Which woman would you take?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

sho

Oct 14, 2020
Naples
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
1. A woman who is so beautiful like a diamond but has a bad spirit.
or
2. A woman who has a spirit like a dove. A woman who serves YHWH.

I would take number one because I love beautiful women. It is bad to think so but my eyes and my heart become always weak if I see a woman who looks like pure gold.
If I would take the number two I would not know if I could keep the marriage.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
or

I would take number one because I love beautiful women. It is bad to think so but my eyes and my heart become always weak if I see a woman who looks like pure gold.

Whatsamatter?
Beauty may only be skin deep but ugly goes to the bone...

Just for the record...
Familiarity breeds contempt. So no matter how pretty a wife is you won't see her that way after a few months.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
or

I would say be very careful. You are in danger of living a very miserable life, Lol.

Pray the Lord can give you both, and pray HARD, like for years. What you appear to be seeking is not in vast supply. If however you can lower your standards just a little from Venus on the Half Shell, you may find the woman of your dreams. You just may not have reached the age yet where you understand there can be a far greater attraction to someone's personality than merely to their looks.

God bless, and I do know how it is. Good luck.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would say be very careful. You are in danger of living a very miserable life, Lol.

Pray the Lord can give you both, and pray HARD, like for years. What you appear to be seeking is not in vast supply. If however you can lower your standards just a little from Venus on the Half Shell, you may find the woman of your dreams. You just may not have reached the age yet where you understand there can be a far greater attraction to someone's personality than merely to their looks.

God bless, and I do know how it is. Good luck.
I would say it's best to have a spouse who loves God and loves their mate more than they love themselves.

Now, this is a husband or wife worth more than gold!!!

sho

Oct 14, 2020
Naples
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
The point is, rather, spiritual qualities should have priority.
If a beautiful woman comes to you and she is much more beatiful than your wife wouldn't you take her as your wife?
Solomon had 1000 wives, if even Solomon has loved beautiful women then it is normal. Why did God create us that we look at the beauty?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
If a beautiful woman comes to you and she is much more beatiful than your wife wouldn't you take her as your wife?
Solomon had 1000 wives, if even Solomon has loved beautiful women then it is normal. Why did God create us that we look at the beauty?
Faithfulness in marriage is Biblical and my wife is wonderful.

We need above all to focus on our relationship with God. John 3.16.

sho

Oct 14, 2020
Naples
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
In the New Testament, 'husband of one wife' is an important principle. Polygamy, though widespread, was not in the mind of God.
Where does the NT say a husband must have only one wife?

And do you want to judge Abraham, Jacob, Gideon, Samuel, David.....? These great prophets had more than two wives and you say it is a sin? Who are you that you know it better than these men?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Where does the NT say a husband must have only one wife?

And do you want judge Abraham, Jacob, Gideon, Samuel, David.....? These great prophets had more than two wives and you say it is a sin? Who are you that you know it better than these men?
1 Timothy 3.2.

Polygamy, though widespread, was not in the mind of God.

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

sho

Oct 14, 2020
Naples
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
1 Timothy 3.2.

Polygamy, though widespread, was not in the mind of God.
It's about a bishop.
And where does it say a man must have only one wife? Or where does the bible say a man is not allowed to take more than one wife?

And by the way are you better than Abraham? Who are you?

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Moses had two wives as well.
And he wrote the Law.

Just saying.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
It's about a bishop.
And where does it say a man must have only one wife? Or where does the bible say a man is not allowed to take more than one wife?

And by the way are you better than Abraham? Who are you?
Verse 12 also says that deacons - anyone who serves in the local church - must also be a husband of one wife.

Reactions: Helen and TLHKAJ