Where is the Ark of the Covenant today?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dougishere

Jan 12, 2012
Illinois

I would think it's where God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit dwells. So the bride of Christ, the Church, being sealed with the Spirit of God, is indwelt by God, so the Ark of the Covenant is in the true Church.

I'm not sure on this but it makes sense. Any ideas?

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
As far as the real ark is concerned (who is Jesus):

And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his covenant: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail. Revelation 11:19

As far as the old ark is concerned (which was the natural type):

And it shall come to pass, when ye be multiplied and increased in the land, in those days, saith the LORD, they shall say no more, The ark of the covenant of the LORD: neither shall it come to mind: neither shall they remember it; neither shall they visit [it]; neither shall [that] be done any more. Jeremiah 3:16

Your appraisal that the assembly of God's people is the ark is true in the sense that it is one body with the true ark.

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building; Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.
(Heb 9:11-12)

For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us:
(Heb 9:24)

It's in heaven itself that He appears for us. In this sense He did not enter thhe Church ( Body of Christ) to put away sin.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Ark of the Covenant is somewhere in Ethiopia. The problem is that there is thousands of Ethiopian churches that claim having the ark of the covenant so no one knows for sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_x4zXg2aOSc&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PLE14F4C4BD22C36F5

Ark_of_the_Covenant_church_in_Axum_Ethiopia.jpg

Sabitarian

Sep 11, 2011
The ark is under Israel in the caticombs where jeramiah placed it before the Babylonian captivity. It was found by Ron Wyatt. The one spoken of as being in the throne room in the home of God was never here on earth.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
The physical Ark of the Convenant no longer exists.

God is wise enough to see that it's verified existance would cause people to fixate and worhip an item and not Him.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
The physical Ark of the Convenant no longer exists.

God is wise enough to see that it's verified existance would cause people to fixate and worhip an item and not Him.

Very conceivable Foreigner, especially considering it was only a shadow or outline in representation of what was to be made available in Christ Jesus.

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
Maybe God took it away from the Jews because they didn't need it anymore. Afterall it was during the captivity that the Jews began to udnerstand that they could pray to God anywhere without needing a Temple or Ark.

It would be amazing to find it but let's remember that God does not dwell in a box, he is everywhere and the Ark was part of God's covenant with the Jews but that was the Old covenant, we have Jesus and Paul told us that it doesn't matter if we are Jew or Gentile, so as far as I'm concerned let the jews mourn loosing the Ark becuase we've got Jesus and he is for everyone be they Jew or Gentile.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I personally think it is in heaven based on the passage in Revelation. I believe it will only be revealed in the final day as a sort of visual confirmatio of God's faithfulness - but at that point we have Jesus coming back so it won't be the highlight.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada

I would think it's where God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit dwells. So the bride of Christ, the Church, being sealed with the Spirit of God, is indwelt by God, so the Ark of the Covenant is in the true Church.

It would be obvious going by Revelation 11 that the ark still exists and is in the temple (in heaven) ..... but the verses just before are also talking about the temple on earth .... which means the rebuilt temple will be in existence during Rev 11 time period ....and if there is a rebuilt temple .... we would expect the Arc would be in it ....

I want to speculate that the arc is in the earthly temple at that time (which is being measured in the first part of Rev 11) .... then mid-chapter the 7th trumpet blows .... then heaven is opened and the arc is seen there.....

.... but my speculation is dampened by Jeremiah 3:16 ...... In those days, when your numbers have increased greatly in the land,” declares the LORD, “men will no longer say, ‘The ark of the covenant of the LORD.’ It will never enter their minds or be remembered; it will not be missed, nor will another one be made.

Rascus

Mar 16, 2012
South Carolina
There is a verse in Revelation that says something about the doors of Heaven were opened and the Ark was seen there.Try Rev 11: 19.
Also have a link if you'd like to check it out......dont know how much stock to put in it...though its possible it was always under the Rock.

http://www.bibleplus.org/discoveries/arkintro.htm

Rascus

Mar 16, 2012
South Carolina
TruthSeeker2012

Thanks for your reply......myself Im always inclined to go with what the Scriptures tell me before anything else. Because I know that within His Word is the Truth! Many Blessing Brother....

Rascus

Interesting viewpoint Rascus and worthy of ponder.

Thank you for sharing.

God bless.