WHO ARE THE TWO WITNESSES IN REVELATION ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
i really wanna know can you say me it

A member of this board has publicly stated that the two witnesses will appear in the Springtime of next year. Their appearance will be, he says, unmistakeable. If what he asserts is true then you’ll know them - we’ll all know them - in a very short while now.

Reactions: dev553344

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Word of God, and the Gospel or Perhaps Jesus? Not sure.

Holy999

Feb 18, 2020
stockholm
Faith
Christian
Country
Sweden
A member of this board has publicly stated that the two witnesses will appear in the Springtime of next year. Their appearance will be, he says, unmistakeable. If what he asserts is true then you’ll know them - we’ll all know them - in a very short while now.
source=?

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

Listen up! I am going to explain in great detail what will happen in the world in the next 4 years, according to the scriptures…. First the two witnesses of Revelation will appear in the spring of next year, in 2023. They will appear in Nisan 15 according to the Jewish calendar, in the morning in Jerusalem time, the day after Passover.They will serve as the last warning to the world, but the world will not understand and will hate them and will seek to kill them. But anyone who tries to harm them will be incinerated with fire. They will appear in two different cities, dressed in sackcloth. They will be imbued with power to prophesy and strike the world with plagues. They will be the two most powerful prophets the world has ever seen. They will also shut the sky so that it doesn't rain in the world. So a global drought will also accompany their coming. The rivers and lakes of the world will dry up, progressively. Hydroelectric plants will begin to fail. Crops and animals will die because of the drought. Trees and plants and grass will begin to turn brown and dry up everywhere in the world. There will be food and drinking water shortages everywhere in the world. Markets will begin to empty. The two witnesses of Revelation will also destroy the Dome of the Rock that currently stands on Mount Moriah, in Jerusalem. Then the Jews will begin to construct the third temple on Mount Moriah, where the previous two temples stood. This will happen in preparation for the return of Yeshua, because Yeshua will initially begin to rule the earth from the temple in Jerusalem. The Al-Aqsa mosque will remain standing. …

Bold is mine.

Reactions: Nancy

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, the two witnesses already showed up. You both missed it.
Yes, today we call them the Old Testament and the New Testament, respectively. One or both may be on any one (or possibly all) of... your bookshelf, coffee table, and/or bedside table. :)

To be more clear, in agreement with Revelation as a whole, we find here in Revelation 11 a symbolic vision of Christian witness. rather than two individuals, past, present or future. The two witnesses are two lampstands (Revelation 11:4). The pattern here is that of Zechariah 4:1-14 (two olive trees on the right and left of the lampstand), and Moses and Elijah (two men who represented the Law and the Prophets and thus the whole of the Old Testament, last seen at Jesus's transfiguration), and the lampstand churches of Revelation 1:20 (there are seven lampstand churches which together make up the second lampstand). So the two witnesses are as follows:
  • The "first witness" of Revelation 11 is Israel as it was before the coming of Christ ~ Old Israel, the Israelites, the Old Testament, ethnic Jews only
  • The "second witness" of Revelation 11 is Israel as it exists now since the coming of coming, crucifixion, and resurrection of Christ and the coming of the Holy Spirit ~ New Israel, all the Israel of God, the New Testament Church of Jesus Christ, which includes Jew and Gentile
Grace and peace to all.

Last edited:

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay a member of the board. When I fist saw that I thought you meant a staff member.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, today we call them the Old Testament and the New Testament, respectively. One or both may be on any one (or possibly all) of your bookshelf, coffee table, or bedside table. :)

Grace and peace to all.
I've seen this answer before from SDAs

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Okay a member of the board. When I fist saw that I thought you meant a staff member.

I’m sorry about the confusion. The member I was referring to isn’t a staff member. I should have been more clear about that in my post.

Thanks for letting me know. I appreciate the feedback. If you thought that then very likely others did, or may have, too.

Reactions: RLT63

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A member of this board has publicly stated that the two witnesses will appear in the Springtime of next year.
So that makes it authoritative? :) Was what they said inspired by God? :) Just, um, hackin' at ya. :)

Grace and peace, Matthias.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
So that makes it authoritative? :) Was what they said inspired by God? :) Just, um, hackin' at ya. :)

Grace and peace, Matthias.

No. I’ve challenged it and he maintains that it is absolutely certain. Everyone will know if he’s right or wrong in a few months. Most importantly, he will know. I’ve expressed my concern for him when his prophecy fails, as I believe it will. He doubled down. The fall will be a hard one.

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. I’ve challenged it and he maintains that it is absolutely certain. Everyone will know if he’s right or wrong in a few months. Most importantly, he will know. I’ve expressed my concern for him when his prophecy fails, as I believe it will. He doubled down. The fall will be a hard one.
Okay, so he says it's absolutely certain, but acknowledges the possibility that he may be wrong?

giphy.gif

Hey, does he claim to be the second coming of Harold Camping?

giphy.gif

:) Grace and peace to you.

Reactions: Matthias

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The date setter further asserts that all who disagree with him (“idiots”) will be destroyed.

If he’s right, we be hosed.

Anyone persuaded by that?

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, today we call them the Old Testament and the New Testament, respectively. One or both may be on any one (or possibly all) of... your bookshelf, coffee table, and/or bedside table. :)

To be more clear, in agreement with Revelation as a whole, we find here in Revelation 11 a symbolic vision of Christian witness. rather than two individuals, past, present or future. The two witnesses are two lampstands (Revelation 11:4). The pattern here is that of Zechariah 4:1-14 (two olive trees on the right and left of the lampstand), and Moses and Elijah (two men who represented the Law and the Prophets and thus the whole of the Old Testament, last seen at Jesus's transfiguration), and the lampstand churches of Revelation 1:20 (there are seven lampstand churches which together make up the second lampstand). So the two witnesses are as follows:
  • The "first witness" of Revelation 11 is Israel as it was before the coming of Christ ~ Old Israel, the Israelites, the Old Testament, ethnic Jews only
  • The "second witness" of Revelation 11 is Israel as it exists now since the coming of coming, crucifixion, and resurrection of Christ and the coming of the Holy Spirit ~ New Israel, all the Israel of God, the New Testament Church of Jesus Christ, which includes Jew and Gentile
1. Grace and peace to all.
The two witnesses are John the Baptist and Jesus.
They are the only two people, who ever had the Holy Spirit upon their physical birth.
They quite literally do fulfill the prophecy of the Two Anointed ones in KJV Zechariah 4[14] Then said he, These are the two anointed ones, that stand [fast, firm] by [for] the LORD of the whole earth.

2. When heaven opened, and Jesus was transfigured before the disciples that were present, they saw two angels, as Jesus said they would.
John 1:51.

Last edited:

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe so, but I am most assuredly not a Seventh-Day Adventist. But hey, SDAs do have some things right... :)

Grace and peace to you, RLT.
"All the churches have some of His truth, but none of the churches have all of His truth"- Earburner.

"There can always be more than one lie, but there can never be more than one truth".- Earburner

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The two witnesses are John the Baptist and Jesus.
Disagree. Have you ever witnessed, Earburner? Are you a witness for Christ and the Gospel? If so, then that makes you an agent of the second witness, which, again, is not to say that the second witness is actually a person, past present or future.

"All the churches have some of His truth, but none of the churches have all of His truth"
Generally, I agree, but certainly some have much more than others. And some "churches" have virtually no truth.

Grace and peace to you.