Who are the sons of God and the daughters of men

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Genesis 6:1-8
When human beings began to increase in number on the earth and daughters were born to them, 2 the sons of God saw that the daughters of humans were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose. 3 Then the Lord said, “My Spirit will not contend with humans forever, for they are mortal; their days will be a hundred and twenty years.”

4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of humans and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown.

5 The Lord saw how great the wickedness of the human race had become on the earth, and that every inclination of the thoughts of the human heart was only evil all the time. 6 The Lord regretted that he had made human beings on the earth, and his heart was deeply troubled. 7 So the Lord said, “I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created—and with them the animals, the birds and the creatures that move along the ground—for I regret that I have made them.” 8 But Noah found favor in the eyes of the Lord.

Many people believe that the sons of God were fallen angels who fornicated and had children with female human beings thus making the world so evil that God decided to destroy civilization. Could this really be? Could spiritual being really fornicate with human beings even though Paul taught us that heavenly bodies have a different splendor than human bodies in 1 Corinthians 15? Would God really allow this to happen? I believe not

I believe that the sons of God were the faithful line of God and that the daughters of men were the daughters of the unfaithful line of Cain.

In the previous chapters of Genesis we see that the descendants of Seth were faithful to God while the descendants of Cain were not. All we hear about the descendants of Cain is the great accomplishments they made but Seth's descendants were great men of God. The earth seamed quite peaceful up until this time so what changed?

God constantly warns the faithful to not dwell with the unfaithful throughout the Old Testament and there is a reason for this which is to keep the faithful from being corrupted. We read that the sons of God were only attracted to the daughters of men because they are beautiful not because they loved them so the reason why they fornicated with them was for lust not love.

Over time while dwelling with the unfaithful the faithful conformed to the ways of the unfaithful until the faithful came down to just one man Noah. The ways of the Lord was lost and the offspring of these people lived for themselves not for the Lord as the whole world became filled with wickedness and this was the reason that God decided to destroy almost all of the human race with the great flood.

God protected the line of the faithful and continued to do so throughout the bible. I believe that this kind of serves as warning to the church and will be the same reason that God will destroy the human race in the future by fire as the church is slowly conforming to the ways of the world.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Genesis 6:1-8
When human beings began to increase in number on the earth and daughters were born to them, 2 the sons of God saw that the daughters of humans were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose. 3 Then the Lord said, “My Spirit will not contend with humans forever, for they are mortal; their days will be a hundred and twenty years.”

4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of humans and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown.

5 The Lord saw how great the wickedness of the human race had become on the earth, and that every inclination of the thoughts of the human heart was only evil all the time. 6 The Lord regretted that he had made human beings on the earth, and his heart was deeply troubled. 7 So the Lord said, “I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created—and with them the animals, the birds and the creatures that move along the ground—for I regret that I have made them.” 8 But Noah found favor in the eyes of the Lord.

Many people believe that the sons of God were fallen angels who fornicated and had children with female human beings thus making the world so evil that God decided to destroy civilization. Could this really be? Could spiritual being really fornicate with human beings even though Paul taught us that heavenly bodies have a different splendor than human bodies in 1 Corinthians 15? Would God really allow this to happen? I believe not

I believe that the sons of God were the faithful line of God and that the daughters of men were the daughters of the unfaithful line of Cain.

In the previous chapters of Genesis we see that the descendants of Seth were faithful to God while the descendants of Cain were not. All we hear about the descendants of Cain is the great accomplishments they made but Seth's descendants were great men of God. The earth seamed quite peaceful up until this time so what changed?

God constantly warns the faithful to not dwell with the unfaithful throughout the Old Testament and there is a reason for this which is to keep the faithful from being corrupted. We read that the sons of God were only attracted to the daughters of men because they are beautiful not because they loved them so the reason why they fornicated with them was for lust not love.

Over time while dwelling with the unfaithful the faithful conformed to the ways of the unfaithful until the faithful came down to just one man Noah. The ways of the Lord was lost and the offspring of these people lived for themselves not for the Lord as the whole world became filled with wickedness and this was the reason that God decided to destroy almost all of the human race with the great flood.

God protected the line of the faithful and continued to do so throughout the bible. I believe that this kind of serves as warning to the church and will be the same reason that God will destroy the human race in the future by fire as the church is slowly conforming to the ways of the world.

YOu could believe that but the Scriptures say you are wrong.

Sons of God (bene Elohim) only appears three times in teh OT&- teh other two times (in JOb) are definitely angels, there is no warrant for this being the line of Seth.

1. Can't be very righteous if they are willing to be unequally yoked.
2. Were there no pretty daughters of Seth?
3. why would babies from humans be men of renown, the nephihlim and powerful?
4. I tis implied Seths line were all faithful- Scripture says nothing about that.

If we are to use words consistently the bene elohim would have to be angles.

Genesis 6
King James Version

6 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,

2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

3 And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

Seth and Cain were human and they both multiplied. Are you suggbesting teh word men here are only cains line?

Once again why would a normal union of tweo humans produice verse 4?

Reactions: marks

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Sons of God (bene Elohim) only appears three times in teh OT&- teh other two times (in JOb) are definitely angels, there is no warrant for this being the line of Seth.

4. I tis implied Seths line were all faithful- Scripture says nothing about that.

Genesis 6
King James Version

6 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,

2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

3 And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

Seth and Cain were human and they both multiplied. Are you suggbesting teh word men here are only cains line?

Thats not true the sons of God was also used for men.

Hosea 1:10
Verse Concepts
Yet the number of the sons of Israel
Will be like the sand of the sea,
Which cannot be measured or numbered;
And in the place
Where it is said to them,
“You are not My people,”
It will be said to them,
“You are the sons of the living God.”

We are all descendants of Adam and that is also how sin came into the world

1 Corinthians 15:22 ESV / 7 helpful votes
For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive.

Romans 5:12 ESV / 7 helpful votes
Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned—

What the daughters of men offered and what drew the sons of god to them was Autonomy

Autonomy

1. The right or condition of self-government.

A self-governing country or region.

• Freedom from external control or influence; independence.

Self-government · independence · self-rule · home rule · sovereignty ·

The daughters of men offered the sons of God the autonomy they desired. The sons of God saw the great accomplishments and advances of the sons of men. The sons of men lived a self-governed and independent life aside from God. This enticed the sons of God so they intermarried with the daughters of men and put aside the ways of the Lord and lived their own self determined lives.

We see the first example of autonomy in the Garden of Eden with Eve. Eve decided that she wanted more than the life God had determined for her she also wanted to be just like God. Satan knew this and tempted Eve and told her that she could have this if she ate the forbidden fruit.

Reactions: Helen

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The sons and daughters of God are human beings, the teaching of the angel/human intercourse creating Nephilim is a Koininia House "Chuch Missler" false teaching
Actually, this idea greatly predates Missler. This was the standard understanding of the Jews up until a few centuries after Christ. They believed that the watchers came down on Mount Hermon, and that the nephilim offspring, being killed in the flood, were the unclean spirits called so in Jesus' day.

If you want to do an interesting study, look at every place the word "rapha" appears in the OT. Use a concordance to pick up all the word forms.

Much love!

Reactions: TLHKAJ

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Verse Concepts
And in the place
“You are not My people,”
It will be said to them,

John 1:12-13 LITV
12) But as many as received Him, to them He gave authority to become children of God, to the ones believing into His name,
13) who were born not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but were born of God.

The reborn of God are called the sons of God.

Adam was called the son of God. Angels are called sons of God. And Christians are called sons of God. What is the common thread? Each came directly from God. Adam and the angels were created by God, and Christians are born of God.

Much love!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The sons and daughters of God are human beings, the teaching of the angel/human intercourse creating Nephilim is a Koininia House "Chuch Missler" false teaching

What audacity... it takes for someone to make such a FALSE CLAIM that someone in our modern era came up with the idea of the angels mating with flesh woman and produce the hybrid giant race?

For sure, it shows not only that person's Biblical illiteracy, but also their illiteracy about Christian Church history too...

Justin Martyr (2nd century A.D.):
“God, when He had made the whole world, and subjected things earthly to man, and arranged the heavenly elements for the increase of fruits and rotation of the seasons, and appointed this divine law – for these things also He evidently made for man – committed the care of men and of all things under heaven to angels whom He appointed over them. But the angels transgressed this appointment. and were captivated by love of women.” – Second Apology; Chapter V.

Irenaeus (circa. 202 A.D.):
“And for a very long while wickedness extended and spread, and reached and laid hold upon the whole race of mankind, until a very small seed of righteousness remained among them and illicit unions took place upon the earth, since angels were united with the daughters of the race of mankind; and they bore to them sons who for their exceeding greatness were called giants.” – A Discourse in the Demonstration of Apostolic Preaching; 18.

Tertullian (circa. 155-240 A.D.):
“We are instructed, moreover, by our sacred books how from certain angels, who fell of their own free-will, there sprang a more wicked demon-brood, condemned of God along with the authors of their race, and that chief we have referred to. It will for the present be enough, however, that some account is given of their work. Their great business is the ruin of mankind. So, from the very first, spiritual wickedness sought our destruction. They inflict, accordingly, upon our bodies diseases and other grievous calamities, while by violent assaults they hurry the soul into sudden and extraordinary excesses.” – Apology, Ch. XXII.

St. Ambrose (Bishop of Milan, 4th century A.D.):
“The giants (Nephilim) were on the Earth in those days.” The author of the divine Scripture does not mean that those giants must be considered, according to the tradition of poets, as sons of the earth but asserts that those whom he defines with such a name because of the extraordinary size of their body were generated by angels and women.” – Ambrose, On Noah, 4.8. Genesis 1-11, Volume 1 edited by Andrew Louth, Thomas C. Oden, Marco Conti

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who are the sons of God and the daughters of men
OP^

Elementary explanation:

Before mankind; God created; “holy celestial spirits beings, ie called Angels”; called “sons of God”.

How “many” Angels did God “create”?
Angels “AMOUNT”, are represented by the “number” of STARS in the sky’s.

Purpose of these “holy celestial spirit being Angels”?
Serve God. (Multiple assigned tasks...)

What if they do not LIKE their assigned task? Don’t want to Serve God?
Freewill. Can deflect, Do as “they” will.

Consequence? Lose their “estate”, their “holiness”, their “son-ship”, their “status”, etc.

After MANKIND, was created and made.
~ holy celestial spirit being Angels began receiving Assignments to Serve God, by being “ministering servants to Mankind”.

Mission...God sent,
“holy angel ministering servants to Earth to Mankind”....
and WOAH...
Cowabunga!!!
Hey, Gabriel, check this out...Earthly MEN...have Earthly WOMEN!!!
* Uh....settle down “fellow Angel”...You are sent to minister to Earthly MEN.
But, But, But, Gabriel...seriously “LOOK” AT THESE daughters of Earthly Men...”these WOMEN “things”... They are mesmerizingly Beautiful!
* Uh...get on about your business of ministering to Earthly MEN.
But, Gabriel...haven’t you heard what Earthly MEN have these Beautiful “WOMAN” things For? They ‘hook up’ in a Marriage thingy, hug, kiss, snuggle, and make more beautiful women. Seriously, These Earthly Men have pretty cool mission themselves. “I’m kind of digging that idea”.
* Uh, oh, “fellow Angel”, you are treading on a dangerous slippery slope.
Oh Gabriel, you are so ‘old school’, It’s no big deal to step over the line and try something new.
* Uh, oh, “fellow Angel”, wise up, that Beauty that mesmerizes you is temporary, it fades away; the smooth silky flesh will wither, hang from its bones, and the mane of hair shall dull, thin, fall from it’s beauty.
Oh Gabriel, pfft, what strange imaginations you have...

And so...curious unwise holy Angels, “sons of God”, “servants of God, sent to earth to minister to men”...Became side-tracked, by the Beauty of Women, and...? Seemingly decided Earthly Man had pretty cool thing going on, and freely elected to “adopt” ManKIND’S “ways” OVER the “WAY” God had created, made, prepared “THEM for”.

Bummer...Those such Angels, “lost” their holiness, estate, status, and to boot, There appears (to my knowledge), curiously, not ONE offspring of an angel and human woman; being a Female, beautiful or otherwise.

Seemingly...Giants, is an exclusive “big boys club”...no beautiful offspring daughters? Curse?

Ponder boys and girls. o_O

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Genesis 6
King James Version

Angel's Have Sex With Humans Making Nephilim?

It's A Fairy Tale Found In Greek Mythology, Once Upon A Time In Never, Never, Land

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, this idea greatly predates Missler. This was the standard understanding of the Jews up until a few centuries after Christ. They believed that the watchers came down on Mount Hermon, and that the nephilim offspring, being killed in the flood, were the unclean spirits called so in Jesus' day.

If you want to do an interesting study, look at every place the word "rapha" appears in the OT. Use a concordance to pick up all the word forms.

Much love!
No need to check anything out, Angel's don't maintain human sperm to procreate with humans, it's "Greek Mythology"

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What audacity... it takes for someone to make such a FALSE CLAIM that someone in our modern era came up with the idea of the angels mating with flesh woman and produce the hybrid giant race?

For sure, it shows not only that person's Biblical illiteracy, but also their illiteracy about Christian Church history too...

Justin Martyr (2nd century A.D.):
“God, when He had made the whole world, and subjected things earthly to man, and arranged the heavenly elements for the increase of fruits and rotation of the seasons, and appointed this divine law – for these things also He evidently made for man – committed the care of men and of all things under heaven to angels whom He appointed over them. But the angels transgressed this appointment. and were captivated by love of women.” – Second Apology; Chapter V.

Irenaeus (circa. 202 A.D.):
“And for a very long while wickedness extended and spread, and reached and laid hold upon the whole race of mankind, until a very small seed of righteousness remained among them and illicit unions took place upon the earth, since angels were united with the daughters of the race of mankind; and they bore to them sons who for their exceeding greatness were called giants.” – A Discourse in the Demonstration of Apostolic Preaching; 18.

Tertullian (circa. 155-240 A.D.):
“We are instructed, moreover, by our sacred books how from certain angels, who fell of their own free-will, there sprang a more wicked demon-brood, condemned of God along with the authors of their race, and that chief we have referred to. It will for the present be enough, however, that some account is given of their work. Their great business is the ruin of mankind. So, from the very first, spiritual wickedness sought our destruction. They inflict, accordingly, upon our bodies diseases and other grievous calamities, while by violent assaults they hurry the soul into sudden and extraordinary excesses.” – Apology, Ch. XXII.

St. Ambrose (Bishop of Milan, 4th century A.D.):
“The giants (Nephilim) were on the Earth in those days.” The author of the divine Scripture does not mean that those giants must be considered, according to the tradition of poets, as sons of the earth but asserts that those whom he defines with such a name because of the extraordinary size of their body were generated by angels and women.” – Ambrose, On Noah, 4.8. Genesis 1-11, Volume 1 edited by Andrew Louth, Thomas C. Oden, Marco Conti
You could quote a 100 historical figures, angels don't maintain human sperm nor do they procreate with humans

Scripture clearly teaches (The Sons Of God) "Married Women" Only Humans "Marry"!

Angels don't marry, read it below "Real Slow"!

Genesis 6:1-4KJV
1 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Verse Concepts
And in the place
“You are not My people,”
It will be said to them,

1 Corinthians 15:22 ESV / 7 helpful votes
For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive.

Romans 5:12 ESV / 7 helpful votes
Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned—

What the daughters of men offered and what drew the sons of god to them was Autonomy

Autonomy

1. The right or condition of self-government.

A self-governing country or region.

• Freedom from external control or influence; independence.

Self-government · independence · self-rule · home rule · sovereignty ·

The daughters of men offered the sons of God the autonomy they desired. The sons of God saw the great accomplishments and advances of the sons of men. The sons of men lived a self-governed and independent life aside from God. This enticed the sons of God so they intermarried with the daughters of men and put aside the ways of the Lord and lived their own self determined lives.

We see the first example of autonomy in the Garden of Eden with Eve. Eve decided that she wanted more than the life God had determined for her she also wanted to be just like God. Satan knew this and tempted Eve and told her that she could have this if she ate the forbidden fruit.

Was Adam looking for autonomy when he disobeyed God? The sons of God are not angels. The sons of God was exactly what Adam was. They knew Adam disobeyed God. Yet the sons of God were humans who could not disobey God.

You are talking about the wrong beings. The angels listened to Satan. They did not come to earth to procreate. Your logic breaks down. God would have to let angels come to earth against His Will. The sons of God were already on earth. They were humans just like Adam.

If Adam was such an issue, why allow the sons of God to coexist with Adam's fallen offspring?

When Jesus said the angels could not procreate, He was not joking. At what point would that ever change?

What part of Adam's death and disobedience, will you keep avoiding? Eve was directly connected to Adam. So death and sin as punishment was only to Adam's descendants. That is why Adam's declaration was recorded. God already knew the future sons of God would also follow after Adam. God allowed it to happen, even though it would cause strife between Him and them.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Was Adam looking for autonomy when he disobeyed God? The sons of God are not angels. The sons of God was exactly what Adam was. They knew Adam disobeyed God. Yet the sons of God were humans who could not disobey God.

You are talking about the wrong beings. The angels listened to Satan. They did not come to earth to procreate. Your logic breaks down. God would have to let angels come to earth against His Will. The sons of God were already on earth. They were humans just like Adam.

If Adam was such an issue, why allow the sons of God to coexist with Adam's fallen offspring?

When Jesus said the angels could not procreate, He was not joking. At what point would that ever change?

What part of Adam's death and disobedience, will you keep avoiding? Eve was directly connected to Adam. So death and sin as punishment was only to Adam's descendants. That is why Adam's declaration was recorded. God already knew the future sons of God would also follow after Adam. God allowed it to happen, even though it would cause strife between Him and them.

I think that you are confused about my post my point is that the sons of God were humans not angels

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Before mankind; God created; “holy celestial spirits beings, ie called Angels”; called “sons of God”.

If sons of God were ever described as angels, it it would make this a lot easier.
This set of scriptures indicates that the Nephilims already existed in that time period, not necessarily connected to this event.
Biblically it is never explained exactly who or what impregnated these women.
All that information occurs outside of the Bible.
It is generally assumed that these beings were from above and not human.

Last edited:

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
It is only by the Divine specific act of creation that any created being can be called "a son of God". For that which is "born of the flesh is flesh". God is spirit, and that which is "born of the Spirit is spirit" (John 3:6). Hence Adam is called a "son of God" in Luke 3:38. Those "in Christ" having "the new nature" which is by the direct creation of God (2Cor. 5:17. Eph. 2:10) can be, and are called "sons of God" (John 1:13. Rom. 8:14, 15. 1John 3:1). (*1)

This is why angels are called "sons of God" in every other place where the expression is used in the Old Testament. Job 1:6; 2:1; 38:7. Ps. 29:1; 89:6. Dan. 3:25 (no art.). (*2) We have no authority or right to take the expression in Gen. 6:2, 4 in any other sense. Moreover, in Gen. 6:2 the Sept. renders it "angels". Angels are called "spirits" (Ps. 104:4. Heb. 1:7, 14), for spirits are created by God.

That there was a fall of the angels is certain from Jude 6.
  • The nature of their fall is clearly stated in the same verse. They left their own oiketerion. This word occurs only in 2Cor. 5:2 and Jude 6, where it is used of the spiritual (or resurrection) body.

• The nature of their sin is stated to be "in like manner" to that of the subsequent sins of Sodom and Gomorrha, Jude 7.

• The time of their fall is given as having taken place "in the days of Noah" (1Pet. 3:20. 2Pet. 2:7), though there may have been a prior fall which caused the end of "the world that then was" (Gen. 1:1, 2. 2Pet. 3:6).

• For this sin they are "reserved unto judgment", 2Pet. 2:4, and are "in prison", 1Pet. 3:19.

• Their progeny, called Nephilim (translated "giants"), were monsters of iniquity; and, being superhuman in size and character, had to be destroyed (see Ap. 25). This was the one and only object of the Flood.

• Only Noah and his family had preserved their pedigree pure from Adam (Gen. 6:9, see note). All the rest had become "corrupt" (shachath) destroyed [as Adamites]. the only remedy was to destroy it (de facto), as it had become destroyed (de jure). (It is the same word in v. 17 as in vv. 11, 12.) See further under Ap. 25 on the Nephilim.
This irruption of fallen angels was Satan's first attempt to prevent the coming of the Seed of the woman foretold in gen. 3:15. If this could be accomplished, God's Word would have failed, and his own doom would be averted.
As soon as it was made known that the Seed of the woman was to come through ABRAHAM, there must have been another irruption, as recorded in Gen. 6:4, "and also after that" (i.e. after the days of Noah, more than 500 years after the first irruption). The aim of the enemy was to occupy Canaan in advance of Abraham, and so to contest its occupation by his seed. For, when Abraham entered Canaan, we read (Gen. 12:6) "the Canaanite was then (i.e. already) in the land."
In the same chapter (Gen. 12:10-20) we see Satan's next attempt to interfere with Abraham's seed, and frustrate the purpose of God that it should be in "Isaac". This attempt was repeated in 20:1-18.
This great conflict may be seen throughout the Bible, and it forms a great and important subject of Biblical study. In each case the human instrument had his own personal interest to serve, while Satan had his own great object in view. Hence God had, in each case, to interfere and avert the evil and the danger, of which his servants and people were wholly ignorant. The following assaults of the great Enemy stand out prominently :--
  • The destruction of the chosen family by famine, Gen. 50:20.

• The destruction of the male line in Israel, Ex. 1:10, 15, &c. Cp. Ex. 2:5. Heb. 11:23.

• The destruction of the whole nation in Pharaoh's pursuit, Ex. 14.

• After David's line was singled out (2Sam. 7), that was the next selected for assault. Satan's first assault was in the union of Jehoram and Athaliah by Jehoshaphat, notwithstanding 2Chron. 17:1. Jehoram killed off all his brothers (2Chron. 21:4).

• The Arabians slew all his children, except Ahaziah (2Chron. 21:17; 22:1).

• When Ahaziah died, Athaliah killed "all the seed royal" (2Chron. 22:10). the babe Joash alone was rescued; and, for six years, the faithfulness of Jehovah's word was at stake (2Chron. 23:3).

• Hezekiah was childless, when a double assault was made by the King of Assyria and the King of Terrors (Isa. 36:1; 38:1). God's faithfulness was appealed to and relied on (Ps. 136).

• In Captivity, Haman was used to attempt the destruction of the whole nation (Est. 3:6, 12, 13. Cp. 6:1).

• Joseph's fear was worked on (Matt. 1:18-20). Notwithstanding the fact that he was "a just man", and kept the Law, he did not wish to have Mary stoned to death (Deut. 24:1); hence Joseph determined to divorce her. But God intervened : "Fear not".

• Herod sought the young Child's life (Matt. 2).

• At the Temptation, "Cast Thyself down" was Satan's temptation.

• At Nazareth, again (Luke 4), there was another attempt to cast Him down and destroy Him.

• The two storms on the Lake were other attempts.

• At length the cross was reached, and the sepulcher closed; the watch set; and the stone sealed. But "God raised Him from the dead." And now, like another Joash, He is seated and expecting (Heb. 10:12, 13), hidden in the house of God on high; and the members of "the one body" are hidden there "in Him" (Col. 3:1-3), like another Jehoshaba; and going forth to witness of His coming, like another Jehoiada (2Chron. 23:3).

The irruption of "the fallen angels" ("sons of God") was the first attempt; and was directed against the whole human race.
  • When Abraham was called, then he and his seed were attacked.

• When David was enthroned, then the royal line were attacked.

• And when "the Seed of the woman" Himself came, then the storm burst upon Him.

(*1) The word "offspring" in Acts 17:28 is quite different. It is genos, which means merely kin or kind, our genus as being originated by God.
(*2) In Hos. 1:10, it is not beni-ha-Elohim, as here, but beni-el-chai.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Job 38:3 "Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou Me."

This is God's advise to Job. Stand up like a man, for I am going to tell you a few things, and I will demand an answer of you. In these early days men wore long robes, and when they were about to do some serious work and walking, they drew the back side of their robe between and through their legs, and tied it to their belt in front. This is to "gird up now thy loins like a man", for there is going to be some serious discussion and God wanted Job alert.

Job 38:4 "Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding."

God is asking Job, but directing the question to Elihu as well as Job; where were you when I laid the foundation of this earth age. God is letting Elihu know that nothing that he has said came from Me, so don't put words in My mouth.

Job 38:5 "Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?"

Who has determined the measurement of the sun, moon, and earth, and placed the line or signs of the constellations around the earth?

Job 38:6 "Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;"

God is asking, what holds this earth exactly where it is, do you know Job? do you know Elihu? Stop and think for a moment of all the laws of God, those dealing with gravity, with magnetism, with heat and pressures and all the other things that go to make up the atmosphere of the earth that we live on, and rely on for our life, as we live here in these flesh bodies. This sets our Heavenly Father in a class all by Himself. Man is nothing compared to the Creator.

Job 38:7 "When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for Joy?"

Who were these "sons of God" [the stars that sang], and when did these sons of God sing for Joy? We are talking about the angels here, that sang before the establishment of this earth age of the flesh. All souls were there and Satan also was there with all of them. Some how the people of this earth age are trying to forget Satan and the role that he played at the rebellion in that first earth age. We see that Satan was not in the conversation with Job and his friends at this time. They all have overlooked the overall plan of God. However had Job known the plan of God, where would he have been then, when the foundations of this earth were laid and the angels were rejoicing? Of course He would have been there with the rest of them, where we all were. You see, we the elect of God were chosen before the foundations of this earth were laid, and so was Job.

Ephesians 1:4 "According as He hath chosen us in Him before the foundation of the world [age], that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love:"

Ephesians 1:5 "Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children of Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will,"

Even though others were hearing this speaking of God, Job would probably be the only one that would understand what God was saying. This verse says a lot more than what is translated into the English, for most ears are not able to hear with understanding.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If sons of God were ever described as angels, it it would make this a lot easier.

Job 38:
[4] Where wast thou (Job, Grailhunter, Mankind) when I (the LORD) laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.

[7] When (the LORD laid the foundations of the earth and) the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

This set of scriptures indicates that the Nephilims already existed in that time period, not necessarily connected to this event.
Biblically it is never explained exactly who or what impregnated these women.

All that information occurs outside of the Bible.

Job 38:
[2] Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge?

Glory to God,
Taken

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that you are confused about my post my point is that the sons of God were humans not angels
I was not necessarily disagreeing with you, other than pointing out that angels were definitely not the sons of God.

It was Adam that disobeyed God, not necessarily Eve.

If you really want my point of contention, since I never directly stated it: is who you think were in the right and who were wrong:

Makes for an allegory or perhaps sensible lessons for life's application. Definitely not Scripture. Even John in 1 John 3 states:

"For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another. Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous."

Certainly this is an application, not a literal fact, as your point states angels cannot procreate. Eve did not procreate with an Angel, Satan, to give birth to Cain. Obviously it meant Cain listened to Satan more than to God. In Genesis 4 it does not say what Cain produced was evil. It was not pleasing to God. What was evil was Cain killing his brother.

Cain was never punished with death like Adam and Seth were. Did you notice that in Genesis 4, no one even died? Until a descendent of Cain "bragged" about killing a person. On the other hand, Seth's descendants all died.

The facts are that Cain's line was still in the image of God as created on the 6th day. Seth's line was in Adam's dead image and all died. It would not make sense to say Seth was the godly line, and Cain was not. None of Cain's descendants were cursed with Adam's fallen nature because Cain did one evil act. All of Seth's descendants died because they were in Adam's fallen image. Except Enoch. In fact this verse is telling:

"And to Seth, to him also there was born a son; and he called his name Enos: then began men to call upon the name of the Lord."

Enos was the first one to call on the name of the Lord.

"And Seth lived an hundred and five years, and begat Enos:"

Adding 105 and 130, Adam's age when Seth was born, gives us 235 years. The descendants of Adam did not call out to God for at least 235 years after being banned from the Garden. Sorry but Seth was the line producing those daughters of man, who corrupted the sons of God, offspring of those created on day 6.

I am not even talking about Cain's offspring. I am talking about many all over the earth. None of that even matters as only Noah and 7 others, surviving God's destruction, were left to once again procreate on the earth. Obviously not all the sons of God turned to sin and wickedness. They certainly never lived on earth again after the Flood. We were never really told much about them at all, but they did exist, and they were not angels.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You could quote a 100 historical figures, angels don't maintain human sperm nor do they procreate with humans

And you can try and come up with 1,000 excuses not to believe the Genesis 6 and Jude 6-7 Scripture as written, and it still will not change the existence of a hybrid giant race per Old Testament history.