Where do you put your Confidence or Trust?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Confidence has several different definitions, and the two talked about are defined as one a state of feeling certain about that truth of something and the other a feeling of self-assurance arising from one's appreciation of one's own abilities or qualities

First let this needs to be stated : You personally were created by God, and before you ever believed that he even existed, or that His Son Yeshua Christ had died for you. God created you with your very own talents, and skills that are specifically designed to be performed by you yourself. What that personally is I do not know. There are many people who are able to write, or to create things, and though we live here in this world, we can use writing, painting, creating, in however it is we personally see things. Aside from this, God has give you your own mind, since the day of birth. Your own (soul if you will) is your (heart/mind)/will/emotions.

This is the question do you place total and complete confidence in your flesh? Sure you can be able to get those progress reports possibly done on time ,or you can do a certain amount of work in a limited space of time. That is all find and great, be proud of what you are able to get done by yourself so you can be at least proud you got that done. However, are you thankful for what God has given you in which your abilities are able to do such things? Paul speaks about this in Galatians 6:3-4, how an individual should pay attention to your own work, for then you will get the satisfaction fo a job well done, and you won't need to compare yourself to any one else.

Are you someone who compares themselves to others? Even if it a person behind a pulpit, say you need to do this or you need to that, the other day I heard a person say "If you do not pray at least 45 minutes to an hour a day there is something wrong with you" ... to me that is as boast of confidence in their flesh but maybe I am wrong, I am glad to get few short prayers out a day, in regards to friends and family and those who may be lost, hurting, or recovering in the hospitals, or thankfulness to God, and to ask to help me by the Spirit. (But Prayer is good always and never good to underestimate the power of prayer in an individuals life).

So this is the question were do you put your confidence? Is it in that flesh you were? It is okay to remind yourself, that you are a person whom was created by God, though none of us are perfect you are looked at and loved by God, and he desires for us to not put our confidence in our flesh, but to put confidence in Him, Yahweh, and the Son of God Yeshua. To look towards Jesus and what he had done for all behalf of all the people in the world.

The Renewing of our mind is what needs to come about as Paul puts it in Romans 12. Renewing our mind to not put confidence in our flesh but to put confidence in the life giver and sustainer who if you abide in Him, he will abide in you (John 15), so think about these things and consider them.

In Hebrews 10 it says this:

Hebrews 10:35–36
So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised.

So the choice we should make is placing our confidence in God, and the promises of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy and marks

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Or do some put their trust in another man like Augustine, John Calvin, Luther or a cultist like Shawn McCraney or Mary Baker Eddy?

hope this helps !!!

Last edited:

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Confidence has several different definitions, and the two talked about are defined as one a state of feeling certain about that truth of something and the other a feeling of self-assurance arising from one's appreciation of one's own abilities or qualities

First let this needs to be stated : You personally were created by God, and before you ever believed that he even existed, or that His Son Yeshua Christ had died for you. God created you with your very own talents, and skills that are specifically designed to be performed by you yourself. What that personally is I do not know. There are many people who are able to write, or to create things, and though we live here in this world, we can use writing, painting, creating, in however it is we personally see things. Aside from this, God has give you your own mind, since the day of birth. Your own (soul if you will) is your (heart/mind)/will/emotions.

This is the question do you place total and complete confidence in your flesh? Sure you can be able to get those progress reports possibly done on time ,or you can do a certain amount of work in a limited space of time. That is all find and great, be proud of what you are able to get done by yourself so you can be at least proud you got that done. However, are you thankful for what God has given you in which your abilities are able to do such things? Paul speaks about this in Galatians 6:3-4, how an individual should pay attention to your own work, for then you will get the satisfaction fo a job well done, and you won't need to compare yourself to any one else.

Are you someone who compares themselves to others? Even if it a person behind a pulpit, say you need to do this or you need to that, the other day I heard a person say "If you do not pray at least 45 minutes to an hour a day there is something wrong with you" ... to me that is as boast of confidence in their flesh but maybe I am wrong, I am glad to get few short prayers out a day, in regards to friends and family and those who may be lost, hurting, or recovering in the hospitals, or thankfulness to God, and to ask to help me by the Spirit. (But Prayer is good always and never good to underestimate the power of prayer in an individuals life).

So this is the question were do you put your confidence? Is it in that flesh you were? It is okay to remind yourself, that you are a person whom was created by God, though none of us are perfect you are looked at and loved by God, and he desires for us to not put our confidence in our flesh, but to put confidence in Him, Yahweh, and the Son of God Yeshua. To look towards Jesus and what he had done for all behalf of all the people in the world.

The Renewing of our mind is what needs to come about as Paul puts it in Romans 12. Renewing our mind to not put confidence in our flesh but to put confidence in the life giver and sustainer who if you abide in Him, he will abide in you (John 15), so think about these things and consider them.

In Hebrews 10 it says this:

Hebrews 10:35–36
So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised.

So the choice we should make is placing our confidence in God, and the promises of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Jesus said to his God, your word is truth. You and I believe the Bible is God's word Matt, so that would be where I recommend placing our trust and confidence, but we have to accept what it really teaches.

Reactions: Wrangler

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is all about the anointed one and everything he has done for all human beings.

Imagine if Jesus never came and took on the sins for all the world… this place would be extremely godless.

Reactions: Nancy

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
“Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Believe in God, believe also in me.”

(John 14:1, NRSV)

“Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me.”

(John 14:1, NLT)

I put my confidence, my trust, my belief in God, and also in the Son of God.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Confidence has several different definitions, .

Paul taught to place no confidence in the flesh.

What does that mean?

Well, he's talking about going to heaven, or to try to stay saved, or to try to get God to accept you.

If you are trying to do any of that, and your TRUST is in anything you can do.......and that means trying to do ANYTHING.....then you are placing your salvation at the mercy of your behavior, and that is a 100% fail.
How do you know?
Its because God had to Die on the Cross, BECAUSE you have no way to regain relationship with Him or keep it once He restores it to you by the Cross of Christ.

LEGALISM, or "self saving".....or "here is what i have to DO, or make sure i DONT DO, to go to heaven".....is : "to place confidence in the Flesh".

Let me show you where to place your confidence so that you can rest from trying to be good enough for God to accept, as you will never make it there, Reader.
The CROSS is the PROOF..

Jesus said.......'I am the WAY to the Father". John 14:6

See that?
There is your: "Straight Gate".
There is your" "Narrow way"
You can trust Christ to get you to the Father.
He did not fail to do it........ and that is why He said from the Cross..."it is FINISHED"..
= Your way back to GOD.
Place your confidence ONLY IN Christ, and you have met the only requirement that God demands, to take you into His Family and keep you there forever.

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We can see within our selves the answer to this Very Good Question. Where does our mind go to when we feel threatened? Trying to find a way through? Or seeking first to God? And like you mentioned, where does our mind go when something goes well? Is it thankfulness to God?

If we are paying attention to ourselves, these won't be a mystery.

Much love!

Reactions: Nancy

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is all about the anointed one and everything he has done for all human beings.

Imagine if Jesus never came and took on the sins for all the world… this place would be extremely godless.

Imagine what the world would be like to live in if everyone simply lived his one teaching of doing unto others what you would have them do to you Matt. Is it even possible to imagine that? Soon, everyone on earth will obey all his commandments, you and I have prayed for that day to come, and Jehovah assures us, it will come sir.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From my own perspective Robert,

Everyone who comes to know through faith that God exist, and believes God is Spirit, God is Good, God is love, and they seek to know Him will come to know him and worship God in Spirit and in truth. And God's son, is the one whom one places their faith on in which Jesus Christ becomes our mediator between our own individual selfs - to having faith in Jesus who connects us to God by and through the righteousness of the Son of God who rose up from the dead. And everyone in this world has a choice to either believe and seek the things of God or not, and seek to themselves whatever they want instead of God.

The only two commandments that I know of come from 1 John 3:23, or when Jesus had said "Love God first < Then second is to love our neighbor as ourselves and by and through faith in the Lord. You and anyone who believes is made right with God through faith and believing in God and his promises. By and through the Lord Jesus, God sends the Holy Spirit to live with-in us to abide in us, and if an individual abides in the Lord they two are conjoined - and the Holy Spirit of God sent by Jesus, and the Spirit of Christ that also lives with-in us will cause us to move to have love for God and love for our neighbor.

There is difference between the world and understanding what it is, and between the spirit and understanding what it is. Love that comes from God is heavenly love, and it is described in (1 Corinthians 13). God (Jehovah/Yahweh) is good. God (Jehovah/Yahweh) is Love. God (Jehovah/Yahweh) is Spirit. God's Word (is God's incarnate Son, whom was the Word of God made flesh named Yeshua, who created all things, born of the Virgin Mary).