Which would you save, a sinner or a saint?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

You can save one person only, do you save the sinner or the saint?

• Sinner

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Saint

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • I would cast lots

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Doesn't matter

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hopefully this is OK with forum rules. But I wanted to see what people think.

You've been exposed to a killer virus and your a vaccine maker. You had time to complete one dose of the new antidote. There are two people that are near death, and you can save one with the single dose of the antidote you have. One is a known sinner, the other is a saint. Which do you save?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK, I'll give my answer. But I think I would save the sinner as they still need to repent. The saint is probably already saved.

Reactions: Ziggy and Lambano

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK, I'll give my answer. But I think I would save the sinner as they still need to repent. The saint is probably already saved.
If they're a known sinner, it sounds like a fairly reliable pattern. What makes you think they will repent?

Better question: What makes you think God will "draw them to Jesus"?
John 6:44

What would God want you to do? Save the one who committed themselves to God or the one who dishonored him to that very day?

Could be an interesting debate actually.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If they're a known sinner, it sounds like a fairly reliable pattern. What makes you think they will repent?

Better question: What makes you think God will "draw them to Jesus"?
John 6:44

What would God want you to do? Save the one who committed themselves to God or the one who dishonored him to that very day?

Could be an interesting debate actually.
Yeah I thought about that. God was going to destroy the sinners when Moses talked him out of it. He saves the saints that obey him. So I was kinda torn to make my sinner saving decision. But I have too much compassion and mercy and know that some sinners will come around some day.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ONLY if they're called and given the gift of faith. :D

That'll put a burr in many hides. ;)

I'm not so sure about that. The bible talks about having had faith and becoming fallen. That they should be renewed to repentance. Or does this mean something else?:

Hebrews 6:4-6

4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hopefully this is OK with forum rules. But I wanted to see what people think.

You've been exposed to a killer virus and your a vaccine maker. You had time to complete one dose of the new antidote. There are two people that are near death, and you can save one with the single dose of the antidote you have. One is a known sinner, the other is a saint. Which do you save?

Tough question.

Maybe I would take it for myself, so I could make more.
Maybe I would let them decide between themselves.
Probably would take each of their hands and pray.

Reactions: dev553344

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Saints are still sinners, no one is free from the temptation of sin, even our feelings can be sins so I don't believe people when they say their sinless because everyone has felt anger, lust and envy before and they're sins.

I chose the unrepentant sinner but only if there is a chance that they will repent

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There is no correct answer here. If you choose one or the other based upon your perception of their righteousness then you are making the same conceit as Lucifer. Judgement belongs to God.

So what would you do in the op example?
Let them both die?

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
He that committeth sin is of the devil” (1 John 3:8)

In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil” (1 John 3:10)

I would save the saint first.

Of course sin comes from the devil and you are deceived if you think you are free from the temptations of the evil one
Have you never been angry before or felt envy or lust? You must not be human then.

By the way i like the way you used two totally different scriptures' out of context to join them to try and make a point that the bible never makes... Thats a sin. The bible never says we are free from sin. Not even Christ was. Your pride is so inflated you think your better than Jesus... Pride is Lucifers favourite sin

21 So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22 For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; 23 but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. 24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? 25 Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!

So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God’s law, but in my sinful nature a slave to the law of sin. Romans 7:21-25

Last edited:

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The bible never says we are free from sin

“But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you. Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.” (Romans 6:17-18)

you think your better than Jesus...

No I don’t.

But:

“It is enough for the disciple that he be as his master, and the servant as his lord. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebub, how much more shall they call them of his household?” (Matthew 10:25)

you used two totally different scriptures' out of context to join them to try and make a point that the bible never makes...

You don’t know the Bible very well.

Please get in the word as frequently as you can dear soul.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
“But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you. Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.” (Romans 6:17-18)

No I don’t.

But:

“It is enough for the disciple that he be as his master, and the servant as his lord. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebub, how much more shall they call them of his household?” (Matthew 10:25)

You don’t know the Bible very well.

Please get in the word as frequently as you can dear soul.

Paul talks about spiritual warfare and we could play scripture tennis all day but you avoided my question.
Have you never felt anger, envy or lust? Cos feelings are also sins, not only actions
You obviously have a huge amount of pride as you love to display how self righteous you think you are.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you love to display how self righteous you think you are

No. I love to demolish heresies with the hammer of the word of God!

we could play scripture tennis all day

You haven’t served a ball of scripture yet. We haven’t even begun a single round.

Have you never felt anger, envy or lust? Cos feelings are also sins

Anger is not sin (Jesus got angry Mark 3:5).

Envy? Lust? Yes, when I was lost without Christ.

Reactions: GEN2REV