1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Who appreciates Philippians? :)

Discussion in 'Fellowship Forum' started by farouk, Jan 12, 2019.

1. farouk

farouk Well-Known Member

Here is a great verse from chapter 1:

'...He that hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ'. (Philippians 1.6).

2. Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Love that verse! It assures me that even though I stumble now and then that He is still perfecting me my spiritual walk with him.

Acolyte and farouk like this.
  3. farouk

farouk Well-Known Member

Remind me of 'The path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day'. (Proverbs 4.18)

"ByGrace" likes this.
  4. Heart2Soul

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Sorry for the typo...lol.

5. farouk

farouk Well-Known Member

Didn't even notice... :)

Philippians is an amazing Epistle.

Pisteuo and "ByGrace" like this.
  6. Heart2Soul

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Or the verse that says He will make straight our crooked paths.

farouk likes this.
  7. Heart2Soul

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Honestly I am still a child needing much teaching and growth in the spiritual things. I am so thankful He is a loving Father and is patient and merciful.

Acolyte, Nancy and "ByGrace" like this.
  8. farouk

farouk Well-Known Member

The point of 1.6 I think is that it's God Himself that performs our growth. Much of a similar idea is in chapter 2 of Philippians where Paul says: 'It is God that worketh in you both to will and to do of His good pleasure'. (Philippians 2.13).

9. farouk

farouk Well-Known Member

Isaiah 42.16...

"ByGrace" and Heart2Soul like this.
  10. farouk

farouk Well-Known Member

Another great verse in Philippians:

Philiippians 4.13: 'I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me'.

"ByGrace" likes this.
  11. Episkopos

Episkopos Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada

I just posted this verse in another thread...kind of gives a lie to the very carnal idea that we enter into the finished work of Christ at the first step of our faith.

As for appreciating Philippians....I can't say as I ever met any.

12. "ByGrace"

"ByGrace" Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    :D Good one!

I love all of Pauls writings..for me, Ephesians is the top of them all. :)

Acolyte likes this.
  13. farouk

farouk Well-Known Member

I know what you mean; there was a Bible study series once on Ephesians, Acts 20 (Paul's charge to the Ephesian elders) and the Letter to the angle of the church at Ephesus in Revelation.

The Epistles complement each other; and each has its uniqueness also; and certainly Philippians has its uniqueness.

"ByGrace" likes this.
  14. Enoch111

Enoch111 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    What exactly are you suggesting? That sinners are NOT justified by grace through faith, and do not receive the righteousness of Christ at that very moment of believing on the Lord Jesus Christ and being saved?

If that is the case, you are not only contradicting Scripture, but promoting false doctrine. And what can be more carnal than that?

farouk likes this.
  15. farouk

farouk Well-Known Member

I don't get your point; and if I did understand it I would likely not agree.

16. Episkopos

Episkopos Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada

If you think you begin your walk at the finish line as so many misinformed people do these days....likely not.

"ByGrace" likes this.
  17. Enoch111

Enoch111 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada

Who does not? As in every Pauline epistle, there are wonderful and deep truths embedded in Philippians. One of the key passages is in chapter 2 (KJV).

1 If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies,
    2 Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.
    3 Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.
    4 Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.
    5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
    6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
    7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
    8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
    9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
    10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
    11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
    12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.
    14 Do all things without murmurings and disputings:
    15 That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;
    16 Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.

Heart2Soul and farouk like this.
  18. "ByGrace"

"ByGrace" Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    Agree, once we come to Christ...maturity is what it is all about.
    ie..the question being, Will we end up in Revelation 3 as the mature overcoming sons. = The fullness of our salvation...having- "made our calling and election sure"..
    "Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ "

Acolyte and Episkopos like this.
  19. farouk

farouk Well-Known Member

I read some of this passage today to someone in hospital. :)

Enoch111 likes this.
  20. farouk

farouk Well-Known Member