Which is your favorite?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

which of these are your favorite?

• Laptop

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Notepad

• Notebook

• Tablet

• or you like to counton the ancient abacus LOL

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Laptop and iPad ....

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have big fingers, as a clumsy man, and these small gadgets appall me...o_O

If I can't sleep at night I sometimes reach for my iPad in the dark and look at this site to see what is going on.
If I post ( type) on my iPad in a response ...I get some good laughs when I come on here on my laptop next day, and see my typo's. :D
I don't find posting on small devices easy at all. I take my hat of to those who use a phone!!:eek:

Josephhasarainbow14

Jul 11, 2019
Illinois
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know the home pc is much less popular now then it once was. But we are not acting like the Joneses.

I and she like the home pc. Standard size keyboard like a typewriter. Monitor over 20 inches. I think it is fast enough. It's a place you can think and start typing away. Laptop would be my second pick if did not have a home pc. But nothing less then a 19 inch screen monitor. . we don't like small gadgets. . Just the calculator and watches a bit not to large that is. Those are the only exceptions. Otherwise we prefer larger machines.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have big fingers, as a clumsy man, and these small gadgets appall me...o_O
I am with you on this. I learned to type on an old manual typewriter. I do not even like the laptop I am using at the moment, but my desktop had a manufacturing defect and is in the shop on the warranty for repair. Hopefully it will be back soon. My big hands are nice for the piano bur for small keyboard as in some of these devices used for the Internet forget it. I have never used anything smaller than a laptop for the Internet. My wife uses our cell phone for miscellaneous things but I only use it to talk...

lisa johny

Aug 21, 2019
OAKLAND GARDENS
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
For myself laptop is best, I can use it very easily, it doesn't matter where I sam, I can do my work without facing any difficulty, The laptop is also convenient to use for all kinds of work, in fact, last week I bought my new laptop from back to school sale 2019, and Its quite cheap, I must say Its a worth buying for me.

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
With technology advancing all the time which of these are your favorite? Why
I really like the cored rotary phones. I don't have to be concerned with radio waves bombarding my body causing cancer or reproductive harm, nor do I have to push half a dozen buttons before I can make a call. I never call a wrong number either. I don't have to wait for updates, and I can hear everything the person on the other end is saying perfectly. The ringer is loud enough to hear even when I'm outside the house. For convenience and ease of use, nothing else comes close. I can dial and be connected before anyone else in the house can find the same number in their list of contacts.

I have two weed whackers that work perfectly, but they're no where near as easy to use as a sling blade. I can hack down a few hundred square feet of knee to waist high grass with a sling blade before the next guy can get his weed whacker started. There's practically no maintenance, no gas to mix, nothing to break down, nothing to fix. Nobody would ever steal it, and if anyone did, they're only about $17.00 at the hardware store. I can whack down a couple thousand feet of weeds and feel no discomfort whatsoever. The weed whacker produces neck and back pain in less than ten minutes.

I really like my car keys as well. I don't have to ever wonder if I exited my car and left the car on. The car keys are on the same key chain as the house keys so I know the car's battery isn't being drained or filling the garage up with exhaust. I don't have to worry about some hacker getting into my car with some clever piece of technology either. They have to do it the old fashioned way with a broken window, or spending the time to flip the lock with a slim jim, hanger, etc.

Going to one of the local farmer's markets is also preferable to the modern supermarket because they all take cash, and I get change back in far less time than what it takes waiting for everything to be scanned, especially when the wrong button is pushed or the scanner doesn't read an item. Back in the days before computers, a checker knew the price of each and every item in the entire store, and could punch in the price of each item faster than the modern day checker can swipe them over a scanner. if the power was out, it didn't mean I had to wait until the power came back on to finish shopping either.

The first time I ever saw a gas pump out of order was shortly after they became computer automated.

Diesel engines use to be so simple to run. If you had fuel and compression, you could get it running. Now, all it takes is some computer malfunction for the truck to require towing to a garage, and a computer diagnostic evaluation to figure out what went wrong with the computer.

Cars used to be so durable. Now they're designed to crumple on minor impacts. They're basically disposable vehicles. Thirty years ago if a transmission went out, it was less than a grand to replace it. Now, it's a total. If two or more air bags deploy on a minor accident, the insurance company will total it.

A brand new import economy car starts out around $25k, but you could buy a classic muscle car or exotic sports car for less in perfect condition. In the not too distant future, the government will require that all cars get 50 mpg, but a 70's model Toyota Tercel with a few hundred thousand miles will still get that with jack rabbit starts, and redlining it all day long.

Reactions: Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I DO NOT care for multi-functioning electronic gadgetry; that by the way; is "outdated" by the time it is manufactured, boxed and shipped.

Update $$$, Update $$$, Update $$$...
Annoying strangers texting, calling, emailing....About as pleasant as walking all day with pebbles in your shoes...

Glory to God,
Taken