Where or What is Heaven?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Carer

Oct 10, 2006
Do you believe Heaven is a place 'you go to' when you die and leave this earth?Or do you believe the 'Heaven ON Earth' idea?On a 'general chat' forum I visit, the question was asked:If you could change one thing about the world, what would you change?My response to that was that I would look for the one thing that would have a 'dominoe' effect on everything else. People's hearts.If people could change ' within', so they cared about and loved everyone else,there would be no wars, because people would find peaceful solutions to problems.There would be no poverty or starvation, because people would 'share' what they had and would take care of each other so nobody would become 'poorer than anyone else'.Millions of people would be spared the distress and agony of illness/death through being exposed to the effects of starvation and the effects of drinking 'contaminated' water because there is no fresh water to drink. Sexually transmitted diseases would not exist like they do today, because people would 'respect' each other and not engage in the 'liberal' activities that are currently witnessed. As a result, fewer 'unwanted' babies would be born, only to be abandoned by parents who were not ready for the responsibility of raising a child.There are many other examples I could include, but I think you'll have got the message.So, where or what is Heaven?:angel8:

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Genesis 1:1In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.I would have to say that as defined they are two different places, but things can quickly get complicated. My personal opinion is that heaven is best described as another dimension - something you would hear probably more frequently in a kid's cartoon show or perhaps a college science classroom.I lean towards this description because:We have the "windows of heaven" being opened at Noah's flood (Genesis 7:11). Then we have the description of Jacob's ladder (Genesis 28:12) whereby Jacob could see the angels of heaven going to and fro. From there, I jump to Matthew 5:16:Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.Finally:I Corinthians 15:49-53And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly. Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption. Behold, I show you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortalityNotice the distinction between that which reaches to heaven (our soul - our immortal "body") and then that of the flesh which is our mortal body. This physical world where I reach over and touch my desk, or type on the computer is one world. There is another dimension, if you will, of which God dwells in and it is called heaven. We cannot see or enter into it until we die and are judged righteous to enter by the Almighty Judge Himself.Revelation 21:1And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.Revelation 21:2And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.The name of that city, Jehovah Shammah, "The LORD is there." is found at the the very end of Ezekiel. This is on Earth so I can see where the lines can quickly and easily blur for some.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
SwampfoxVery well answered I don't think in this physical body we will ever get a much better explanation than what you have laid out