, love) / c2 (faith, hope, charity, joy)

God the Father is light and energy. Light and energy cannot be created or destroyed, it merely changes form throughout the eternal ages. God the Father, though, stays the same, but his energy and light has changed form to create many things.

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. - 2 Peter 3:10

God is soon going to disassociate the mass of the universe into the light and energy from whence it was forged and do something else with it. Judging by the size of the universe that is going to be a lot of E/c2 to play with!
Matter is not God. God created matter. Matter is created. God is Spirit. God is a Person. Matter is impersonal. I think you are mistaken.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matter is not God. God created matter. Matter is created. God is Spirit. God is a Person. Matter is impersonal. I think you are mistaken.
For our God is a consuming fire. - Hebrews 12:29

Consuming fire, or plasma energy, or E/c2 energy and light.

Joshua☩

May 9, 2017
Faith
Country
United States
For our God is a consuming fire. - Hebrews 12:29

Consuming fire, or plasma energy, or E/c2 energy and light.
A classic case of using a tiny passage from the Bible out of context to try to prove an incorrect point.

26 His voice then shook the earth; but now he has promised, “Yet once more I will shake not only the earth but also the heaven.” 27 This phrase, “Yet once more,” indicates the removal of what is shaken, as of what has been made, in order that what cannot be shaken may remain. 28 Therefore let us be grateful for receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, and thus let us offer to God acceptable worship, with reverence and awe; 29 for our God is a consuming fire.
Heb. 12:26-29 RSVCE

St. Paul is quite obviously using "consuming fire" figuratively to describe the power of God, and to relate God to a physical substance that can be quite useful to humans, but also quite destructive if not respected properly, in order to explain to the early Christians why they should worship God using imagery that makes sense to them.

God does not have a form as we understand it, and He is certainly not encapsulated in such physical structures as fire or plasma. God is above and beyond such limitations.

Chase200mph

Jun 24, 2012
God came from outside of all Hebrew texts. The monotheistic view really never was valid. The only way this TITLE is used is in the plural tense and even though the Christian Bible claims there is just one god....it lists many.

Guestman

Nov 11, 2009
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The universe has an estimated age of about 13.8 billion years. And it been examined closely by astronomers and others that recognize its precise organization of stars, galaxies and clusters (and life on the earth) that cause some to feel in awe of its immenseness, power and precision. Yet, it also realized that something does not come from nothing, so that the universe requires a Supreme Designer.

At Psalms 90, an ancient man named Moses was inspired to write: "O Jehovah, you have been our dwelling place throughout all generations. Before the mountains were born or you brought forth the earth and the productive land, from everlasting to everlasting you are God".(Ps 90:1, 2)

Thus, Jehovah God had no beginning, being "from everlasting to everlasting". The universe is evidence of his supreme power and capabilities and should reassure individuals that though he has unlimited power, knowledge and capabilities, "he stoops down to look on heaven and earth, raising the lowly from the dust. He lifts the poor one from the ash heap".(Ps 113:6, 7; note: In ancient Israel, putting ashes on one's head was a sign of great distress, see 2 Sam 13:19)

Last edited:

eugenelester

May 12, 2017
Ukaine/Rivne
en.apologet.net
Faith
Christian
Country
Ukraine
The universe has an estimated age of about 13.8 billion years. And it been examined closely by astronomers and others that recognize its precise organization of stars, galaxies and clusters (and life on the earth) that cause some to feel in awe of its immenseness, power and precision. Yet, it also realized that something does not come from nothing, so that the universe requires a Supreme Designer.

At Psalms 90, an ancient man named Moses was inspired to write: "O Jehovah, you have been our dwelling place throughout all generations. Before the mountains were born or you brought forth the earth and the productive land, from everlasting to everlasting you are God".(Ps 90:1, 2)

Thus, Jehovah God had no beginning, being "from everlasting to everlasting". The universe is evidence of his supreme power and capabilities and should reassure individuals that though he has unlimited power, knowledge and capabilities, "he stoops down to look on heaven and earth, raising the lowly from the dust. He lifts the poor one from the ash heap".(Ps 113:6, 7; note: In ancient Israel, putting ashes on one's head was a sign of great distress, see 2 Sam 13:19)
Did you read the article on the link? You will be surprised, but there it is said that God is eternal and has neither beginning nor end.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Maybe I am over simplyfing this. But I know I am correct. We came from the dust and will go back to it. Why yall in here wasting time on this garbage. Go unto all the world heal the sick raise the dead and stop debating garbage. If we did this we would have seen the dead rasied ny now. You will never see it if you continue in this tripe

Reactions: Josho

eugenelester

May 12, 2017
Ukaine/Rivne
en.apologet.net
Faith
Christian
Country
Ukraine
Maybe I am over simplyfing this. But I know I am correct. We came from the dust and will go back to it. Why yall in here wasting time on this garbage. Go unto all the world heal the sick raise the dead and stop debating garbage. If we did this we would have seen the dead rasied ny now. You will never see it if you continue in this tripe
To each his own. The mind must also be satisfied.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
To each his own. The mind must also be satisfied.
Well you have the mind of Christ and should be satisfied. Where did you read that? Dont think it was in the bible was it?