Where do aborted babies go?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Where do you think aborted babies go?

• Heaven

Votes: 28 57.1%
  • Hell

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Other

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • Don't know

Votes: 8 16.3%

• Total voters

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you think happens to babies if they are aborted?

Can you believe God would send innocent babies to hell? That doesn't seem right to me.

If they go to Heaven, think about it. If they were born, they could become terrible sinners and wind up in hell. If someone killed them first, they'd go to Heaven. So can that be right? Could you be doing a baby a favor by aborting it and sending it to Heaven? That doesn't seem right to me either.

Last edited:
R

Rita

I wish you well with this can of worms Giuliano !
A thought occurred to me...... our bodies are merely an outer casing for the real person, the soul. So it’s not our bodies that will stand before the Lord, it’s US as individual, the real ‘ US ‘ - so when does the living organism within the womb become a person with a soul.
You see I see the organism as being the ‘ potential for life ‘ up until the heart starts beating at six weeks, but then I define death as being when the heart stops beating.
My theories about hell are different , but not going into that one on the forum.
However why would the Lord judge those who have had no chance because of the decisions of others upon their lives. I believe they are restored and renewed and given life with him. ( I have no proof, no scripture and perhaps it’s more a case of hoping that’s what happens )

As for abortion protecting them from a life of sin, that devalues life even with its wrong choices. How many aborted babies could have gone on to be outstanding people who change the world for good.

Rita

Mosheli

Jul 2, 2020
Wellington
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Firstly there might not be a "heaven" stage?
Bible is unclear on one hand says we die and sleep in grave until ressurection, and on other hand says we go to Abraham's bosom or heaven or hell. Unless it is only the bodies that sleep until ressurection.

Possibilities include:
1. Live again in the Millenium?
2. Put in Abraham's bosom or "limbo" and if accept Jesus preaching are saved?
3. Stay at same age in "heaven"?
4. They never sinned.
5. Reincarnated?
6. Baptism for the dead?

Reactions: Giuliano

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Can you believe God would send innocent babies to hell? That doesn't seem right to me.

If they go to Heaven, think about it. If they were born, they could become terrible sinners and wind up in hell. If someone killed them first, they'd go to Heaven. So can that be right? Could you be doing a baby a favor by aborting it and sending it to Heaven? That doesn't seem right to me either.

You need to rephrase your question because the bodies of aborted babies go into an incinerator to be burnt or they are sold off by planned parenthood for medical research.

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bible is unclear on one hand says we die and sleep in grave until ressurection, and on other hand says we go to Abraham's bosom or heaven or hell. Unless it is only the bodies that sleep until ressurection.

Possibilities include:
4. They never sinned.
5. Reincarnated?
6. Baptism for the dead?
7. Predestined to heaven or Hell to glorify God.

I am just adding something missing to the list, not advocating it!

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I believe that the soul of every human being is given a choice about believing in Jesus Christ as their Savior or rejecting Him. This is what Jesus explained to Nicodemus:

John 3:16-21--“For God loved the world in this way: He gave His One and Only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send His Son into the world that He might condemn the world, but that the world might be saved through Him. Anyone who believes in Him is not condemned, but anyone who does not believe is already condemned, because he has not believed in the name of the One and Only Son of God.
“This, then, is the judgment: The light has come into the world, and people loved darkness rather than the light because their deeds were evil. For everyone who practices wicked things hates the light and avoids it, so that his deeds may not be exposed. But anyone who lives by the truth comes to the light, so that his works may be shown to be accomplished by God.”
@Giuliano -- killing unborn babies is not doing them any favors at all! This idea is warped beyond belief! The unborn baby is a human life, and killing the unborn amounts to murder, which is never spoken of in the Bible as a good thing.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Possibilities include:
4. They never sinned.
5. Reincarnated?
6. Baptism for the dead?
7. Predestined to heaven or Hell to glorify God.

I am just adding something missing to the list, not advocating it!
8. Simply gone to nothing...

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

My answer is not popular. But where babies go who die before the age of accountability, depends on the parents. No unmarried mother that aborts a baby is a Christian at that time, and neither would the father who committed fornication. They are bound for hell, and so would the baby. BUT, if she or he repents and becomes a Spirit-filled Christian, then she or he and the child will be together in heaven.

1 Corinthians 7:14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband; otherwise your children would be unclean.

I know very early Christians did not believe "all babies go to heaven."

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My answer is not popular. But where babies go who die before the age of accountability, depends on the parents. ...
Yes, it may be an unpopular answer, but I've long believed it to be a better answer according to the scriptures than any other I have heard!

Reactions: CharismaticLady

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Hello Giuliano,

This has not been revealed, but we can commend them to the mercy of God, and trust that HE will be right in whatever HE does.

Peace be with you!

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wish you well with this can of worms Giuliano !
A thought occurred to me...... our bodies are merely an outer casing for the real person, the soul. So it’s not our bodies that will stand before the Lord, it’s US as individual, the real ‘ US ‘ - so when does the living organism within the womb become a person with a soul.
You see I see the organism as being the ‘ potential for life ‘ up until the heart starts beating at six weeks, but then I define death as being when the heart stops beating.
My theories about hell are different , but not going into that one on the forum.
However why would the Lord judge those who have had no chance because of the decisions of others upon their lives. I believe they are restored and renewed and given life with him. ( I have no proof, no scripture and perhaps it’s more a case of hoping that’s what happens )

As for abortion protecting them from a life of sin, that devalues life even with its wrong choices. How many aborted babies could have gone on to be outstanding people who change the world for good.

Rita
I am not sure myself when the spirit enters a body. I think it can vary.

I believe as you say that God wants us to live in this world to change it for the better and to become better ourselves. Abortion is wrong because it cheats people out of that opportunity.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My answer is not popular. But where babies go who die before the age of accountability, depends on the parents. No unmarried mother that aborts a baby is a Christian at that time, and neither would the father who committed fornication. They are bound for hell, and so would the baby. BUT, if she or he repents and becomes a Spirit-filled Christian, then she or he and the child will be together in heaven.

1 Corinthians 7:14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband; otherwise your children would be unclean.

Being unclean doesn't mean being sinful, does it? Women were unclean when they got their periods, but that didn't mean they had sinned.

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being unclean doesn't mean being sinful, does it? Women were unclean when they got their periods, but that didn't mean they had sinned.

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

I don't understand it, I just know what 1 Corinthians 7:14 says.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Unborn babies are innocent though, because they have done nothing wrong.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't understand it, I just know what 1 Corinthians 7:14 says.
In this world, we can suffer for the evils of others, and we can make others suffer if we are selfish. A married couple shares a common fate in this world. They are consenting adults. The believer, if possessing the Holy Spirit, sanctifies the unbeliever when they two become one. That is permissible since the nonbeliever wants to be with the believer. So for the sake of procreation, Paul considers them both clean -- a somewhat odd statement since elsewhere he adopts a different standard of clean and unclean. To be honest, he confuses me at times in how he's defining words.

Romans 14:14 I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean.

A baby is not a consenting adult. Even if you consider a baby unclean, that would mean it was doomed. The concept of clean and unclean are not exactly the same as sinless and sinful. You could be become unclean by contacting dead bodies or eating unclean animals. A woman became unclean on her period and by giving birth. In Jewish practice, it meant not being able to enter certain holy areas.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In this world, we can suffer for the evils of others, and we can make others suffer if we are selfish. A married couple shares a common fate in this world. They are consenting adults. The believer, if possessing the Holy Spirit, sanctifies the unbeliever when they two become one. That is permissible since the nonbeliever wants to be with the believer. So for the sake of procreation, Paul considers them both clean -- a somewhat odd statement since elsewhere he adopts a different standard of clean and unclean. To be honest, he confuses me at times in how he's defining words.

Romans 14:14 I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean.

A baby is not a consenting adult. Even if you consider a baby unclean, that would mean it was doomed. The concept of clean and unclean are not exactly the same as sinless and sinful. You could be become unclean by contacting dead bodies or eating unclean animals. A woman became unclean on her period and by giving birth. In Jewish practice, it meant not being able to enter certain holy areas.

Romans 14 is talking about food, not people.