Which cross are you carrying ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
In the Gospels we are asked to "Pick up your cross daily, and follow Me"..........My question to you is.......Which cross are you choosing to carry ? Are you trying to be like Simon of Cyrene, who was told by a Roman officer, to carry Jesus' cross for Him ? Or have you asked, sought and knocked for the truth, of the answer to this ?
It is NOT the same cross He is asking us to carry. HE carried the cross which had upon it....the strength of the law, to separate us from Gods presence... All the sin, punishment and condemnation (owed) to mankind .....He and only He carried all that, and took sin by the horns, took it all to the realm of death/ the dead, having BECOME sin for us, so that we might be MADE the righteousness of God, IN HIM............On that cross He was, when He knew He was alone, and thus could say :" It is finished."........He had paid the physical price, and now He was headed off to pay the spiritual price, as SIN, and as we know God cannot look upon sin and the Holy Spirit cannot abide with/in sin.........So Jesus, The Son of Man, went in and paid the price ONCE FOR ALL ( so there's no mistake )
Of course He Himself was innocent, and death had zero claim to Him, which made it possible for God to raise Him up to Himself............Now Gods Word and simultaneously A Son of Man ( the last Adam) were seated on the right Hand of the Father, in authority.....
It is beyond me how we fall for that same lie, that we are somehow asked to carry a cross like His ( as if ANY man could ).....What does He say:" Come to Me, you who are weary and heavy laden, and I will give you rest..... Take my yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am GENTLE and LOWLY in Spirit/Heart , and you will find rest for your souls. for my yoke is EASY and My burden is LIGHT" Mt 11: 28-30.
How can we read, all that we read, and still not understand???? The cross we are asked to bear, is 'TO LOVE, AS I HAVE LOVED." the single most impossible thing for a human being, in this world to DO, and to BE !!!............But is and will be possible IN HIM , IF we hold on till the end...
We need Him to be right by us, for us to even begin to be able to Love , and when we allow ourselves to be YOKED with Him, we just follow after Him automatically....A yoke after all, is what is used to get two animals, to walk the same path, side by side........
As long as something or someone doesn't 'unhinge' us, or tries............I see that far too often in religious circles, who add a bunch of nonsense that we, as humans are supposed to add to the already finished work of Christ.....As IF we ever could.......Honestly ????
Sorry, hadn't meant for this to sound heavy, and in fact it is supposed to bring great relief and much joy to anyone who is willing to believe In Him and in Him alone. He is beyond being corrupted, we are not as yet ! WE NEED HIM.........Every moment of every day, and Praise His Holy Name, He is WILLING to BE there, every moment, every day.
BUT, are we willing to be yoked with Him ?
I will leave it there, I think I've said enough.
In His Love Pia :)

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@pia

YES!! That is an excellent OP :)
Must sleep now...but I want to come back to this tomorrow...
Bless you.....H

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@pia

As you say, our cross should not be heavy. The yoke with the Lord is easy and His burden is light, but man too often tries to ride the fence to get the best of both worlds: the world of the flesh and the Kingdom of God.

Many years ago when I was new to the Lord's Way, the brother whose witness was used to draw me to God told me this:

"It is hard to live for God easy. It is easy to live for God hard."

In other words if you put your all into it, it becomes easier. If, on the other hand, you are a little more half-hearted in your service of God, it will become a very difficult road. That second way is also the more dangerous way in the long run. It brings us closer to the lukewarm mentioned here:

"I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth." Rev 3:15-16

We certainly don't ever want God to spit us out.

Consider also this verse:

"I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service." Rom 12:1

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In the Gospels we are asked to "Pick up your cross daily, and follow Me"..........My question to you is.......Which cross are you choosing to carry?

HE carried the cross which had upon it....the strength of the law, to separate us from Gods presence... All the sin, punishment and condemnation (owed) to mankind .....He and only He carried all that, and took sin by the horns...

.............So Jesus, The Son of Man, went in and paid the price ONCE FOR ALL ....

It is beyond me how we fall for that same lie, that we are somehow asked to carry a cross like His ( as if ANY man could ).....What does He say:" Come to Me, you who are weary and heavy laden, and I will give you rest..... Take my yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am GENTLE and LOWLY in Spirit/Heart , and you will find rest for your souls. for my yoke is EASY and My burden is LIGHT" Mt 11: 28-30.
How can we read, all that we read, and still not understand????
The cross we are asked to bear, is 'TO LOVE, AS I HAVE LOVED." the single most impossible thing for a human being, in this world to DO, and to BE !!!............But is and will be possible IN HIM , IF we hold on till the end...
As long as something or someone doesn't 'unhinge' us, ............I see that far too often in religious circles, who add a bunch of nonsense that we, as humans are supposed to add to the already finished work of Christ.....As IF we ever could.......Honestly ????
Sorry, hadn't meant for this to sound heavy, and in fact it is supposed to bring great relief and much joy to anyone who is willing to believe In Him and in Him alone. He is beyond being corrupted, we are not as yet ! WE NEED HIM.........Every moment of every day, and Praise His Holy Name, He is WILLING to BE there, every moment, every day.
BUT, are we willing to be yoked with Him ?
I will leave it there, I think I've said enough.
In His Love Pia :)

I too, like you, are still mystified why some people choose to stay and 'try' over and over to please God by "being good"...then they live miserable, because they know that they do not, cannot, measure up!
It also keeps us in a state of feeling unrighteous, or feeling self righteous when they feel that they 'did well' and had a good week being a 'good Christian'.
Little knowing the glee they bring to the devil when they either feel righteous, or self-righteous! He is happy with either captivity...anything but knowing the victory and the Truth of what God did through Jesus Christ ..for us! ✟

But I guess when I cast my mind back to the first 15 years of walking with the Lord.
"I" was one of those swinging between feeling unrighteous because I failed, or self-righteous when I was walking how I felt good Christians should walk! What a roller- coaster way to live.
I was trying to remember today, If one day (while in the misery of vacillating between the two,) if God just jumped into my life ( or off the page) with the revelation of being free from the law and under grace. OR, did I hear someone say it, or preach it ,and then I took it before the Lord for His confirmation.
I know it took many months of believing and coming to the truth, I remember all the YEARS of being brainwashed and being told that WE must keep all the commandments etc etc
That brainwashing into our belief system takes some long time to get washed out again ( which is what we saw with Peter before he could let go of the mixture between the old and the new law.... and Paul started laying out the truth of it so clearly)
If it was hard from them to stop themselves from falling back again under the law...I can see why we, and others did and do also!!

Praise God for His patience. :)

It take a while for :- "
... whatsoever is not of faith is sin." to really take hold and sink in. We know that nowhere , this side of the cross...does the bible tells us that 'not keeping the commandments is sin! ' But I too lived there once! :)

6 "And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace. "

Our cross, that we must take up daily, ( I believe) is the denying of the self....the carnal mind.
We are told that "we have the mind of Christ." but, do we live there? That is the work of faith continually..
What I really find strange with people who cannot 'get' that Jesus gave the two great commandments which encompassed all the old...is fully achieved in the word LOVE.
If we keep the commandment of love , we will not Lie, we will obviously not Kill, we will not bare false witness , commit adultery...etc etc... But WHY people skip over the LOVE commandment and cling to the 10 of Moses ( which were never given to the Gentiles anyway!!) ..who knows..just blindness I guess. It is sad. For there is so much liberty in the truth. Paul almost wore himself out in getting the churches to see this.

When we come into the presence of a person who has indeed taken up his cross..we know it..we feel it..the fragrance of the Lord flows out from them.
I admit, I myself am still a 'work in progress', it still 'pick it up and put it down', the carnal mind is such an enemy it must be crucified.
I am still trying to get totally hold of what ScottA was sharing last week. I see the wonderful truth of it...I try as Scott said.."to not drive forward while looking in he rear view mirror." But there it is , in the very sentence I just wrote ..shame on me... "I try"...rather that "I BELIEVE. :)

Sorry for the long ramble! Ha!

Last edited:

Pisteuo

Jul 31, 2017
Ozarks
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, excellent posts Pia and ByGrace! Awesome
images

Reactions: pia