Where Is Muhammad Ali Now?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-
The Greatest (a.k.a. Cassius Clay) followed a spiritual philosophy called
Universal Sufism.

If the Bible has it right, then the three-time heavyweight boxing champion is
now coping with something far, far worse than Parkinson's disease.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Webers_Home said:
-
Universal Sufism.

This article confirms that Ali converted to Universal Sufism in his later years: 'Muhammad Ali's Religion' (Heavy, 5 June 2016).

He will be dealing with the Lord God who said:
  1. Jesus: 'Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me"' (John 14:6 ESV).
  2. Acts 4:11-12 (ESV), 'This Jesus is the stone that was rejected by you, the builders, which has become the cornerstone.And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved'.
When we proclaim this narrow way, we will be called bigots, discriminatory, judgmental, etc. We will be in good company with Jesus who said, 'For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few' (Matt 7:14 ESV).

There is absolutely nobody to compare with the Jesus who divided history and still divides people, who was crucified for our sins and rose again from the dead for our justification: 'It will be counted to us who believe in him who raised from the dead Jesus our Lord, who was delivered up for our trespasses and raised for our justification' (Rom 4:24-25 ESV).

Muhammad, Universal Sufism or any other religious figure or philosophy did not do this.

Oz

junobet

May 20, 2016
Germany
Webers_Home said:
-
Universal Sufism.

That is to say, if a certain interpretation of the Bible has it right that claims that whoever is not Christian inevitably goes to hell.
But if my interpretation of the Parable of the Goats and Sheep (Mt. 25:31-46) has it right, then Muhammed Ali may well be absolutely fine right now.
It’s not for me to judge. But I shall be praying for his Soul.

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
junobet said:
That is to say, if a certain interpretation of the Bible has it right that claims that whoever is not Christian inevitably goes to hell.
But if my interpretation of the Parable of the Goats and Sheep (Mt. 25:31-46) has it right, then Muhammed Ali may well be absolutely fine right now.
It’s not for me to judge. But I shall be praying for his Soul.
Since when was Matt 25:31-46 (ESV) a parable?

TopherNelson

Jan 11, 2015
OzSpen said:
David,

What causes you to reach that very judgmental decision??? :huh:

Oz
I am not being judgmental. It is the truth, he who reject the Lord is rejected already by God.

TopherNelson

Jan 11, 2015
OzSpen said:
David,

What makes you think it is the truth?

Today is the start of Ramadan and the news is that the devils are chained for this entire month. Why is this not the truth?

Oz
Luke 10:16
“The one who hears you hears me, and the one who rejects you rejects me, and the one who rejects me rejects him who sent me.”

Muhammad's Koran contradicts scripture. Jesus is the way, the truth and the life. Muhammad downgraded the son of God as merely a prophet. Jesus is the atonement for our sins, if you reject Him, you pay the price. There is no other way. Ramadan is one of the teachings of Muhammad, what do you think?

Galatians 1:8
But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.

p.s. Did I sound harsh or anything?

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
David,

You wrote:
Muhammad's Koran contradicts scripture. Jesus is the way, the truth and the life. Muhammad downgraded the son of God as merely a prophet. Jesus is the atonement for our sins, if you reject Him, you pay the price. There is no other way. Ramadan is one of the teachings of Muhammad, what do you think?
These are your assertions. You have not provided evidence that Muhammad contradicted Scripture or downgraded the Son of God to a prophet. Without evidence from the Islamic sources, these statements are only your opinions.

Again, you say Jesus is the atonement for our sins. This is another assertion. Do you understand that assertions demonstrate nothing?

I'm waiting for your evidence to demonstrate the importance or otherwise of Ramadan for the Muslim.

How about some evidence from primary sources?

Oz

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Based on my brief research of universal sufism they appear to reject many of Muhammad's teachings.

Of course that is not the standard for attaining salvation, one must accept the atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ.

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-
Some may feel that hell isn't an appropriate topic at a funeral. But I think
that, other than Xmas and Easter, you couldn't pick a better time to bring it
up, especially since Christ said that the majority is headed in that direction.
(Matt 7:13-14, Matt 22:14, Luke 13:22-24)

According to the Bible; not many great people are called. If that's true, then
we have to expect that the majority of the world's best and brightest
achievers-- the really big names in sports, science, medicine, politics,
technology, business, industry, religion, entertainment, and education, etc -
don't, and won't, make it to safety when they pass on.

As I watched some of the splendor and pomp of President Gerald Ford's
funeral back in January of 2007, I couldn't help but wonder if he was in a
position to really appreciate it; as I suspect people in hell would certainly no
longer really care anymore whether they were given an unknown pauper's
disposal in a city incinerator, or reverently placed in a grand tomb in the
National Cemetery with world-wide television coverage.

Ecc 7:2 . . It is better to go to a house of mourning than to go to a house
of gaiety, for death is the destiny of every man; the living should take this
seriously.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus Christ had the audacity to say...

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. - John 14:6

I would not want to try eternity without him!

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
davidnelson said:
Because the one who wrote the Koran and preach Islam is not the messenger of God.
If you said that to a Muslim in my suburb, you would be spoken to harshly, 'How dare you blaspheme Islam's prophet'. How do you know that the one who wrote the Koran is not the messenger of God? How will you demonstrate that to a Muslim?

Oz

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
lforrest said:
Based on my brief research of universal sufism they appear to reject many of Muhammad's teachings.

Of course that is not the standard for attaining salvation, one must accept the atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ.
How will you explain that to the Muslim in your community and mine who is supporting Ramadan this month?

TopherNelson

Jan 11, 2015
OzSpen said:
If you said that to a Muslim in my suburb, you would be spoken to harshly, 'How dare you blaspheme Islam's prophet'. How do you know that the one who wrote the Koran is not the messenger of God? How will you demonstrate that to a Muslim?

Oz
Well, I can demonstrate that through their Koran.

Qur’an 69:44-46—And if he (Muhammad) had forged a false saying concerning Us We surely should have seized him by his right hand (or with power and might), and then certainly should have cut off his life artery (Aorta).

Sahih al-Bukhari 4428—The Prophet in his ailment in which he died, used to say, “O Aishah! I still feel the pain caused by the food I ate at Khaibar, and at this time, I feel as if my aorta is being cut from that poison.”

Tiny

Nov 29, 2014
OzSpen said:

Oz
Islam denies that Jesus is the Son of God. I know because I nearly became a Muslim, until I learned that "God has no Son". God DOES have a Son, Jesus Christ.

We are to love Muslims and their obedience, and perhaps we can learn something from them?

During Ramadan we should pray for them, because during Ramadan Muslims often search for truth, and see dreams and visions of JESUS:)

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-
There's a case history of a man in hell located at Luke 16:19-31. Aside from
the obvious discomforts that are indigenous to that environment; the #1
thing on the man's mind were his surviving relatives. He was suffering
anxiety they might share his fate and there was no way he could get a
message out to let them know where he was.

Ali left behind seven daughters and two sons.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Tiny said:
Islam denies that Jesus is the Son of God. I know because I nearly became a Muslim, until I learned that "God has no Son". God DOES have a Son, Jesus Christ.

We are to love Muslims and their obedience, and perhaps we can learn something from them?

During Ramadan we should pray for them, because during Ramadan Muslims often search for truth, and see dreams and visions of JESUS:)
Tiny,

This is a CORE difference between Islam and Christianity. Who is the Muslim Jesus (Asa)? I agree we need to love Muslims and appreciate their devotion to their religion. Yes, pray for Muslims during Ramadan.

Let's look at a few statements from the Quran regarding Jesus. This is an overview of some of the statements about Jesus (Asa) in the Quran (from my article, Is Islam a religion of peace at its core?)

a. Curse on those who call Christ, the son of Allah

Quran 9:30 (Yusuf Ali translation) states: ‘The Jews call 'Uzair a son of Allah, and the Christians call Christ the son of Allah. That is a saying from their mouth; (in this) they but imitate what the unbelievers of old used to say. Allah's curse be on them: how they are deluded away from the Truth!’

b. Jesus, son of Mary, only a messenger

Quran 4:171 affirms:
O People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion: Nor say of Allah aught but the truth. Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) a messenger of Allah, and His Word, which He bestowed on Mary, and a spirit proceeding from Him: so believe in Allah and His messengers. Say not "Trinity": desist: it will be better for you: for Allah is one Allah: Glory be to Him: (far exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is Allah as a Disposer of affairs.
Quran 5:75:
Christ the son of Mary was no more than a messenger [or, an apostle]; many were the messengers [or, the apostles] that passed away before him. His mother was a woman of truth. They had both to eat their (daily) food. See how Allah doth make His signs clear to them; yet see in what ways they are deluded away from the truth!
So Jesus, being the son of Mary, was no more than a messenger, which is contrary to Matt 11:27, where Jesus states that ‘all things have been handed over to me by my Father’.

c. Jesus and Mary as gods

Quran 5:116:
And behold! Allah will say: "O Jesus the son of Mary! Didst thou say unto men, worship me and my mother as gods in derogation of Allah'?" He will say: "Glory to Thee! never could I say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing, thou wouldst indeed have known it. Thou knowest what is in my heart, Thou I know not what is in Thine. For Thou knowest in full all that is hidden.
Jesus and his mother are deities and the Holy Spirit is not stated as divine.

d. Allah cannot have a son

Quran 6:101:
To Him [Allah] is due the primal origin of the heavens and the earth: How can He have a son when He hath no consort? He created all things, and He hath full knowledge of all things.
Quran 72:3, ‘And Exalted is the Majesty of our Lord: He has taken neither a wife nor a son’.

e. So, there can be no son who died for the sins of the world

The Islamic deduction is that Allah cannot have a consort, i.e. a husband, wife, spouse, companion, associate or partner (Merriam-Webster Dictionary 2015. s v consort). Thus, Allah cannot have a son who died on the cross to provide salvation for people’s sins.

f. Islam confirms this of Jesus (Asa):

(1) Christ Jesus was the Messiah, son of Mary, and was a created being (Quran 3:45-47);
(2) Jesus was created, like Adam as a man, from the dust when God said, ‘Be’, and he was brought into existence (Quran 3:59);
(3) Jesus performed miracles (Quran 3:49);
(4) Jesus was not crucified but another man like him was killed in his place (Quran 4:157).

It is informative to read the Quran to discern the differences between Jehovah and Allah. They are radical. See: Is the God of Islam the same God as Elohim of the Christian Scriptures?

Oz