Who is HE?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

sho

Oct 14, 2020
Naples
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
  • Jesus Christ means "YAHWEH is the savior and the anointed one"
  • YAHWEH means "HE is"
  • Jesus Christ means "HE is the savior and the anointed one"
So tell me now, who is HE?

Reactions: Nancy

sho

Oct 14, 2020
Naples
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Who is HE? Who is the savior and the anointed one, who is HE?

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
  • Jesus Christ means "YAHWEH is the savior and the anointed one"
  • YAHWEH means "HE is"
  • Jesus Christ means "HE is the savior and the anointed one"
So tell me now, who is HE?

"He" is all in all...HE just...is. was. and always will be. Mind blowing, yes? :) He is Lord AND Savior...Provider, lover of your soul, amen.

Who can know Him? Even Moses could barely face the light from God walking away from him. We have seen Jesus? Then, we have seen God.

Reactions: amadeus and sho

sho

Oct 14, 2020
Naples
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Isaiah 43:10
Ye are my witnesses, saith YAHWEH, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am HE. Before me no God was formed, and after me there will be none.

John 18:4-6
Jesus said to them: Whom seek ye? They answered him, Jesus the Nazarene. Jesus said to them: I am HE. Now when he said to them, I am HE, they drew back and fell to the ground.

Who is HE?

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The One whose face David was told to seek and David agreed to do so. He is the One who is now seen by many through a glass darkly, but the if going inthe right direction it will then be a "face to face" vision.

"When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, LORD, will I seek." Psalm 27:8

"For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known." I Cor 13:12

"Where there is no vision, the people perish:.." Prov. 29:18

Reactions: Nancy

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Before Him no God was formed; and after Him there will be none.
Good verse, so if No God is before... "HIM".... how can there be a three person Godhead, when clearly "HIM" is a single desigination of Person?.

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good verse, so if No God is before... "HIM".... how can there be a three person Godhead, when clearly "HIM" is a single desigination of Person?.

PICJAG
In that the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are the same Person (same Spirit, same Lord, same God, 1 Corinthians 12:4-6);

but that the distinction only exists in the incarnation and death of Jesus Christ.

That the Son is distinct from the Father in that He is in the flesh.

And the Holy Ghost is distinct from the Father in that He has lived a human life (see Luke 23:46) and therefore understand humanity (and is therefore able to make intercession for us, Romans 8:26-27).

The Spirit of Jesus is the Father (John 4:23-24, John 14:7-11) and is also the Holy Ghost (see Luke 23:46).

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In that the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are the same Person (same Spirit, same Lord, same God, 1 Corinthians 12:4-6);

but that the distinction only exists in the incarnation and death of Jesus Christ.

That the Son is distinct from the Father in that He is in the flesh.

And the Holy Ghost is distinct from the Father in that He has lived a human life (see Luke 23:46) and therefore understand humanity (and is therefore able to make intercession for us, Romans 8:26-27).

The Spirit of Jesus is the Father (John 4:23-24, John 14:7-11) and is also the Holy Ghost (see Luke 23:46).
first thanks for the reply, second, this is the same one person, correct. now how did this ONE person become distinct? remember, you said, "In that the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are the same Person (same Spirit, same Lord, same God, 1 Corinthians 12:4-6)".
so if it the SAME ONE PERSON, (which it is), is distinct, as you said, "That the Son is distinct from the Father in that He is in the flesh" HE?, HE?, HE? is not "he" the same one Person? but did not "HE" as you said, was HE not G2758 κενόω kenoo (ke-no-ō') while in that FLESH? scripture, Philippians 2:7 "But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:"
so JBF, tell us how did "HE" the ONE PERSON, G2758 κενόω kenoo himself while in the flesh and yet upheld the UNIVERSE?.... well.

Remember.. "In that the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are the same Person (same Spirit, same Lord, same God, 1 Corinthians 12:4-6)"

so if the SAME PERSON, how did the ONE SAME PERSON in Flesh, in a G2758 κενόω kenoo state run, or upheld all creation?

Looking to hear your answer......

PICJAG

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
He is the Christ according to Jesus

John 4
25The woman said to him, “I know that Messiah is coming (he who is called Christ). When he comes, he will tell us all things.” 26Jesus said to her, “I who speak to you am he.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He is the Christ according to Jesus

John 4
25The woman said to him, “I know that Messiah is coming (he who is called Christ). When he comes, he will tell us all things.” 26Jesus said to her, “I who speak to you am he.
is he "GOD?" yes or no

PICJAG

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
is he "GOD?" yes or no

PICJAG

i cant answer that the bible does not say. one can make an opinion, an educated guess and believe Jesus is the Most High, but if they start teaching this opinion as scripture its a bit boastful IMO.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i cant answer that the bible does not say. one can make an opinion, an educated guess and believe Jesus is the Most High, but if they start teaching this opinion as scripture its a bit boastful IMO.
nonesense, the bible tells us clearly..... just one of many, Matthew 1:23 "Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us."

do you believe "God" was with us in the person of Christ as you quoted from John 4? yes or no.

PICJAG

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
first thanks for the reply, second, this is the same one person, correct. now how did this ONE person become distinct? remember, you said, "In that the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are the same Person (same Spirit, same Lord, same God, 1 Corinthians 12:4-6)".
so if it the SAME ONE PERSON, (which it is), is distinct, as you said, "That the Son is distinct from the Father in that He is in the flesh" HE?, HE?, HE? is not "he" the same one Person? but did not "HE" as you said, was HE not G2758 κενόω kenoo (ke-no-ō') while in that FLESH? scripture, Philippians 2:7 "But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:"
so JBF, tell us how did "HE" the ONE PERSON, G2758 κενόω kenoo himself while in the flesh and yet upheld the UNIVERSE?.... well.

Remember.. "In that the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are the same Person (same Spirit, same Lord, same God, 1 Corinthians 12:4-6)"

so if the SAME PERSON, how did the ONE SAME PERSON in Flesh, in a G2758 κενόω kenoo state run, or upheld all creation?

Looking to hear your answer......

PICJAG

The Father, being an eternal Spirit who inhabits eternity, cannot cease to dwell in eternity as an eternal Spirit; not even when He descended to become the Son, taking on an added nature of human flesh.

So, He both went forward to become the Son, and remained behind in eternity to rule and reign over the Universe.

Because He did not vacate eternity when He descended and became the Son.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, He both went forward to become the Son, and remained behind in eternity to rule and reign over the Universe.
Good, so how did the ONE PERSON become ..... "BOTH?".

your answer please.

PICJAG

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good, so how did the ONE PERSON become ..... "BOTH?".

your answer please.

PICJAG
He shifted out of eternity into time...and in doing so He did not cease to dwell in eternity.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
nonesense, the bible tells us clearly..... just one of many, Matthew 1:23 "Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us."

do you believe "God" was with us in the person of Christ as you quoted from John 4? yes or no.

PICJAG
the bible does not say clearly Jesus is the Most High, if it did there would be a passage where Jesus tells us, I am the Most High, there is no such passage. all Hebrew names had Hebrew meanings. many of them Honoring the Father.

of course the Most High was with them when Jesus was with them, He came in His Fathers name, He had the spirit of the Father in Him. that does not make Jesus the Father, thats the Father working through Jesus, Jesus even teaches its the Father doing the work, not Him. if Jesus was the Most High He would not need the power of someone else, the Most High does not need assistance from anyone.

Last edited:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the bible does not say clearly Jesus is the Most High, if it did there would be a passage where Jesus tells us, I am the Most High, there is no such passage. all Hebrew names had Hebrew meanings. many of them Homering the Father.

of course the Most High was with them when Jesus was with them, He came in His Fathers name, He had the spirit of the Father in Him. that does not make Jesus the Father, thats the Father working through Jesus, Jesus even teaches its the Father doing the work, not Him. if Jesus was the Most High He would not need the power of someone else, the Most High does not need assistance from anyone.
Revelation 1:8 "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty."
and who is the Lord? let the bible tell us, John 13:13 "Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am."
WELL, Jesus is "Lord", and he's the Almighty. that prove you in ERROR, for the Bible do say he's the Most High. is the passage clear enough?

now from the Lips of the Lord Jesus, John 14:1 "Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me." BINGO.

now one MORE, Philippians 2:6 "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:" and form here is Nature, meaning "Spirit".

now g momey... :) is there anyone "EQUAL" with God? if so post scripture, with book, chapter, and verse. well Jesus just told you that he is God, and there is only ONE "GOD".

cain't wait for your answer.

now don't go off on a tanget, just answer my question.... please.

thanks in advance.

PICJAG

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the bible does not say clearly Jesus is the Most High, if it did there would be a passage where Jesus tells us, I am the Most High, there is no such passage. all Hebrew names had Hebrew meanings.

Does not the name "I AM" have a Hebrew meaning, out of Exodus 3:14?

See John 8:58. Jesus breaks normal grammatical usage to make a claim here.

The scribes and Pharisees understood His claim. They picked up stones to stone Jesus for blasphemy (John 8:59, John 10:31-33).

Previous to that, Jesus told them that their acceptance of Him as the great I AM was essential to salvation (John 8:24).

It didn't quite register in their minds at that point. But when he said it a second time (John 8:58), it registered.

He had the spirit of the Father in Him. that does not make Jesus the Father,

What makes Jesus the Father is:

1) He is the Lord (see Ephesians 4:5; Matthew 11:25, Luke 10:21; 1 Corinthians 12:3 (kjv), 1 Corinthians 8:6).

2) Jesus says to Philip, How is it that you have not known me, Philip? He that hath seen me hath seen the Father... in John 14:7-11.

Jesus even teaches its the Father doing the work, not Him.

It is not the human Jesus doing the work but the Divine Jesus...the Spirit of Jesus, who is the Father (John 4:23-24, John 14:7-11), is responsible for doing the miracles.

Jesus does not take credit for the miracles in His humanity; He gives all of the credit to the indwelling Father.