Where does religion fit in?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

May 8, 2020
Reading
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Assume true:
A society cannot survive if it isn't great at getting the best out of it's people.
A society that spends all it's time watching reality TV / building prisons / paying for police to fight gangs / consuming drugs / eating junk and having poor quality thought and education is eventually going to fail.

Reactions: bbyrd009
May 8, 2020
Reading
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
How do you get the very best out of everyone?? You can't force people.
Is it safe to assume a well balanced person will produce good things for their society.
Is religion supposed to produce well balanced people - that then go out and benefit everyone?

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Assume true:
A society cannot survive if it isn't great at getting the best out of it's people.
A society that spends all it's time watching reality TV / building prisons / paying for police to fight gangs / consuming drugs / eating junk and having poor quality thought and education is eventually going to fail.
Religion doesn’t fit in, only changed hearts make a societal difference.
One must be born again.

theophilus

Nov 13, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Assume true:

I believe that what you say is correct and if so modern American society is about to fall. Sometimes when a society is on the verge of collapse God intervenes by giving the people the opportunity to repent of their sins and return to him. I am praying that this will happen to America. Even a person who lives in a collapsing society can still survive by trusting and obeying God. The prophet Jeremiah was such a person. He lived during the time Judah was conquered by Babylon but God protected him and enabled him to continue serving as a prophet.

The most important thing isn't the state of the society in which you live but your relationship with God. Your profile indicates that you are not a Christian. You need to become one in order to establish the right relationship with God. Here is a place where you can learn more about how to do this: Jesus Saves | CARM.org

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
ha well a society cant maybe but another society could--esp if they were left to their own devices--enslave the first one, in a parody of "getting the best out of its ppl"

the point being we live in a divided "society," right, and most ppl seek to "move up" into a "higher" society

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Do tell??
ah well he means well i'm sure, but fwiw imo you dont need to do any of those things necessarily, and imo what would most likely happen if you did would be ezackly what Scripture says anyway, you traverse land and sea to make a single convert, and then turn them into twice the sons of hell you are

Codependence is not a pretty thing imo

Reactions: Waiting on him

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Assume true:
Sounds a bit like a more modern but not less decadent Rome!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Where does religion fit in?

For the heir is under servants and no better than a slave until he inherits, even though he is lord of all

so imo religion is a great way to find ppl who might one day set a toe on the path, they get to learn in a nice, safe camp and keep their allegiance divided between the state and Yah, and imagine that they might go somewhere after they have literally died, Death, More Abundantly, "When we ALL get to heaven," Apollos waters

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Sounds a bit like a more modern but not less decadent Rome!
tell you what i would sure be out developing black market contacts instead of sitting at home right now
and i would be converting most of that $ into commodities, being as how they just printed like $3TRILLION more
just sayin

and, they arent even limited by the speed of the press now, it's just a computer entry, right

Reactions: Philip James

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
haha you said it not me ;-)
Oh I meant exactly what I said. Man has developed a religious system which too often teaches people that for them all is well to the point where many of them do little or nothing "good". Individuals too often are found...

"Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away." II Tim 3:5

May 8, 2020
Reading
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
tell you what i would sure be out developing black market contacts instead of sitting at home right now
and i would be converting most of that $ into commodities, being as how they just printed like $3TRILLION more
just sayin

and, they arent even limited by the speed of the press now, it's just a computer entry, right
yeah - maybe there is wisdom in going for commodities. If things are really really bad - everything will collapse and the contracts won't be worth anything.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Everyone is a mess! Christians have admitted they are a mess and turned to Christ to clean up their messes and transform them into the kind of person God wants us to be.
i agree, that is the stated purpose, however there are some other implied or even explicit "rewards" that most Christians expect to get, right? And you say "everyone is a mess" which i have always parrotted myself, but now i'm thinking that that is just a way for us to justify ourselves, JEsus did say I came for the lost sheep right

May 8, 2020
Reading
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Oh I meant exactly what I said. Man has developed a religious system which too often teaches people that for them all is well to the point where many of them do little or nothing "good". Individuals too often are found...

"Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away." II Tim 3:5
A friend told me a story about people who died and got the heaven they all believed in. Some thought you worshipped all the time, others thought heaven was dancing on a hill day and night. others thought it was church always.
Story basically says in the end each group had their heaven turn into hell.
Angels came and saved them. I forget the moral of the story - make your own haha