Which team is the Devil playing for

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We must use the Bible to interpret the Bible and its true boundaries.

This thread has already referred to Rahab's Lie to hide the Hebrew spies.

Here are other lies and deception that God blessed,...
~~~~~~~~~~​
Gideon's Bluff [Judges 7:15-22]
His army appeared to be much more menacing than it was.
~~~~~~~~~~​
Solomon's Bluff [1 Kings 3:16-28]
“Divide the living child in two, and give half to one, and half to the other.” v. 25
~~~~~~~~~~​
Micaiah's Truthful Prophecy About A Lying Spirit Sent By God...! [2 Chronicles 18:18-22]
“Therefore hear the word of the Lord:
I saw the Lord sitting on His throne,
and all the host of heaven standing on His right hand and His left.

The Lord: Who will persuade Ahab king of Israel to go up, that he may fall at Ramoth Gilead?
So one spoke in this manner, and another spoke in that manner. [They started brainstorming...]
God's Subordinate: [Ooh! Ooh! I know!] I will persuade him.
The Lord: In what way?
God's Subordinate: I will go out and be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets.
The Lord: You shall persuade him and also prevail; go out and do so.

Therefore look!
The Lord has put a lying spirit in the mouth of these prophets of yours,
and the Lord has declared disaster against you.”
~~~~~~~~~~​
Jesus' Bluff [Luke 24:13-35]
"Then they drew near to the village where they were going,
and [Jesus, incognito] indicated that He would have gone farther.*
But they constrained Him, saying,
'Abide with us, for it is toward evening, and the day is far spent.'​
And He went in to stay with them." vv. 28-29

*When He had no intention of doing so.
This question might appear off topic but it's not. Have you ever spoken to a religious Jew re the Devil?....have you ever asked him what the Serpent thing about was in Eden or the intro to Job? If you haven't you might be surprised at their answer....I would try it and perhaps we could continue this conversation with your new knowledge. What do you think?

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This question might appear off topic but it's not. Have you ever spoken to a religious Jew re the Devil?....have you ever asked him what the Serpent thing about was in Eden or the intro to Job? If you haven't you might be surprised at their answer....I would try it and perhaps we could continue this conversation with your new knowledge. What do you think?
The devil plays for Manchester United because it is a devil of a job for other teams to beat them.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The Devil plays for any team that will allow him to corrupt, deceive, and exploit. Seem familiar . . .?

Marc RL Ministry

May 28, 2021
Melbourne
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ezekiel 28 Lament for Tyre

11The word of Adonai came to me saying:
12“Son of man, lift up a lament for the king of Tyre. Say to him, thus says Adonai Elohim: ‘You were the seal of perfection, full of wisdom and perfect in beauty.
13You were in Eden, the garden of God. Every precious stone was your covering —ruby, topaz and diamond, beryl, onyx and jasper, sapphire, turquoise and emerald—your settings and your sockets a workmanship of gold —in the day you were created they were prepared.
14You were an anointed guardian cheruv. I placed you on the holy mountain of God. You walked among stones of fire.
15You were perfect in your ways from the day that you were created, until unrighteousness was found in you.
16By the abundance of your trade they filled you within with violence. So you have sinned. So I threw you out as a profane thing from the mountain of God. I made you vanish, guardian cheruv, from among the stones of fire.
17Your heart was exalted because of your beauty. You corrupted your wisdom because of your splendor. I threw you down to the earth. Before kings I set you up as a spectacle.
18“‘By the multitude of your iniquities, in the injustice of your trade, you profaned your sanctuaries. So I brought fire out from within you, and it has consumed you. I have turned you to ashes on the earth in the eyes of all who saw you.
19All who know you among the people will be appalled at you. You have become a horror and will be nothing forever.’”
20The word of Adonai came to me saying:
21“Son of man, set your face toward Sidon and prophesy against her.
22Say, thus says Adonai Elohim: ‘Behold, I am against you, Zidon. I will be glorified in your midst. They will know that I am Adonai, when I execute judgments in her, and show my holiness through her.
23I will send a plague to her and blood in her streets. The wounded will fall in her midst by the sword on every side. So they will know that I am Adonai.’
24“Never again will there be a briar pricking at the house of Israel or a piercing thorn from any around them who scorn them. They will know that I am the Lord Adonai.”
25Thus says Adonai Elohim: “When I have gathered the house of Israel from the people among whom they are scattered and show my holiness through them in the eyes of the nations, then they will live in their own land which I gave to My servant Jacob.
26They will live safely there, and they will build houses and plant vineyards. They will live securely when I have executed judgments on all those around them that treated them with contempt. So they will know that I am Adonai their God.”

satan plays for his own team its satan vs the rest he wants to be God above Gods, being treated as equal wasn't enough for himself and he took a 3rd of the angels with himself but he is a liar he cares not for them and he would never of shared any kingdom with them they're deceived before the beginning his destruction was already known and his destiny set by himself by his greed he is nothing and less than nothing and subject to us he only has the power you allow.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ezekiel 28 Lament for Tyre

11The word of Adonai came to me saying:
12“Son of man, lift up a lament for the king of Tyre. Say to him, thus says Adonai Elohim: ‘You were the seal of perfection, full of wisdom and perfect in beauty.
13You were in Eden, the garden of God. Every precious stone was your covering —ruby, topaz and diamond, beryl, onyx and jasper, sapphire, turquoise and emerald—your settings and your sockets a workmanship of gold —in the day you were created they were prepared.
14You were an anointed guardian cheruv. I placed you on the holy mountain of God. You walked among stones of fire.
15You were perfect in your ways from the day that you were created, until unrighteousness was found in you.
16By the abundance of your trade they filled you within with violence. So you have sinned. So I threw you out as a profane thing from the mountain of God. I made you vanish, guardian cheruv, from among the stones of fire.
17Your heart was exalted because of your beauty. You corrupted your wisdom because of your splendor. I threw you down to the earth. Before kings I set you up as a spectacle.
18“‘By the multitude of your iniquities, in the injustice of your trade, you profaned your sanctuaries. So I brought fire out from within you, and it has consumed you. I have turned you to ashes on the earth in the eyes of all who saw you.
19All who know you among the people will be appalled at you. You have become a horror and will be nothing forever.’”
20The word of Adonai came to me saying:
21“Son of man, set your face toward Sidon and prophesy against her.
22Say, thus says Adonai Elohim: ‘Behold, I am against you, Zidon. I will be glorified in your midst. They will know that I am Adonai, when I execute judgments in her, and show my holiness through her.
23I will send a plague to her and blood in her streets. The wounded will fall in her midst by the sword on every side. So they will know that I am Adonai.’
24“Never again will there be a briar pricking at the house of Israel or a piercing thorn from any around them who scorn them. They will know that I am the Lord Adonai.”
25Thus says Adonai Elohim: “When I have gathered the house of Israel from the people among whom they are scattered and show my holiness through them in the eyes of the nations, then they will live in their own land which I gave to My servant Jacob.
26They will live safely there, and they will build houses and plant vineyards. They will live securely when I have executed judgments on all those around them that treated them with contempt. So they will know that I am Adonai their God.”

satan plays for his own team its satan vs the rest he wants to be God above Gods, being treated as equal wasn't enough for himself and he took a 3rd of the angels with himself but he is a liar he cares not for them and he would never of shared any kingdom with them they're deceived before the beginning his destruction was already known and his destiny set by himself by his greed he is nothing and less than nothing and subject to us he only has the power you allow.
Are you wanting to say something with Ezekiel 28 Marc?

Reactions: Marc RL Ministry

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As amazing as it is the creation account is in reference to what began at Calvary. It’s really hard to wrap my week brain around, but it’s beginning to become very obvious.

Jesus Christ, creator of the worlds.

Marc RL Ministry

May 28, 2021
Melbourne
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
As amazing as it is the creation account is in reference to what began at Calvary. It’s really hard to wrap my week brain around, but it’s beginning to become very obvious.

Yes when you link john 1 in with genesis 1 you get a clear picture of the beginning

Reactions: Waiting on him

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

I'm not sure what you are saying here Woh

Reactions: Waiting on him

Emily Nghiem

Jun 16, 2021
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear @quietthinker
I see God Jesus Holy Spirit as
Love of Truth/Wisdom
Justice and Peace for all Humanity.

The opposite is fear based.
That is where Satan plays and preys on people: wherever there is fear.
And demons feed on unforgiveness the one sin against the Holy Spirit that is not forgiven in this world or the one to come.

All the generational curses and ills dividing and plaguing us, spiritually and politically,
Are broken by praying for forgiveness and deliverance in Christ Jesus.

Once our hearts and minds are freed from ill will, fear or distrust, unforgiven division conflicts or rejection from the past,
No forces of Satan or demons can play us against each other.

Jesus comes as a double edged sword of Justice. Those who played retributive games will get divided and conquered by our own words of judgment called against us.

Those who live by Restorative Justice which Christ Jesus embodies to fulfill all laws as Lord over all, will receive forgiveness and correction to restore good faith relations.

We get the side of Justice or Jesus we give.

The solution is letting God's perfect love cast out fear.

Ask God's help with forgivemess through Christ on the Cross to break the cycles and traps of unforgiveness, addiction and abuse, suffering destruction and death.

When we agree to receive God's grace and forgiveness so Christ Jesus can govern our relations, then no evil negative forces of greed fear or competition with others, can exploit our differences we hand over to God to reconcile in Christ.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Dear @quietthinker
I see God Jesus Holy Spirit as
Love of Truth/Wisdom
Justice and Peace for all Humanity.

The opposite is fear based.
That is where Satan plays and preys on people: wherever there is fear.
And demons feed on unforgiveness the one sin against the Holy Spirit that is not forgiven in this world or the one to come.

All the generational curses and ills dividing and plaguing us, spiritually and politically,
Are broken by praying for forgiveness and deliverance in Christ Jesus.

Once our hearts and minds are freed from ill will, fear or distrust, unforgiven division conflicts or rejection from the past,
No forces of Satan or demons can play us against each other.

Jesus comes as a double edged sword of Justice. Those who played retributive games will get divided and conquered by our own words of judgment called against us.

Those who live by Restorative Justice which Christ Jesus embodies to fulfill all laws as Lord over all, will receive forgiveness and correction to restore good faith relations.

We get the side of Justice or Jesus we give.

The solution is letting God's perfect love cast out fear.

Ask God's help with forgivemess through Christ on the Cross to break the cycles and traps of unforgiveness, addiction and abuse, suffering destruction and death.

When we agree to receive God's grace and forgiveness so Christ Jesus can govern our relations, then no evil negative forces of greed fear or competition with others, can exploit our differences we hand over to God to reconcile in Christ.
Thank you for your post @Emily Nghiem. Restorative justice reevaluates all ideas to do with retributive justice even to the extent that we understand the judgement of God....a subject worthy of exploration

Reactions: Emily Nghiem

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The devil plays for Manchester United because it is a devil of a job for other teams to beat them.
Totally off topic I know, but there was a young lad who, during the divorce of his parents, told the judge he couldn't live with either his mum or his dad because they beat him. He asked if he could emigrate to Australia because they don't beat anybody.

Reactions: marksman

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Something odd has occurred with this thread. It is falsely attributed to as being started by myself. Not only that, but what is listed as post #1 is actually a reply to the post quoted which has vanished.

This is not the first time I have noticed irregularities in threads but this is the first time I have made mention of it.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Something odd has occurred with this thread. It is falsely attributed to as being started by myself. Not only that, but what is listed as post #1 is actually a reply to the post quoted which has vanished.

This is not the first time I have noticed irregularities in threads but this is the first time I have made mention of it.
Lol. I have noticed the odd glitch like that also. Nothing quite so radical as the above, but weird. Nothing that anyone would classify as paranormal, so nothing worth reporting. But interesting, and probably having a perfectly logical explanation.