Who is Jesus Christ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(Matt. 16:13) "...Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?"

(Matt. 16:15) "...whom say ye that I am?

Peter answered, "...Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God."

(Matt. 16:17), "...Blessed art thou Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Stranger

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good topic, Jesus is the Son of God in Flesh, (per John 1:14). but Jesus, without flesh is God, the Spirit whom many calls Father, (per John 1:3)

Reactions: Nancy

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Who is Jesus Christ?
The Gospel of John gets to this point immediately and directly. that's why it is highly recommended to those who are unfamiliar with the Bible. John was writing by divine inspiration (as were all the other Evangelists), but he was directed to take a different approach to the Gospel. And John chapter one clearly gives us the answer to the above question:

JOHN 1
JESUS IS GOD
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. [the Son]

JESUS WAS ALWAYS WITH GOD THE FATHER
2 The same was in the beginning with God. [the Father]

JESUS IS GOD THE CREATOR
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

JESUS IS BOTH THE LIFE AND THE LIGHT OF MEN
4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

THE LIGHT OF CHRIST CANNOT BE OVERCOME BY DARKNESS
5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

GOD SENT JOHN THE BAPTIZER TO POINT MEN TO CHRIST
6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.

JOHN WOULD BEAR WITNESS TO THE DEITY OF CHRIST
7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.

JOHN WAS THE FORERUNNER FOR CHRIST
8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.

JESUS IS THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD
9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

JESUS WAS REJECTED BY THE WORLD
10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

JESUS WAS REJECTED BY ISRAEL
11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

THOSE WHO BELIEVE ON CHRIST BECOME CHILDREN OF GOD
12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

THOSE WHO BELIEVE ON CHRIST ARE BORN OF GOD
13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

THE ETERNAL WORD -- CHRIST -- BECAME A MAN
14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

JOHN TESTIFIED TO CHRIST'S ETERNAL DEITY
15 John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.

BELIEVERS ARE SAVED BY GRACE AND RECEIVE GRACE
16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.

JESUS IS THE FOUNTAIN OF GRACE AND TRUTH
17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

JESUS PRESENTS GOD TO MEN IN HIS OWN PERSON
18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

Reactions: Dave L and Nancy

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Gospel of John gets to this point immediately and directly. that's why it is highly recommended to those who are unfamiliar with the Bible. John was writing by divine inspiration (as were all the other Evangelists), but he was directed to take a different approach to the Gospel. And John chapter one clearly gives us the answer to the above question:

JOHN 1
JESUS IS GOD
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. [the Son]

Does not say Son

The second person of the Trinity, the Word is not a created or sexually conceived being.

Does not say father. The second person of the Trinity has no father.

And how convenient for you you left off:

and the Word was God.

Couldn't make that fit could you?

JESUS IS GOD THE CREATOR
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

This is talking about the Word, not Jesus.

JESUS IS BOTH THE LIFE AND THE LIGHT OF MEN
4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

THE LIGHT OF CHRIST CANNOT BE OVERCOME BY DARKNESS
5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

GOD SENT JOHN THE BAPTIZER TO POINT MEN TO CHRIST
6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.

JOHN WOULD BEAR WITNESS TO THE DEITY OF CHRIST
7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.

JOHN WAS THE FORERUNNER FOR CHRIST
8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.

JESUS IS THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD
9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

JESUS WAS REJECTED BY THE WORLD
10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

JESUS WAS REJECTED BY ISRAEL
11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

THOSE WHO BELIEVE ON CHRIST BECOME CHILDREN OF GOD
12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

THOSE WHO BELIEVE ON CHRIST ARE BORN OF GOD
13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

THE ETERNAL WORD -- CHRIST -- BECAME A MAN
14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Indeed, incarnated in the flesh. Indwelt flesh. But the flesh did not become God.

You don't become the car when you climb in.

You don't become the house when you enter it.

The KJV New Testament Greek Lexicon
Strong's Number:
1096 Browse Lexicon
Original Word
Word Origin
givnomai a prolongation and middle voice form of a primary verb
Transliterated Word TDNT Entry
Ginomai 1:681,117
Phonetic Spelling Parts of Speech
ghin'-om-ahee Verb
Definition
  1. to become, i.e. to come into existence, begin to be, receive being
  2. to become, i.e. to come to pass, happen
    1. of events
  3. to arise, appear in history, come upon the stage
    1. of men appearing in public
  4. to be made, finished
    1. of miracles, to be performed, wrought
  5. to become, be made
Nothing in the definition is preexistence.

JOHN TESTIFIED TO CHRIST'S ETERNAL DEITY
15 John bare witness of him, and crie
d, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.

He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.

Jesus came after but the Word came before.

BELIEVERS ARE SAVED BY GRACE AND RECEIVE GRACE
16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.

JESUS IS THE FOUNTAIN OF GRACE AND TRUTH
17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

JESUS PRESENTS GOD TO MEN IN HIS OWN PERSON
18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

Jesus has flesh that could die. He had a soul, which is part of the flesh.

He has a spirit that is God cannot die and is not part of the flesh.

You have a soul which is part of your flesh that can die.

Your spirit is eternal.

Nothing in the Bible says your soul lives forever, but that your spirit does. And your flesh can die and then be reincarnated and glorified.

Why do you struggle with the fact that the Jesus had a triune existence just as we do.

No mention of Jesus in the Old Testament. No mention of the second person of the Trinity having flesh. God is clearly defined as three eternal spirit beings without beginning that are absolutely equal but have three different roles.

Reactions: Ezra

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
JOHN 1
JESUS IS GOD

JESUS IS GOD THE CREATOR

is not the Father and the Son the SAME PERSON? example you said, "and the Word was God. [the Son]"

but your John 1:3. said, "JESUS IS GOD THE CREATOR".

ok, but reconcile John 1:3 with Isaiah 44:24. I will post them together and give me your assessment on them.

John 1:3 "All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made". (this is the Son ... right, who is Lord).

Isaiah 44:24 "Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself". (this is the Father ... right, who is the LORD)

question, "is this the same person?", if no, please explain.

thanks in advance.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good topic, Jesus is the Son of God in Flesh, (per John 1:14). but Jesus, without flesh is God, the Spirit whom many calls Father, (per John 1:3)

Yes, Jesus Christ is the Son of God made flesh. But, He was the Son, before He was made flesh. See (Prov. 30:4). "...what is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell?"

The Son is never the Father.

Stranger

Reactions: brakelite

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, Jesus Christ is the Son of God made flesh. But, He was the Son, before He was made flesh. See (Prov. 30:4). "...what is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell?"

Stranger
yes, that's been already proven, he is God the Spirit himself "shared" in flesh, so have you any comments on John 1:3 and Isaiah 44:24?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While our friend Stranger is preparing to answer the Father and Son question, John 1:3 and Isaiah 44:24

May I add another question, as to who the Lord Jesus is.

OT scripture, Daniel 7:9 "I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire.

BUT ....... Daniel 7:13 "I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.

now if the Son of Man came to the Ancient of days, who is this in Revelation 1:10-20. please Note the description in both Daniel and Revelation

for in Revelation 1, whom John was speaking to is the Son of Man, but what do the description say he is.

open to any comments.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The sayings of Agur son of Jakeh—an inspired utterance

Akur
Means collector and that's all we know about them.

Who has gone up to heaven and come down?
Whose hands have gathered up the wind?
Who has wrapped up the waters in a cloak?
Who has established all the ends of the earth?
What is his name, and what is the name of his son?
Surely you know!

The first person of the Trinity is as much God as a second person as the first and second person or as much God as the person.

You are reading in what you wish to find that is not stated.

Read the whole chapter. Tons of figurative language are used.

So when asked who is his son? A lot of living beings are.

It does not say son of God, but even if it did that phrase includes old far more than Jesus, who did not exist then and is not the name of God.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While our friend Stranger is preparing to answer the Father and Son question, John 1:3 and Isaiah 44:24

May I add another question, as to who the Lord Jesus is.

OT scripture, Daniel 7:9 "I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire.

BUT ....... Daniel 7:13 "I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.

now if the Son of Man came to the Ancient of days, who is this in Revelation 1:10-20. please Note the description in both Daniel and Revelation

for in Revelation 1, whom John was speaking to is the Son of Man, but what do the description say he is.

open to any comments.

Revelations is without a doubt Jesus.

It does not say the Son of Man came to the ancient of days it says one like A Son of Man. That is saying there is more than one Son of Man.

Ezekiel was called Son of Man.

Biblically it means mankind.

Angels often appear as men.

The angel of God was the second person of the Trinity functioning as an angel.

No way you can squeeze this on to being exclusively a title to Jesus.

It does not say the Son of Man came to the ancient of days it says one like. A Son of Man. That is saying there is more than one Son of Man.

Angels often appear as men.

The angel of God was the second person of the Trinity functioning as an angel.

Bible study notes on SON OF MAN from biblereferenceguide.com

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelations is without a doubt Jesus.
(smile) no doubt.......

It does not say the Son of Man came to the ancient of days it says one like A Son of Man. That is saying there is more than one Son of Man.
both say the same thing. scripture,
Daniel 7:13 "I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him".
Now,
Revelation 1:13 "And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle".

so your assessment is in ERROR.

ERROR, Jesus the Son of Man came from Heaven, did Ezekiel, or any human come from HEAVEN? ... I'll answer that for you.. NO.

so that assessment want work.

understand Son of man came from Heaven, supportive scripture,
John 3:13 "And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

but the Son of God came out of Mary, supportive scripture,
Luke 1:35 "And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

understand, the Son of man is not born, but the Son of God is. understand now?.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
CoreIssue,

It is clear from your other posts that you have a heretical view of Christ. If that is merely because you are confused, then it would be better to see what is posted and give it some serious thought.

Does not say Son
That is why [Son] was in square brackets. Had you continued reading carefully to verse 18, you would have discovered this: No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him. This confirms that "the Word" is indeed "the Son".
The second person of the Trinity, the Word is not a created or sexually conceived being.
Did I imply or suggest such a preposterous thing? The conception of Jesus within the womb of the virgin Mary was A SUPERNATURAL CONCEPTION by the power of the Holy Spirit, in order to bring Christ into the world.
Does not say father. The second person of the Trinity has no father.
Once again you are SERIOUSLY MISTAKEN and promoting heresy. "The only begotten Son" -- by definition -- is the Son of God the Father. And so that there is no misunderstanding, I will quote from Scripture again:
Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort...(2 Cor 1:3)
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead (1 Pet 1:3)

I will not bother with the rest of your comments. Once you have acknowledged that you are seriously in error, we can resume this discussion.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
is not the Father and the Son the SAME PERSON?
No. The same GOD, but two distinct and divine Persons -- God the Father and God the Word (the Son).
Isaiah 44:24 "Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself".(this is the Father ... right, who is the LORD)... question, "is this the same person?", if no, please explain.
The answer is in the OT phrase *the LORD*, which is actually YHWH (or YHVH) and is pronounced as Yahweh or Jehovah. This name is the name of the Godhead (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit) and in Isa 44:24 it is Christ Jesus who speaks as *the LORD*. He identifies Himself as (a)thy Redeemer and (b)the Creator.

Granted that *alone* and *by myself* suggest that it is the eternal Word who is exclusively the Creator. But in fact ELOHIM (plural) is the Creator, which means the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit were jointly involved in creation: In the beginning God [אֱלֹהִ֑ים ELOHIM] created the heaven and the earth. (Gen 1:1)

Yet God the Father delegated creation to the Son, and it is Jesus who is presented as Creator in the NT (even while quoting the OT).
Please note: And, Thou, Lord, [Kurios = JESUS] in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands: They shall perish; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment; And as a vesture shalt thou fold them up, and they shall be changed: but thou art the same, and thy years shall not fail. (Heb 1:10-12). For context see verses 8 & 9, where God the Father addresses the Son as "God" (Theos).

This is a direct quotation from Psalm 102:24-27, where it is Elohim who is the Creator: I said, O my God, [אֵלִ֗י ELI] take me not away in the midst of my days: thy years are throughout all generations. Of old hast thou laid the foundation of the earth: and the heavens are the work of thy hands. They shall perish, but thou shalt endure: yea, all of them shall wax old like a garment; as a vesture shalt thou change them, and they shall be changed: But thou art the same, and thy years shall have no end.

So what we are looking at is the Mystery of God -- ONE God yet THREE divine Persons (Mt 28:19).

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. The same GOD, but two distinct and divine Persons -- God the Father and God the Word (the Son).

The answer is in the OT phrase *the LORD*, which is actually YHWH (or YHVH) and is pronounced as Yahweh or Jehovah. This name is the name of the Godhead (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit) and in Isa 44:24 it is Christ Jesus who speaks as *the LORD*. He identifies Himself as (a)thy Redeemer and (b)the Creator.

Granted that *alone* and *by myself* suggest that it is the eternal Word who is exclusively the Creator. But in fact ELOHIM (plural) is the Creator, which means the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit were jointly involved in creation: In the beginning God [אֱלֹהִ֑ים ELOHIM] created the heaven and the earth. (Gen 1:1)

Yet God the Father delegated creation to the Son, and it is Jesus who is presented as Creator in the NT (even while quoting the OT).
Please note: And, Thou, Lord, [Kurios = JESUS] in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands: They shall perish; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment; And as a vesture shalt thou fold them up, and they shall be changed: but thou art the same, and thy years shall not fail. (Heb 1:10-12). For context see verses 8 & 9, where God the Father addresses the Son as "God" (Theos).

This is a direct quotation from Psalm 102:24-27, where it is Elohim who is the Creator: I said, O my God, [אֵלִ֗י ELI] take me not away in the midst of my days: thy years are throughout all generations. Of old hast thou laid the foundation of the earth: and the heavens are the work of thy hands. They shall perish, but thou shalt endure: yea, all of them shall wax old like a garment; as a vesture shalt thou change them, and they shall be changed: But thou art the same, and thy years shall have no end.

So what we are looking at is the Mystery of God -- ONE God yet THREE divine Persons (Mt 28:19).
ERROR, alone don't mean an ELOHIM. now that you said, "Yahweh or Jehovah. This name is the name of the Godhead (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit)". ok which one of the Persons in your Godhead "MADE all Things?" now only one of the person created all thing. listen,
Isaiah 44:24 "Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself". that's "ONE" person
so "Enoch111. which one of the Person in your Godhead made everything? I'll be looking for your answer.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Enoch111, Oh yes, one other thing,

you said, "Yet God the Father delegated creation to the Son, and it is Jesus who is presented as Creator in the NT (even while quoting the OT)".
if that's the case, then this verse,
Genesis 1:1 "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth". must be a ERROR according to you... for God here is H430 אֱלֹהִים 'elohiym (el-o-heem') n-m. and if it was only yhe Son then

Isaiah 45:5 "I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:

Isaiah 45:6 "That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else.

Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
but you said, "No. The same GOD, but two distinct and divine Persons -- God the Father and God the Word (the Son)".

you said the Father delegated creation to the Son. and you said, "Please note: And, Thou, Lord, [Kurios = JESUS] in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth".

well it was the "LORD" who created Light and darkness.

so you have two persons "CREATING" in the begining. when you said the father delegated everything to the son to create, well that's "FALSE" doctrine.

try again.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes, that's been already proven, he is God the Spirit himself "shared" in flesh, so have you any comments on John 1:3 and Isaiah 44:24?

What has been proven?...as you and I do not agree. You have said that Jesus without a body or flesh, is the Father. Jesus before He received a body, was God the Son. This why I said the Son is never the Father. Both are God, but distinct persons.

Read (John 17:5) "And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was." Then read the whole chapter of (John 17).

Concerning (John 1:3) and (Is. 44:24), you said:

is not the Father and the Son the SAME PERSON? example you said, "and the Word was God. [the Son]"

but your John 1:3. said, "JESUS IS GOD THE CREATOR".

ok, but reconcile John 1:3 with Isaiah 44:24. I will post them together and give me your assessment on them.

John 1:3 "All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made". (this is the Son ... right, who is Lord).

Isaiah 44:24 "Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself". (this is the Father ... right, who is the LORD)

question, "is this the same person?", if no, please explain.

thanks in advance.

The Father and the Son are the same in that both are God. The Holy Spirit, the third Person of the Trinity, also was involved, and He also is equally God.

The verses you give prove the Deity of Jesus Christ. They do not disprove the Trinity.

Stranger

Reactions: Helen

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Concerning the opening post I also had another question in mind. As all can see there is quite a contention over the Person of Jesus Christ even among believers. Who is He? And there should be much discussion in this area, as no Greater has ever walked this earth. And it is recognition of Who this Man is that determines ones eternal destiny.

But, with all the theological arguments we have to help define Jesus Christ, how much is needed to know about Him, to be able to say as Peter said, "Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God" ? Peter did not have the information that we argue over today concerning Jesus Christ. And how much about Jesus Christ did you know when you came to Him as your Lord and Saviour?

When we come to Christ to be saved, all we really know is that we are sinners, and Christ is the Son of God and our Saviour, and we need Him. So we believe and we then confess and accept Him as our Saviour and are born-again.

This would be true if I were in a Baptist Church. It would be true if I were in a Pentecostal Church. It would be true if I were in a Lutheran or Presbyterian Church. It would be true if I were not in a church at all, just in a field somewhere praying to God.

Would it be true if I were in a Roman Church? Disregard any false teaching you may believe they have in their doctrine. Center only on Jesus as the Son of God and Saviour.

Would it be true in a Mormon Church?

A Jehovah's witness Church?

A Seventh Day Adventist's Church?

Etc. Etc.

I believe the answer is yes, irregardless where one is. If they have believed that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and Saviour and have come to Him for their salvation, then they are saved, born-again. Then we build from there our knowledge about the Person of Jesus Christ.

Stranger

Reactions: Helen and Pisteuo

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Would it be true in a Mormon Church?

A Jehovah's witness Church?

No because both deny that Jesus is the Son of God.

Mormons because while Jesus is the Son of God he is only the son of the god of this whorld and not the God of creation. Mormons believe in many gods and that they too will become a god.

JW because Jesus is Michael, a god and not the Son of God.

D

Dave L

You cannot separate Jesus from his message. A false message = a false Jesus.

“Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.” (John 14:6) (KJV 1900)

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Concerning the opening post I also had another question in mind. As all can see there is quite a contention over the Person of Jesus Christ even among believers. Who is He? And there should be much discussion in this area, as no Greater has ever walked this earth. And it is recognition of Who this Man is that determines ones eternal destiny.

Not saying you are wrong. I struggle with this because to not recognize them as separate is to extinguish the love of the Father for Son and the love of the Son for the Father. The mutual relationship of love, respect and honour. It doesn’t seem to be God loves himself but rather The Father extends His love to another (His seed) the Son.

You said we are to know Jesus who was (is)the greatest man who ever walked the earth. What about 2 Corinthians 5:16-17 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more. [17] Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

John 8:15-18
[15] Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man. [16] And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me. [17] It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true. [18] I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me.

Last edited: