Who Goes to Heaven.....and What Will They Do There?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I see Christians all the time taking for granted that they are going to heaven....but what makes you think so?

Some questions......
1) If you think that you are heaven bound, what do you imagine that you will do in heaven that you cannot do on earth?

2) Are all Christians going to heaven?

3) Why do you think humans are going to heaven when God made us to live forever on earth?

4) What is the purpose of taking humans to heaven when God has millions of angels already there, none of whom needed life on earth to qualify?

Help me understand your reasoning.....scripturally.

Reactions: dev553344

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I see Christians all the time taking for granted that they are going to heaven....but what makes you think so?

Some questions......
1) If you think that you are heaven bound, what do you imagine that you will do in heaven that you cannot do on earth?

3) Why do you think humans are going to heaven when God made us to live forever on earth?

4) What is the purpose of taking humans to heaven when God has millions of angels already there, none of whom needed life on earth to qualify?

1) visiting is not a bad idea.
2) That's where Jesus takes them after the rescue mission
3) For a visit....at least 1000 yrs....how about that!
4) What is the point of going to Bondi beach....it already has enough folk enjoying themselves

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Some questions......

When I die I'm going to go to be with Jesus. Philippians 1:23

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
1) visiting is not a bad idea.
2) That's where Jesus takes them after the rescue mission
3) For a visit....at least 1000 yrs....how about that!
4) What is the point of going to Bondi beach....it already has enough folk enjoying themselves
Right...so that's it? No scripture? You can do better than that surely....?

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
When I die I'm going to go to be with Jesus. Philippians 1:23
How do you know that applies to you?

If it does, what will you do "with Jesus"?

You see this thread is to ascertain whether those who think they are going to heaven actually are.....?

If you are of the elect, then you know exactly what you are going to do with Jesus in heaven.....

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If I gave you scriptures would it make any difference to your view. I doubt it.
I asked for scripture to indicate what those who go to heaven will do there.....do you have any that are not cryptic....o_O

Is this hedging.....or do you actually know what role those who go to heaven will play?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I asked for scripture to indicate what those who go to heaven will do there.....do you have any that are not cryptic....o_O

Is this hedging.....or do you actually know what role those who go to heaven will play?
Revelation 20:4-6 ...there ya go!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you know that applies to you?
Because I have the ever-increasing measure of the qualities of the Spirit. They confirm my calling and election:

"5For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; 6and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; 7and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. 8For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9But whoever does not have them is nearsighted and blind, forgetting that they have been cleansed from their past sins.

10Therefore, my brothers and sisters, a make every effort to confirm your calling and election. For if you do these things, you will never stumble, 11and you will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ." 2 Peter 1:5-11

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Because I have the ever-increasing measure of the qualities of the Spirit. They confirm my calling and election:

"5For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; 6and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; 7and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. 8For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9But whoever does not have them is nearsighted and blind, forgetting that they have been cleansed from their past sins.

10Therefore, my brothers and sisters, a make every effort to confirm your calling and election. For if you do these things, you will never stumble, 11and you will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ." 2 Peter 1:5-11
OK, so the spirit would have given you some idea of your role in the heavenly kingdom in line with what Jesus revealed to John in his Revelation? That is what the anointing did for the first Christians who expressed some doubts as to how and when the Kingdom would “come” to Israel? (Acts 1:6-8) This was when Jesus was leaving to return to heaven, so he told them to wait for the power of the Holy Spirit and that what they needed to know would be revealed.....It was called the “sacred mystery” (1 Corinthians 2:6-16; Romans 16:25-26; Colossians 1:26-28) If you have received such an anointing, then that knowledge and comprehension would already be yours. But even then, because revelation of truth is progressive, not all the details were received at once. The “chosen ones” have no doubt about their destination. It is not simply a desire to be with their Lord....but they understand what they will be doing and why.

I hope you realise that not all Christians receive that anointing (election) because of what it means. We can all grow in spiritual qualities by reading God’s word and applying what we learn....but not all have the anointing for heaven. (Hebrews 3:1; Philippians 3:14)
If you understand what the kingdom of God is, then you will know what part the elect play in it.

If you are a Christian without that knowledge and comprehension, then heaven is not your destination.....but you can still be saved, because the other destination the Bible speaks of is the reward of all the faithful, and it is also something to long for. The Bible speaks of two destinations, with two different resurrections that enable everlasting life.

Even those long dead will benefit because they will be resurrected to enjoy the life that God purposed for his earthly children from the start. (John 5:28-29; Revelation 21:3-4)

Heaven is reserved only for those who are taken into the new covenant, which began when Jesus sacrificed his life to redeem mankind, and the role of his early apostles and disciples was clearly set out in their teachings after receiving the Holy Spirit at Pentecost. They would preach about God’s Kingdom “to the most distant part of the earth” with a clear understanding of what it is.

Can you tell me what God’s kingdom is and what part the elect play in it?

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Revelation 20:4-6 ...there ya go!
Citing scripture without comment is pretty pointless.....tell me exactly what you think this means.

Revelation 20 is actually one of my favourite passages of scripture....it reveals so much detail.
So what is this saying to you? You tell me what it says to you, then I will tell you what it says to me.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Citing scripture without comment is pretty pointless.....tell me exactly what you think this means.

Revelation 20 is actually one of my favourite passages of scripture....it reveals so much detail.
So what is this saying to you? You tell me what it says to you, then I will tell you what it says to me.
Revelation is full of cryptic expressions and you tell me you don't understand cryptic language yet you say you like Revelation and with saying that I'm assuming you understand it?

You want scripture when I don't post it and when I do you say you want comment.....kind of odd don't you think?

You asked me what the resurrected will be doing in heaven....I have given you a scripture describing their activity. Perhaps you can tell me what you think it's referring to.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus promised if you believe in Him you will be saved and have eternal life!

1 John 2:25 This is the promise which He Himself made to us: eternal life.

Titus 1:2 in the hope of eternal life, which God, who cannot lie, promised long ages ago,

1 John 5:11 And the testimony is this, that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son.

1 John 5:13 These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life.

John 3:15 so that whoever believes will in Him have eternal life.

John 10:28 and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand.

John 5:24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

John 3:36 He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.”

John 6:68 Simon Peter answered Him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have words of eternal life.

1 John 5:12 He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life.

John 4:1 but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him shall never thirst; but the water that I will give him will become in him a well of water springing up to eternal life.”

Matthew 25:46 These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

1 John 5:20 And we know that the Son of God has come, and has given us understanding so that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life.

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

John 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

John 6:40 For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who beholds the Son and believes in Him will have eternal life, and I Myself will raise him up on the last day.”

John 20:31 but these have been written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing you may have life in His name.

John 6:27 Do not work for the food which perishes, but for the food which endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give to you, for on Him the Father, God, has set His seal.”

Matthew 7:14 For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it.

The Promise of Heaven is the same.

John 14:2
Matthew 6:20-21
2 Corinthians 5:1-8
I Corinthians 2:9
Hebrews 11:16

After the Millennial Kingdom, the first earth and heavens will be destroyed and a new heaven and earth created.
Revelation 21:1-2

If you think that you are heaven bound, what do you imagine that you will do in heaven that you cannot do on earth?
Heaven is just like earth only perfect. When we see Yosemite Valley, Kauai, Bora Bora, or whatever you can imagine as the most beautiful place, they look great from a distance. But as we get closer we see imperfections, rotting trees infested with bugs, diseases. Heaven is perfect, no defects. It is a spiritual realm where you can do whatever you enjoy doing here but with complete joy and peace. Talents that many people are not aware of or have not exercised in this life will be fully realized. I play guitar and sing. That is what I will be doing. Whatever we have found in this life that has given us and others pleasure but also a sense of purpose and accomplishment will be realized. Many people have not found their talents. Something has held them back: fear of rejection, lack of confidence and faith, lack of encouragement by parents and others, lack of opportunities, whatever, they just never realize their purpose of gift. In heaven they will. More important though, we will worship and serve God.
The Millennial Kingdom will be rid of evil and sin temporarily and all inhabitants will be Christians. But towards the end of that age, Satan will be released for a short time. There still will be sin, so it won't be perfect. Babies will be born in this kingdom and so will have to receive the LORD by faith as well. People and animals will live in peace for most of this time but still, heaven is perfect.

Are all Christians going to heaven?
Jesus promises all.
"After these things I saw, and behold, a great multitude, which no man could number, out of every nation and of all tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, arrayed in white robes, and palms in their hands; and they cry out with a loud voice, saying,
Salvation to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb. And all the angels were standing around the throne and around the elders and the four living creatures; and they fell on their faces before the throne and worshiped God, saying,
“Amen, blessing and glory and wisdom and thanksgiving and honor and power and might, be to our God forever and ever. Amen.”
Then one of the elders answered, saying to me, “These who are clothed in the white robes, who are they, and where have they come from?” I said to him, “My lord, you know.” And he said to me, “These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. For this reason, they are before the throne of God; Revelation 7:9-15

Why do you think humans are going to heaven when God made us to live forever on earth?
The first earth will be destroyed and pass away ... or did you not read and understand Revelation 21:1-2 ?
"But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the earth and its works will be burned up." 2 Peter 3:10

What is the purpose of taking humans to heaven when God has millions of angels already there, none of whom needed life on earth to qualify?
To be with God and in His wonderful and beautiful spiritual realm.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Revelation is full of cryptic expressions and you tell me you don't understand cryptic language yet you say you like Revelation and with saying that I'm assuming you understand it?
It’s not the language so much as the interpretation......people tend to read into scripture what is not there, are they often omit details that are important.

You want scripture when I don't post it and when I do you say you want comment.....kind of odd don't you think?

You asked me what the resurrected will be doing in heaven....I have given you a scripture describing their activity. Perhaps you can tell me what you think it's referring to.
This seems to be a favourite tactic with you QT. Can you never just answer a direct question? It is the mental gymnastics involved in responding to you that is tiring.....
wacko

Revelation 20:1-8 has some details that are important along with the verses you cited.

“Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, holding in his hand the key to the bottomless pit and a great chain. And he seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years, and threw him into the pit, and shut it and sealed it over him, so that he might not deceive the nations any longer, until the thousand years were ended. After that he must be released for a little while.”

This gives us information that is important because satan and his demons are not around when the Kingdom begins its rule over earth. They are safely imprisoned, unable to interfere with anything that is done on earth or in heaven. We are safe from their influence until the thousand year reign of Christ and his elect have ended. After that satan is let loose for "a little while".
One final test, once humanity is brought to the same sinless perfection that Adam enjoyed at the beginning, and the ones who pass that test will then be granted everlasting life, right here on earth, as it was meant to be.

"Then I saw thrones, and seated on them were those to whom the authority to judge was committed. Also I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for the testimony of Jesus and for the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years."

So the elect are seated on thrones and they are given authority to judge, after they have been resurrected.
In what sense did they "come to life"? They are resurrected as spirit creatures to life in heaven. "Born again" to a new life in a different realm and in a different body.

Who are they judging?

The "souls" of those who were beheaded (martyred) for the witness they bore to Jesus and God's word. There have been many down through the centuries who have lost their lives at the hands of the "church" as much as at the hands of unbelievers. But since the Revelation is also about our time (the time of the end) there is also a "beast" that is worshipped, and it wants its mark on the people (an indication of slavery) and it wants to maintain its worship.....for the people to obey them as they force their authority on them in a more and more deceitful ways. The ruler of this world is satan the devil (1 John 5:19) and he is a puppeteer behind the world's political leaders....in fact all its failed systems of government. Democracy is dying and totalitarianism is just around the corner. We know what we are observing but we also have to know where we are in the big scheme of things.

"The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is the one who shares in the first resurrection! Over such the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ, and they will reign with him for a thousand years."

The "first resurrection" is first in time and importance because the elect (chosen ones) need to be in position when the final showdown comes. Just before Armageddon begins, the elect who have remained on earth till that time, will be gathered....instantly transformed because these ones will not need to "sleep" in death as Paul said of the chosen ones from the first century onward. (1 Thessalonians 4:13) All who are of that group are resurrected ahead of the majority of mankind because when the general resurrection takes place, (John 5:28-29) everything will be ready and in place to care for them.

When it says that "the rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended" that means that "the rest of the dead" do not include the elect. For these, it means reaching the purpose of the thousand years of education and refinement given by the King and his assistants, to those who will need to pass the final test...only then will everlasting life be granted to the tried, tested and faithful. Those in heaven have already proven "faithful unto death".

"And when the thousand years are ended, Satan will be released from his prison and will come out to deceive the nations that are at the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them for battle; their number is like the sand of the sea." (Revelation 20:1-8. ESV)

So there is no number on those who will pass the final test....but they will be a majority, unlike the final judgement on this world where the survivors will be "few", in a minority. (Matthew 7:13-14)

That one final test will be for mankind who have attained the same level of sinlessness that Adam was created with. Then the devil will try and deceive these ones as he did Eve, who then tempted her husband to follow her in disobedience. Satan will have no new tactics, so we already know how he operates. There will be no excuses then because sin will be eradicated.

Jesus proved that a sinless human can remain faithful to death, thereby showing that Adam too could have resisted the temptation put before him. Self-interest is what took the devil into sin, and he tempted the humans with exactly the same thing. (James 1:13-17-5)

Now...over to you.
I cannot explain things deep and meaningful in 50 words or less.....

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It’s not the language so much as the interpretation......people tend to read into scripture what is not there, are they often omit details that are important.

This seems to be a favourite tactic with you QT. Can you never just answer a direct question? It is the mental gymnastics involved in responding to you that is tiring.....
wacko

Revelation 20:1-8 has some details that are important along with the verses you cited.

“Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, holding in his hand the key to the bottomless pit and a great chain. And he seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years, and threw him into the pit, and shut it and sealed it over him, so that he might not deceive the nations any longer, until the thousand years were ended. After that he must be released for a little while.”

This gives us information that is important because satan and his demons are not around when the Kingdom begins its rule over earth. They are safely imprisoned, unable to interfere with anything that is done on earth or in heaven. We are safe from their influence until the thousand year reign of Christ and his elect have ended. After that satan is let loose for "a little while".
One final test, once humanity is brought to the same sinless perfection that Adam enjoyed at the beginning, and the ones who pass that test will then be granted everlasting life, right here on earth, as it was meant to be.

"Then I saw thrones, and seated on them were those to whom the authority to judge was committed. Also I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for the testimony of Jesus and for the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years."

So the elect are seated on thrones and they are given authority to judge, after they have been resurrected.
In what sense did they "come to life"? They are resurrected as spirit creatures to life in heaven. "Born again" to a new life in a different realm and in a different body.

Who are they judging?

The "souls" of those who were beheaded (martyred) for the witness they bore to Jesus and God's word. There have been many down through the centuries who have lost their lives at the hands of the "church" as much as at the hands of unbelievers. But since the Revelation is also about our time (the time of the end) there is also a "beast" that is worshipped, and it wants its mark on the people (an indication of slavery) and it wants to maintain its worship.....for the people to obey them as they force their authority on them in a more and more deceitful ways. The ruler of this world is satan the devil (1 John 5:19) and he is a puppeteer behind the world's political leaders....in fact all its failed systems of government. Democracy is dying and totalitarianism is just around the corner. We know what we are observing but we also have to know where we are in the big scheme of things.

"The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is the one who shares in the first resurrection! Over such the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ, and they will reign with him for a thousand years."

The "first resurrection" is first in time and importance because the elect (chosen ones) need to be in position when the final showdown comes. Just before Armageddon begins, the elect who have remained on earth till that time, will be gathered....instantly transformed because these ones will not need to "sleep" in death as Paul said of the chosen ones from the first century onward. (1 Thessalonians 4:13) All who are of that group are resurrected ahead of the majority of mankind because when the general resurrection takes place, (John 5:28-29) everything will be ready and in place to care for them.

When it says that "the rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended" that means that "the rest of the dead" do not include the elect. For these, it means reaching the purpose of the thousand years of education and refinement given by the King and his assistants, to those who will need to pass the final test...only then will everlasting life be granted to the tried, tested and faithful. Those in heaven have already proven "faithful unto death".

"And when the thousand years are ended, Satan will be released from his prison and will come out to deceive the nations that are at the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them for battle; their number is like the sand of the sea." (Revelation 20:1-8. ESV)

So there is no number on those who will pass the final test....but they will be a majority, unlike the final judgement on this world where the survivors will be "few", in a minority. (Matthew 7:13-14)

That one final test will be for mankind who have attained the same level of sinlessness that Adam was created with. Then the devil will try and deceive these ones as he did Eve, who then tempted her husband to follow her in disobedience. Satan will have no new tactics, so we already know how he operates. There will be no excuses then because sin will be eradicated.

Jesus proved that a sinless human can remain faithful to death, thereby showing that Adam too could have resisted the temptation put before him. Self-interest is what took the devil into sin, and he tempted the humans with exactly the same thing. (James 1:13-17-5)

Now...over to you.
I cannot explain things deep and meaningful in 50 words or less.....
I do not find your interpretation(s) persuasive....in fact, as mentioned elsewhere, I find it nothing more than eisegesis

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I do not find your interpretation(s) persuasive....in fact, as mentioned elsewhere, I find it nothing more than eisegesis
LOL...that is not my problem...I'm just the messenger. You can find or miss whatever you like. :D

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You use the term "Heaven" when Eternity is actually seen in the New Heaven, Earth, Jerusalem, this is described in Revelation chapters 21 & 22

New Jerusalem with those glorious streets of gold, river and tree of life, with fruit for food, its gonna be good!

Various other parts of scripture gives a glimpse, Ezekiel chapters 47-48 shows fish, fishermen, fishing nets, around the river of life

Isaiah 65 shows houses are built, vineyards are planted, animals are seen with the wolf and lamb feeding together, the lion eating straw like a bull

Looks like a return to the garden of eden, good thing there's fish and fishermen, I love to fish!

Jesus Is The Lord

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Promise of Heaven is the same.
The promise is to the elect....not to all. Only a select "few" have "the heavenly calling". (Hebrews 3:1)

Paul addressed his first letter to the Corinthians....
"To the church of God that is in Corinth, to those sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints together with all those who in every place call upon the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, both their Lord and ours:"
So not all are "saints" as these are "together with all those who in every place call upon the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, both their Lord and ours".

If those taken to heaven are to be "kings and priests" (Revelation 20:6) then who are their subjects, and for whom do they perform their duties as priests? There are no sinners in heaven....and kings do not rule one another.

In all your copy and pasted quotes all I see is "believe" and "everlasting life"...
What does it mean to "believe"? (James 2:19) You think that's all there is to being a Christian?
What is "everlasting life" and is it the same as "immortality"?
Its important to know....

All pertain to the elect. The Christians scriptures were written for the elect, by the elect....
What is written does not apply to all Christians, but mainly to the elect directly....and to the saved Christians who will live on earth, indirectly.

Those faithful ones from the OT had the hope of the Kingdom....but did not get to see it operational.
When Abraham was seventy-five years old, he entered the Promised Land, which was then a country foreign to him and occupied by foreign people. He died at the age of one hundred and seventy-five years. On this account he was a man without a country for a whole century—quite a time. His son Isaac, born to him in this foreign land not yet given to Abraham, was likewise a man without a country, but for even a longer period of time—for one hundred and eighty years. Isaac’s son, Jacob, to whom the divine promise was passed along, was a man without a country for one hundred and thirty years before he was called down to Egypt, where he died. Yet, at his own request, this patriarch of one hundred and forty-seven years of age was buried in the Promised Land, the land of Canaan. (Genesis 50:1-14)

What was it that strengthened those three patriarchs to hold on in a foreign land and not to return to the prosperous city of Ur of the Chaldeans? What helped them to endure in the alien land of Canaan and its false worship for two hundred and fifteen years (1943 to 1728 B.C.E.) all together? It was their faith in Jehovah and in the reliability of his unbreakable promise. (Hebrews 11:9, 10, 13-16)

After the Millennial Kingdom, the first earth and heavens will be destroyed and a new heaven and earth created.
Revelation 21:1-2
There is nothing to suggest that the earth itself will be destroyed at all. There is nothing wrong with the planet...it is only the disobedient and degraded human race that needs removing.
"And he did not refrain from punishing an ancient world, but kept Noah, a preacher of righteousness, safe with seven others when he brought a flood upon a world of ungodly people." (2 Peter 2:5) The world of the ungodly will again be destroyed.

The "new heavens" is not a new Universe, because there is nothing wrong with the one that has existed since the beginning of material creation....the "new earth" is not a replacement for the one we have now. Like the earth of Noah's day, it was cleansed by God of wicked mankind, but the planet did not go anywhere.
Ecclesiastes 1:4..
"A generation is going, and a generation is coming,
But the earth remains forever."

(Psalm 78:69; Psalm 104:5)

Heaven is just like earth only perfect.
Who said? Heaven is nothing like earth....the spirit realm is not a visible realm and those who have had visions of it were hard pressed to describe it in human terms.

The garden of Eden was a perfect paradise but the first humans, through disobedience, lost it. Jesus came to pay the debt that Adam left for his children, so that we could get back what he lost. Paradise will be right here on earth...the place where God put humans in the first place. This is where everlasting life was meant to be lived.

Jesus promises all.
"After these things I saw, and behold, a great multitude, which no man could number, out of every nation and of all tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, arrayed in white robes, and palms in their hands; and they cry out with a loud voice, saying,
Salvation to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb. And all the angels were standing around the throne and around the elders and the four living creatures; and they fell on their faces before the throne and worshiped God, saying,
“Amen, blessing and glory and wisdom and thanksgiving and honor and power and might, be to our God forever and ever. Amen.”
Then one of the elders answered, saying to me, “These who are clothed in the white robes, who are they, and where have they come from?” I said to him, “My lord, you know.” And he said to me, “These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. For this reason, they are before the throne of God; Revelation 7:9-15
This is after seeing the 144,000 "bought from the earth as firstfruits" standing on the heavenly Mt Zion with the Lamb. (Revelation 14:1-5)
This "great multitude" are seen as survivors of "the great tribulation" and are also saved Christians. There are two groups...one resurrected to heaven to rule in God's Kingdom with his Christ....and those who will be their subjects on earth, when God restores his first purpose for humankind. (Isaiah 55:11) The earth is about to undergo another cleansing.

The first earth will be destroyed and pass away ... or did you not read and understand Revelation 21:1-2 ?
"But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the earth and its works will be burned up." 2 Peter 3:10
Not really a good translation. Other translations give a different meaning to the last part of that verse...
Instead of "burned up" they translate "disclosed"..."laid bare"..."found out"... ..."exposed"..."discovered". So, not a consensus on the meaning there.
Strongs gives the meaning of "heyriskō" as...
  1. to come upon, hit upon, to meet with
    1. after searching, to find a thing sought
    2. without previous search, to find (by chance), to fall in with
    3. those who come or return to a place
  2. to find by enquiry, thought, examination, scrutiny, observation, to find out by practice and experience
    1. to see, learn, discover, understand
    2. to be found i.e. to be seen, be present
    3. to be discovered, recognised, detected, to show one's self out, of one's character or state as found out by others (men, God, or both)
    4. to get knowledge of, come to know, God
  3. to find out for one's self, to acquire, get, obtain, procure
In the NT this word is invariably translated as "find" or "found" so "burned up" does not seem to fit here.
This would indicate that "the earth and its works will be discovered"...or disclosed...or found out.
No burning.

To be with God and in His wonderful and beautiful spiritual realm.
That's it? you have no idea what you will do in heaven? That indicates to me that you are not one of the elect. These know exactly what they have been chosen for.