• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello you,

There have been many great thinkers and people throughout the ages of life that have probably tired or attempted to answer the question.

Who am I? Who are we, as human beings? Or possibly what am I?

From my understanding the holy Bible gives us an account of creation in where God had created the universe from the stars in the outer sky, the clouds in the inner sky, the lands, snow head mountain tops, volcanos, valleys, deserts, and all of these like things.

It also mentions how God created man, named Adam, and from the rib of Adam; Woman: Eve. Both different in their nature and stature yet both equally valuable as the other.

One being made from red dirt, Adam, and the refinement of the creation of Adam from dirt from the now rib of man. Now it does not mention that these were the first ones created on earth unless you take the account of Genesis literally.

It could be possibly God had created people already, but decided to make the Garden of Eden in which it was the first place created of a people type who were walking and communicating with God.

Until of course they had disobeyed Gods commandment in which Eve had fallen for the snakes deception, yet saw the fruit as good for Adam and her to become wise, in understanding the knowledge of Good and Evil.

The question remains however, who am I? Who are we as human beings? Or possibly what am I?

My suggestion is that all people on this planet are creations of God, who are given a living, breathing soul, when they are born from conception, in which proceeds a baby with a heart/mind/will/emotion - soul, given by God.

To top it off, human beings now are given the ability to become children of God - by believing in the Lord Jesus Christ, who died, was buried and resurrected by God.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for reading @GaryAnderson , walking back home from my mothers house this thought came to me, and decided to write down and send it out for others to consider.
God bless.

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love reading these existential topics not just here but anywhere else. I consider myself a child of God and He is my Creator and we are his people.
Without Him, existence is meaningless or very dark. Even if we lived forever, without Him there would be no purpose. It would be like 2 people waiting on a third person who never shows up … for eternity.

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many philosophers have admitted that if we lived forever we would seek death because we’d be terribly bored.
I wish I could have saved a video I watched online many years ago where they did a psychology-based predictive study where if people didn’t die of disease, they showed probabilities that after a million years they’d die of an asteroid. Half a million years, a volcano, 100k years an earthquake. The list went on and on and the number one cause of death would be suicide after 1000 years. That’s how much the human mind can handle I guess.

This guy who I assume is an atheist, admits it here in this short interview : Andrew Stark on death: Why it’s still better than living forever

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Before we can fully grasp who we are in the greater scheme of things, we must first come to understand what the world is. Being born into this world we are most inclined to think of the Earth as our home. It is not. So then what is it, and who can answer except Him who created it...and therefore, shouldn't we like to hear what he has to say about it? We should. But we know that people would rather look for themselves and surmise their own conclusions, and many do. Even many who believe there is a God and Creator.

Regardless, He gives the answer right from the beginning...which he even makes personal so we can begin with ourselves and then gain additional knowledge from there. That first clue is that we were created in his "image," breaking it into half steps, as male and female. But the point is, that first example and explanation is that we are an "image", to which even in our human logic, we should say, well duh.. He made everything out of nothing! He spoke it. (As it is written)

We should have concluded that we are an image and so is everything else.

An image of what? And that puts us back to the original question.

To be continued...

Last edited:

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello you,

There have been many great thinkers and people throughout the ages of life that have probably tired or attempted to answer the question.

From my understanding the holy Bible gives us an account of creation in where God had created the universe from the stars in the outer sky, the clouds in the inner sky, the lands, snow head mountain tops, volcanos, valleys, deserts, and all of these like things.

It also mentions how God created man, named Adam, and from the rib of Adam; Woman: Eve. Both different in their nature and stature yet both equally valuable as the other.

One being made from red dirt, Adam, and the refinement of the creation of Adam from dirt from the now rib of man. Now it does not mention that these were the first ones created on earth unless you take the account of Genesis literally.

It could be possibly God had created people already, but decided to make the Garden of Eden in which it was the first place created of a people type who were walking and communicating with God.

Until of course they had disobeyed Gods commandment in which Eve had fallen for the snakes deception, yet saw the fruit as good for Adam and her to become wise, in understanding the knowledge of Good and Evil.

The question remains however, who am I? Who are we as human beings? Or possibly what am I?

My suggestion is that all people on this planet are creations of God, who are given a living, breathing soul, when they are born from conception, in which proceeds a baby with a heart/mind/will/emotion - soul, given by God.

To top it off, human beings now are given the ability to become children of God - by believing in the Lord Jesus Christ, who died, was buried and resurrected by God.
Ps 127:3

Reactions: MatthewG

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The earth or a little bit of earth?

"And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul." Gen 2:7

It seems to me that we, each of us, formed from the dust of the earth [ground] are the earth, the world. We are simply stewards of the little piece of earth which God created for us to take care of. Is this mine or simply my stewardship?

First the wrong way:

If then we were to take hold of the other side, the wrong choice, a choice which God allows, what then do you suppose would be the result?

"For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath." Matt 13:12

Or as Luke puts it:

"Take heed therefore how ye hear: for whosoever hath, to him shall be given; and whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken even that which he seemeth to have." Luke 8:18

If, we do things in ways, the Way that is, which pleases Him, then this little bit of earth will become ours. We will "inherit the earth". If we do inherit this "earth" then where will we be after that, if not in Him even as He is in us? Is that heaven? Is it even a physical place or is it a spiritual place which cannot be described? And what is it that we will be then?

"Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;
That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me." John 17:20-21

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is." I John 3:2

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello you,

People are advanced ape-like mammals. We have a close link to animals but are not animals. You might say that while God created all the animals, he created one of those animals to be more intelligent and instead of an animal it is a mammal, human beings. I've often wondered if God created more intelligent big cats on some planet of his, or other animals that he created to be genetically superior.

So while we're thinking about who we are, let's not put limits on God.

Last edited:
Reactions: GaryAnderson

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Before we can fully grasp who we are in the greater scheme of things, we must first come to understand what the world is. Being born into this world we are most inclined to think of the Earth as our home. It is not. So then what is it, and who can answer except Him who created it...and therefore, shouldn't we like to hear what he has to say about it? We should. But we know that people would rather look for themselves and surmise their own conclusions, and many do. Even many who believe there is a God and Creator.

Regardless, He gives the answer right from the beginning...which he even makes personal so we can begin with ourselves and then gain additional knowledge from there. That first clue is that we were created in his "image," breaking it into half steps, as male and female. But the point is, that first example and explanation is that we are an "image", to which even in our human logic, we should say, well duh.. He made everything out of nothing! He spoke it. (As it is written)

We should have concluded that we are an image and so is everything else.

An image of what? And that puts us back to the original question.

To be continued...
...That image of the world and the Earth and us in it as male and female, that mystery, is made clear in Christ, the bride and all that are included as the female, and as Christ [meaning] God as the male. Which is one female and one male, because God is One--in Him we are One, and under Him, as the bride is under her husband. It is an image. He has drawn a picture, a word picture come to life. But that life is the nothing of that created image, for it is only an image. However, the prayer of Christ is that it--this image, should be "on earth as it is in heaven." And what do the scriptures say? What things have we been told? That it is all as the world...as we know it? No, but as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, as the angels who have walked among us, as Christ who was among us, who walked through walls and appeared in different times and places, unrestricted as in the world. And the earth as more brilliant than sunrises and sunsets, and mountains more majestic, seas more spectacular--and love like we have only tasted.

In that image, and by the mystery of the marriage revealed, much of scripture is also male and female, often a prism of insight within that image that shows what is of God and what is of mankind. This is the word in Spirit. Read it again.

And "why" has God made mankind? That He might choose His bride...which picture is elaborated from the one bride of Christ, to a thousand of Solomon-- How much more in God.

But why?

"And the Lord God said, “It is not good that man [meaning God] should be alone; I will make him a helper comparable to him.”' Genesis 2:18

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who am I? Who are we? Or what am I?
OP^

Who am I?
A Created and Made and Remade man-Kind of creature;
via The Works of the Lord God Almighty according to His Pleasure.

Who are we?
Created and Made man-Kind of creatures;
With Freewill, Offerings, Options, Choices, to be Remade, or not.

What am I?
A living body, that was alive and dead the moment it was naturally born, with a living soul (that the life and soul) sort of on loan, because the soul and life therein, belongs to God, and a natural spirit, which developed over time, as it is simply an individuals truth in their hearts thoughts....and PER the REMAKE, of Gods Works....
My living body, that was alive and dead, became dead then alive, (got a good scrubbing in Jesus’ blood), and is kept by Christ (the power of God), to become dead, and raised alive forever...
Whew...
My living soul (which belongs to God), I get to presently keep, till my body dies, then God will take and Keep my/Gods living soul with Him, until my body is raised, Perfect...(way beyond what Hollywood sells and celebs buy up as if silicone was the greatest invention ever...lol) then I will have my/Gods living soul returned to my body.
And...
My natural spirit, (natural truth in my heart)....that was the BIG remaking Change...a bit of supernatural surgery...Heart circumcision...a new heart, (it didn’t hurt a bit, but rather amazingly was, out of “this” world), Gods Seed planted, and a new Truth (Gods Truth) born...(and a Plus for the Women...No labor pains)...and Gods Spirit of Truth, with an endless supply of (supernatural TRUTH Food), eating, still growing, maturing, more eating, more eating, more eating...(Seriously, the Best Endless Fast Food Ever)....and if you think you can not AFFORD it...
No issue, (no you or your g-kids will not be taxed for ever)...It is Free to you, Done Deal, Jesus Paid for it for you.
You simply need to take it, IF you want it.

Amazing Grace of our Great Lord God Almighty,
Taken

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i dunno scott, but prolly not? i mean, they had a word for "new" too i guess right
"New" simply refers to what comes after for those who are born of God. Even the old Earth was new, but "new" in that context refers rather to the "world to come", which was built to be inhabited.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you everyone for freely sharing openly and honestly your views and perceptions and some with scriptures.