Who Do You Worship?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Exodus 20:3: “You shall have no other gods before Me.”

Titus 2:13: "waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ,"

John 5:18
18 "This was why the Jews were seeking all the more to kill him, because not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God."

Matthew 2:11
11 "And going into the house, they saw the child with Mary his mother, and they fell down and worshiped him. Then, opening their treasures, they offered him gifts, gold and frankincense and myrrh."

Luke 24:52
52 "And they worshiped him and returned to Jerusalem with great joy,"

If Jesus is not God incarnate, why do we worship Him? His identity itself is divine! And, He ain't no "angel"! Archangel or any other kind of angel.

5 Bible Verses about Angels Not To Be Worshipped

Revelation 22:8-9
I, John, am the one who heard and saw these things. And when I heard and saw, I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who showed me these things. But he *said to me, “Do not do that. I am a fellow servant of yours and of your brethren the prophets and of those who heed the words of this book. Worship God.”

Matthew 4:9-10
and he said to Him, “All these things I will give You, if You fall down and worship me.” Then Jesus *said to him, “Go, Satan! For it is written, ‘You shall worship the Lord your God, and serve Him only.’”

Luke 4:7-8
Therefore if You worship before me, it shall all be Yours.” Jesus answered him, “It is written, ‘You shall worship the Lord your God and serve Him only.’”

Romans 1:25
"For they exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen."

Colossians 2:18
"Let no one keep defrauding you of your prize by delighting in self-abasement and the worship of the angels, taking his stand on visions he has seen, inflated without cause by his fleshly mind,"

Source: 5 Bible verses about Angels Not To Be Worshipped

So then, how do those who worship angel/angels get past these verses? Seems they might have to jump through a whole lotta hoops to make this into "a" truth...?

I am truly interested in what some of our beloved JW's have to say about this...please though, not a million para's...I'm slow like that :D

Last edited:

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
"Am I only a nearby God? Can you hide? I fill heaven and earth" (Jeremiah 23:23-4)
Jesus said "God is a spirit, and his worshippers must worship in spirit and in truth." (John 4:24)

So because God is an invisible spirit that fills the universe, we have to "tune in" to him and "mindmeld" with him and Jesus.-
Jesus said "On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you" (John 14:20)

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Funny and fitting. No, hang around you have refreshing words of truth. I was a part of that audience, and did not want you to leave either...

As Jesus, the Son of God said,
John 4:23-24 (NASB) “But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers. 24 “God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”

Reactions: Matthias

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Funny and fitting. No, hang around you have refreshing words of truth. I was a part of that audience, and did not want you to leave either...

As Jesus, the Son of God said,
John 4:23-24 (NASB) “But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers. 24 “God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”

Thank you.

@Nancy wants to hear from JW’s in this thread. I’m not a JW. I extend my apologies to her if my post hinders JW’s from responding or takes her thread off topic.

I think it’s important to hear from the JW’s and to compare their answer(s) with what Jesus would say if he were asked the question which Nancy directed to them.

Jesus as a witness to Jehovah compared with the witness of others (JW and/or non-JW) to Jehovah is compelling reading.

Reactions: Nancy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gen 15:1 After these things the word of the LORD came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward.

Who/What is the word of the Lord?
Who spoke with Abram in a dream?

Num 22:18 And Balaam answered and said unto the servants of Balak, If Balak would give me his house full of silver and gold, I cannot go beyond the word of the LORD my God, to do less or more.

Is the word of the Lord and God synonymous?

The word comes from God, it is God's word, the word is with God before he even speaks it.

Jhn 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Jhn 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.
Jhn 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Jhn 1:4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
Jhn 1:5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

And God said, Let there be Light.

Jhn 1:10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
Jhn 1:11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
Jhn 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Jhn 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

And God said, Let us make man in our image and in our likeness.

Jhn 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Question:
This word that was made flesh, is this Adam or God?
Hugs

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What would Jesus of Nazareth say if we were to put the question to him?

“Who do you worship, Jesus?”
Lets lengthen this to , What version of JESUS do you worship . Cause if its a version that contradicts the bible one
I have seriously bad new for folks that follow the other jesus . It cant save and it only deceives and allures to the one god
that man has always loved above all gods , THE GOD OF SELF . JESUS DONT PANDER TO THAT GOD . NEVER HAS NEVER WILL
but along comes satan who can also bring the name of jesus but beware that self feeding one , cause its the one that serveth the dragon
who feedeth the desires of mans carnal nature . That god cant save .and the image of the jesus it brings cannot save either .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gen 15:1 After these things the word of the LORD came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward.

Who/What is the word of the Lord?
Who spoke with Abram in a dream?

Num 22:18 And Balaam answered and said unto the servants of Balak, If Balak would give me his house full of silver and gold, I cannot go beyond the word of the LORD my God, to do less or more.

Is the word of the Lord and God synonymous?

The word comes from God, it is God's word, the word is with God before he even speaks it.

Jhn 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Jhn 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.
Jhn 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Jhn 1:4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
Jhn 1:5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

And God said, Let there be Light.

Jhn 1:10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
Jhn 1:11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
Jhn 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Jhn 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

And God said, Let us make man in our image and in our likeness.

Jhn 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Question:
Hugs
its the WORD that created all things . And GOD is his word and his word became flesh . exactly dear sister .

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lets lengthen this to , What version of JESUS do you worship . Cause if its a version that contradicts the bible one
I have seriously bad new for folks that follow the other jesus . It cant save and it only deceives and allures to the one god
that man has always loved above all gods , THE GOD OF SELF . JESUS DONT PANDER TO THAT GOD . NEVER HAS NEVER WILL
but along comes satan who can also bring the name of jesus but beware that self feeding one , cause its the one that serveth the dragon
who feedeth the desires of mans carnal nature . That god cant save .and the image of the jesus it brings cannot save either .

There is only one Jesus. There are no "versions", nor is there another Jesus.

Now if you're claiming that you have a perfect, infallible knowledge of whom Jesus is, why not let us know. (And try using correct English for once.)

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You want to see something scary????
This is what the world worships, and I just can't get my mind around it.

Hugs

Reactions: Heart2Soul

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Question:
Hugs
Neither, the word(s) or expressions of God or the logos of God the Father, became the word(s) or voice of Jesus. And neither is Jesus the source of the expressions or voice of God and nor is Jesus God. God the Father claims the word or logos for himself that came into his Son since birth, as the Father's expression of the same mind and purpose.
As you pointed out with a few examples for the OT, the logos of word(s) of God, the Father, or YHWH were spoken to various people through proxies, such as the angels and the prophets especially.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As you pointed out with a few examples for the OT, the logos of word(s) of God, the Father, or YHWH were spoken to various people through proxies, such as the angels and the prophets especially.
Well, whoever spoke to Abram he must of had a special key to get inside his dreams.
Just sayin..
Hugs

Reactions: Nancy

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You want to see something scary????
This is what the world worships, and I just can't get my mind around it.

Hugs

Stop watching YouTube. It is a cesspool of lies and half-truths! You can even find "evidence" for Bigfoot and the invasion of Earth by aliens.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What would Jesus of Nazareth say if we were to put the question to him? “Who do you worship, Jesus?”
Here's what He would say: I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty... I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last... Fear not; I am the first and the last: I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

So the direct answer would be " I am the One who is worshipped. Therefore your question is foolish and impertinent!"

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Here's what He would say: I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty... I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last... Fear not; I am the first and the last: I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

So the direct answer would be " I am the One who is worshipped. Therefore your question is foolish and impertinent!"

That’s not the answer he would give in response to the question he was asked. That’s your answer, placed in his mouth.

Jesus would answer that he worshipped his God.

Reactions: Aunty Jane and APAK

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus would answer that he worshipped his God.
Since Jesus is God the Creator and Redeemer, He does not worship God the Father. And the Father calls Him "God". Thus all the fulness of the Godhead dwells in Christ bodily. Therefore He would definitely give you that answer.

Reactions: dhh712