Where did the three human races come from?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Thorwald

Apr 7, 2011
Thunder Bay
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In order for a person to be Caucasian, they must have Caucasian parents. Where did Mongoloid and Negroid come from? How were these races carried forward, after the flood?

Since we all are descendants of Adam and Eve, Adam and Eve must have been Caucasian. The only place in the Bible, that I can find, that allowed for the other two races being 'added' to humanity, is Genesis 6:2, where angels [sons of God] mated with humans. This would mean, that angels are made up of the three races.

The only way that these races could be carried forward after the flood, would be, that Noah, his wife, and their three sons, must have been Caucasian, and the three wives of the sons, must have been one of each race.

What's your opinion?

junobet

May 20, 2016
Germany
Thorwald said:
In order for a person to be Caucasian, they must have Caucasian parents. Where did Mongoloid and Negroid come from? How were these races carried forward, after the flood?

Since we all are descendants of Adam and Eve, Adam and Eve must have been Caucasian. The only place in the Bible, that I can find, that allowed for the other two races being 'added' to humanity, is Genesis 6:2, where angels [sons of God] mated with humans. This would mean, that angels are made up of the three races.

The only way that these races could be carried forward after the flood, would be, that Noah, his wife, and their three sons, must have been Caucasian, and the three wives of the sons, must have been one of each race.

What's your opinion?

As far as I know, the human species has its cradle in Africa. All our ancestors were black and then we adapted to the specific regions we moved to. Not much need for a protective tan in Iceland, but all the more need for Vitamin D.
I strongly recommend you have a look at this site: http://biologos.org/about-us

Thorwald

Apr 7, 2011
Thunder Bay
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
justaname said:
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, after reading the article (above), I have to disagree with it. It is based on vanity, rather than the Bible. When someone is looking for an answer to explain what we see today, we tend to 'fill in the gaps' using our own thoughts, but in this case, it does not make sense. Caucasians have remained so, until this day. No one has changed into a different racial mixture except through intercourse.

Thorwald

Apr 7, 2011
Thunder Bay
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
junobet said:
As far as I know, the human species has its cradle in Africa. All our ancestors were black and then we adapted to the specific regions we moved to. Not much need for a protective tan in Iceland, but all the more need for Vitamin D.
I strongly recommend you have a look at this site: http://biologos.org
I don't think so! It doesn't make sense. No matter where someone travels to throughout the world, and decides to permanently reside in their new environment, they remain a member of the race they were born in. As long as they do not mate with a different race, their children carry on in the same race as their parents.

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thorwald said:
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, after reading the article (above), I have to disagree with it. It is based on vanity, rather than the Bible. When someone is looking for an answer to explain what we see today, we tend to 'fill in the gaps' using our own thoughts, but in this case, it does not make sense. Caucasians have remained so, until this day. No one has changed into a different racial mixture except through intercourse.
I am uncertain if you are interpreting the article properly. Perhaps you are though and simply disagree. This might be a better link.

http://www.creationworldview.org/store/the-origin-of-the-races-dvd

Deborah_

Jun 7, 2015
Swansea, Wales
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thorwald said:

Since we all are descendants of Adam and Eve, Adam and Eve must have been Caucasian.
Why?

Why can't 'Mongoloids' and 'Negroids' also be descended from Adam and Eve?

In Acts 17:26, Paul says, "From one man God made all the nations." Not just 'Caucasians'. (The idea of a 'Caucasian' race was never based on science anyway, but I'll go with your terminology for now)

Single individuals can't change their 'race' (if by that you mean their genetic makeup), but over many generations, minor genetic changes can make noticeable differences to skin colour etc. At a genetic level, these differences really are minor. It's the same with 'breeds' of dogs; although they differ so much in size, shape and so on, they are all one species, descended from a common ancestor. Genetic mutation and selective breeding accounts for it all,.

Thorwald

Apr 7, 2011
Thunder Bay
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Deborah_ said:
Why?

Why can't 'Mongoloids' and 'Negroids' also be descended from Adam and Eve?

In Acts 17:26, Paul says, "From one man God made all the nations." Not just 'Caucasians'. (The idea of a 'Caucasian' race was never based on science anyway, but I'll go with your terminology for now)

Single individuals can't change their 'race' (if by that you mean their genetic makeup), but over many generations, minor genetic changes can make noticeable differences to skin colour etc. At a genetic level, these differences really are minor. It's the same with 'breeds' of dogs; although they differ so much in size, shape and so on, they are all one species, descended from a common ancestor. Genetic mutation and selective breeding accounts for it all,.
ALL people on this earth, are descendants of Adam and Eve. They have to be, in order for the 'sins' of these two, to forever pass through the whole of mankind, and remain with us. This is the basis behind which Satan established himself as prince of the world. All descendants of Adam and Eve [us...all of mankind] are 'separated from God', through their sins. Had Adam and Eve not sinned, mankind would not have needed a saviour, unless the descendants of Adam and Eve sinned.

There is Caucasian in every person on this earth. There has to be. The only place in the Bible, where Mongoloid and Negroid could have been introduced to mankind, is through the mating of angels and daughters of man [Genesis 6:2]. The only way that these three races could have survived after the flood, is as I have posted, above. Nothing else makes sense. What we see in the world, today, is the result of 'mixed marriages/mating'. To some, this is a form of 'evolution'.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
It could be the other way around just as easily. You will find that most indigenous races are colored to some degree. It is just as possible that the Caucasian race were the ones who were from the fallen ones. If you believe that theory, but I think that the fall caused many changes in mankind. My old teachers believed that God may have created races when the people of the earth spoke one language and he scattered them across the earth after the Tower of Babylon incident.... :huh: IMHO ~ I think that just as God created flowers of many colors and not just white ones, he also created many types of breeds of animals who differ in color and size and human beings to be all colors of the rainbow. When all colors of the rainbow are combined, they produce the color white. Perhaps there's an spiritual analogy in there about our relationship with God and our walk to become more like him while on this earth Who knows?

Deborah_

Jun 7, 2015
Swansea, Wales
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thorwald said:
ALL people on this earth, are descendants of Adam and Eve. They have to be, in order for the 'sins' of these two, to forever pass through the whole of mankind, and remain with us. This is the basis behind which Satan established himself as prince of the world. All descendants of Adam and Eve [us...all of mankind] are 'separated from God', through their sins. Had Adam and Eve not sinned, mankind would not have needed a saviour, unless the descendants of Adam and Eve sinned.

There is Caucasian in every person on this earth. There has to be. The only place in the Bible, where Mongoloid and Negroid could have been introduced to mankind, is through the mating of angels and daughters of man [Genesis 6:2]. The only way that these three races could have survived after the flood, is as I have posted, above. Nothing else makes sense. What we see in the world, today, is the result of 'mixed marriages/mating'. To some, this is a form of 'evolution'.
No that's not the 'only' way. It isn't necessary to introduce any genetic material from outside; we know that new mutations are arising all the time within the human race.

But even if you were right, why should the 'Caucasians' be the 'pure-blooded' ones (as Angelina has pointed out)? It's actually far more likely that Adam and Eve were 'African'!

Thorwald

Apr 7, 2011
Thunder Bay
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Angelina said:
It could be the other way around just as easily. You will find that most indigenous races are colored to some degree. It is just as possible that the Caucasian race were the ones who were from the fallen ones. If you believe that theory, but I think that the fall caused many changes in mankind. My old teachers believed that God may have created races when the people of the earth spoke one language and he scattered them across the earth after the Tower of Babylon incident.... :huh: IMHO ~ I think that just as God created flowers of many colors and not just white ones, he also created many types of breeds of animals who differ in color and size and human beings to be all colors of the rainbow. When all colors of the rainbow are combined, they produce the color white. Perhaps there's an spiritual analogy in there about our relationship with God and our walk to become more like him while on this earth Who knows?
You are 'grasping at straws', The Bible is a historical document, and 'assuming' anything else, is 'changing the Word of God', Everything 'fits' as I have posted previously. If it was different, then it would be in the Bible.

Thorwald

Apr 7, 2011
Thunder Bay
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Deborah_ said:
No that's not the 'only' way. It isn't necessary to introduce any genetic material from outside; we know that new mutations are arising all the time within the human race.

But even if you were right, why should the 'Caucasians' be the 'pure-blooded' ones (as Angelina has pointed out)? It's actually far more likely that Adam and Eve were 'African'!
I have seen Jesus standing on the right hand of God, in the clouds. THEY ARE CAUCASIAN! This adds more understanding of Genesis...'man being created in the image of God'.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Thorwald said:
You are 'grasping at straws', The Bible is a historical document, and 'assuming' anything else, is 'changing the Word of God', Everything 'fits' as I have posted previously. If it was different, then it would be in the Bible.
You are also grasping at straws. No where in the bible does it say that God is white or that Adam and Eve were white. In fact Jesus was born from a Hebrew lineage. Did that make Jesus white? :huh:

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
You agree with me that God is Spirit? Then if you saw Jesus standing in the clouds on the right hand of God then you are looking at his purity/holiness and not the color of his skin because he is also Spirit!

0bed

Feb 21, 2010
Thorwald said:

The Bible is correct, but unfortunately that cannot always be said about our understanding. The Bible tells us Adam and Eve had a son called Cain (and others). Reading about Cain in Genesis chapter 4 we discover he was scared he would be killed because he had killed his brother. This speaks of an established legal system that included the death penalty for murder. Verse 15 says "lest any finding him should kill him" means there were other people.
Verse 17 tells us Cain had a wife who was not from his homeland so wasn't his mother or sister, which is a common misconception. We are also told he settled in the land of Nod where they were building walled cities. Walled cities were used for defence against other people and other nations and the building of walled cities can be dated fairly precisely.

Verse 20 tells us Jabal was the father of tent dwellers. Tents came long after cave dwellers. Early men were hunter gatherers and farming came later. Cain was a farmer and Able was a shepherd. This is a late development in the history of humankind.

Verse 20 tells us they were making musical instruments like the harp and organ, but early man did not have musical instruments.

And verse 22 tells us they were working in brass and iron.

This is the bronze age, not too far removed from our own. Flint tools were much earlier. There were Cavemen and several ice-ages throug which men were living.

To find the answer to your question you will need to go back way in time, before Genesis chapter 1 to continental drift.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQVoSyVu9rk

Thorwald

Apr 7, 2011
Thunder Bay
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
0bed said:
The Bible is correct, but unfortunately that cannot always be said about our understanding. The Bible tells us Adam and Eve had a son called Cain (and others). Reading about Cain in Genesis chapter 4 we discover he was scared he would be killed because he had killed his brother. This speaks of an established legal system that included the death penalty for murder. Verse 15 says "lest any finding him should kill him" means there were other people.
Verse 17 tells us Cain had a wife who was not from his homeland so wasn't his mother or sister, which is a common misconception. We are also told he settled in the land of Nod where they were building walled cities. Walled cities were used for defence against other people and other nations and the building of walled cities can be dated fairly precisely.

Verse 20 tells us Jabal was the father of tent dwellers. Tents came long after cave dwellers. Early men were hunter gatherers and farming came later. Cain was a farmer and Able was a shepherd. This is a late development in the history of humankind.

Verse 20 tells us they were making musical instruments like the harp and organ, but early man did not have musical instruments.

And verse 22 tells us they were working in brass and iron.

This is the bronze age, not too far removed from our own. Flint tools were much earlier. There were Cavemen and several ice-ages throug which men were living.

To find the answer to your question you will need to go back way in time, before Genesis chapter 1 to continental drift.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQVoSyVu9rk
I have no idea where you 'are coming from, or going to'. You are all over the map. I have tracked the history of the copper/bronze/iron ages as I found on the internet, a long time ago, and also the different written languages/alphabets. I have also taken a course in geology at the Lakehead University, along with my other degree courses. I have traced the royalty of Europe and Scandinavia, major battles from the Helenistic period to current times, and researched the aboriginals of many nations. The Bible explains a lot of how things we find today, evolved over time. The Neanderthals were not human. They are the highest order of ANIMALS. They went extinct BEFORE modern man was created, 'in the image of God'.

junobet

May 20, 2016
Germany
Thorwald said:
I have no idea where you 'are coming from, or going to'. You are all over the map. I have tracked the history of the copper/bronze/iron ages as I found on the internet, a long time ago, and also the different written languages/alphabets. I have also taken a course in geology at the Lakehead University, along with my other degree courses. I have traced the royalty of Europe and Scandinavia, major battles from the Helenistic period to current times, and researched the aboriginals of many nations. The Bible explains a lot of how things we find today, evolved over time. The Neanderthals were not human. They are the highest order of ANIMALS. They went extinct BEFORE modern man was created, 'in the image of God'.
I fear your internet search has led you to some very dubious sources. Here’s from the good old National Geographic:

When our ancestors first migrated out of Africa around 60,000 years ago, they were not alone. At that time, at least two other species of hominid cousins walked the Eurasian landmass—Neanderthals and Denisovans. As our modern human ancestors migrated through Eurasia, they encountered the Neanderthals and interbred. Because of this, a small amount of Neanderthal DNA was introduced into the modern human gene pool.
Everyone living outside of Africa today has a small amount of Neanderthal in them, carried as a living relic of these ancient encounters. A team of scientists comparing the full genomes of the two species concluded that most Europeans and Asians have between 1 to 4 percent Neanderthal DNA. Indigenous sub-Saharan Africans have no Neanderthal DNA because their ancestors did not migrate through Eurasia (...)”
https://genographic.nationalgeographic.com/neanderthal/

As for us being made in God’s Image: It’s not our bodies that are made in God’s image, but our God-breathed souls. Souls don’t have a race.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
junobet said:
As for us being made in God’s Image: It’s not our bodies that are made in God’s image, but our God-breathed souls. Souls don’t have a race.[/size]

I agree with this. In Gen 1:26-27 God created a man in his own image, but who did he create? Adam. And at the time he was both male and female. See Gen 5:2. At the time Adam was also immortal -- even after the split in Gen 2. Furthermore, language in Romans 5 as well as 1 Cor 15 suggests to me that Adam (before the fall) was more similar to Christ after the ressurection.

This is not what our image is. Is it what we will be? Yes.

0bed

Feb 21, 2010
FHII said:
I agree with this. In Gen 1:26-27 God created a man in his own image, but who did he create? Adam. And at the time he was both male and female. See Gen 5:2. At the time Adam was also immortal -- even after the split in Gen 2. Furthermore, language in Romans 5 as well as 1 Cor 15 suggests to me that Adam (before the fall) was more similar to Christ after the ressurection.

This is not what our image is. Is it what we will be? Yes.
Genesis 1:27 tells us that God created male and female. "So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them."

In the previous verse, "And God said, Let us make man in our image" the word 'man' (adamah) is used in the sense of mankind.

Gen 2:21-25 is about the joining together of two people in marriage, notice the word 'wife'.
21 And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;
22 And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.
23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.
24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.
25 And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.

The analogy of the rib illustrates the bond that is forged between husband and wife.

Matthew Henry says, “She was not made out of his head to top him, she was not made out of his feet to be trampled upon by him, but out of his side to be equal to him, under his arm to be protected, and near his heart to be loved."

Gen 5:2 repeats the fact we were created male and female, but by now 'man' (adamah) has become a name i.e. adam.

Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

Thorwald

Apr 7, 2011
Thunder Bay
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Angelina said:
You are also grasping at straws. No where in the bible does it say that God is white or that Adam and Eve were white. In fact Jesus was born from a Hebrew lineage. Did that make Jesus white? :huh:
Sorry, BUT THEY ARE WHITE!!!!!!!!