While Assembling With The Saints

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
As we all know, there are many different perspectives and practices when it comes to the assembling of the saints together.

Paul had to address some of the issues of his day, and warned of wolves amongst the flock.

I find myself reflecting on nearly 67 years of association and fellowship with professing Christians, and the effect it has had on me as well as the effect I believe I may have had to date.

Heb 12:22-24 But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, to an innumerable company of angels, (23) to the general assembly and ekklesia of the firstborn who are registered in heaven, to God the Judge of all, to the spirits of just men made perfect, (24) to Jesus the Mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling that speaks better things than that of Abel.

For a number of years I was up front and centre in meetings and services, often bringing the message and also the service leader or logistics co-ordinator, as someone called it. I have also served on a board, and as treasurer, property manager, and transport facilitator, so the adage "If you want something done ask a busy person", has certainly applied to me.

I can't say I always enjoyed the demands, expectations, and burdens that weighed on me and I have come to the conclusion that often too much is required of those tasked with the "business" of keeping the local assemblies and their national oversights functioning.

What makes it more difficult is having to work with "saints" who engage in rivalry, but here I am, resting from it all, praising the Lord, and sharing some of my experiences with you, as well you may with me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy