Who is Jesus Christ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He is Who made us because He is love, so He made us and now loves us. Even when we became broken, He became One of us inside His Own creation, and shared in everything we are, except sin, so He could have us living with Him just like He wants, if we want.

Much love!

Reactions: Azim and tsr

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
During this time of year, many think about Jesus and what he gave for us, but who is he really?

"The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things.
Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he." John 4:25-26
So then are these the very words of Jesus that we should then believe that he is the Messiah, the Christ, the anointed one?

Were not both King Saul, the first king of ancient Israel and King David his successor both also anointed? How was Jesus more or less elevated than either of them?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
During this time of year, many think about Jesus and what he gave for us, but who is he really?
Well the Bible is crystal clear about who Jesus is. Jesus is God manifest in the flesh. God the Word (the Son of God) took human form as Jesus of Nazareth. He remained fully God and fully sinless Man at one and the same time. There should never have been any doubt, debate, or division about this fundamental truth. Jesus also has many names and titles, but that is another topic.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well the Bible is crystal clear about who Jesus is. Jesus is God manifest in the flesh. God the Word (the Son of God) took human form as Jesus of Nazareth. He remained fully God and fully sinless Man at one and the same time. There should never have been any doubt, debate, or division about this fundamental truth. Jesus also has many names and titles, but that is another topic.

I am not familiar with that sir, do you have scriptural support for that?

Reactions: Curtis

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things.
Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he." John 4:25-26
So then are these the very words of Jesus that we should then believe that he is the Messiah, the Christ, the anointed one?

Were not both King Saul, the first king of ancient Israel and King David his successor both also anointed? How was Jesus more or less elevated than either of them?

Very good Amadeus, he is. Likely you are aware that the Hebrew word Messiah, and the Greek word Christ are actually the same word, which is anointed one. May I ask you, who anointed him sir?

Reactions: amadeus

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He is Who made us because He is love, so He made us and now loves us. Even when we became broken, He became One of us inside His Own creation, and shared in everything we are, except sin, so He could have us living with Him just like He wants, if we want.

Much love!

He is love for sure, and not doubt love motivated him to participate in the creation. To date he gave the greatest act of love a man can give, his life in behalf of others. He is the greatest man who ever lived.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
He is the Messiah, the Christ. He is the atonement for all our sin
He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
In him all things were created.
He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.
He is supreme.
He is King of kings and Lord of lords.
He is the Name above all names.
He is my Saviour and my brother.
He is the Way, the Truth and the Life.
He is my life

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who is Jesus Christ?
OP ^

In brief ~

Jesus is the name of the Word of God, that came forth out of Gods mouth, from Heaven to Earth, in a body God Prepared, in the Likeness as a man, for Earthly men to hear and see and learn Gods Truth.

Christ is the Power of God, (which no man can See), but can learn and believe Jesus is the Christ (Power of God). Jesus performed a few miracles for men to see the results of Gods Power, that men might believe, Jesus is the Christ.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am not familiar with that sir, do you have scriptural support for that?
There is ample support for the Bible fact that Jesus is God. John 1:1 is a good place to start, and 1 Timothy 3:16 is another excellent verse (but only in the King James Bible).

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

The modern bible versions have corrupted this verse, based upon corrupt Greek manuscripts. But the majority of manuscripts say that God (THEOS in abbreviated form) was manifest in the flesh (or made Man).

It is only God who could pay the penalty for the sins of the whole world. And it is only the blood of God that could wash us from our sins. Therefore we have this verse:
Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood. (Acts 20:28)

Reactions: amigo de christo

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He is love for sure, and not doubt love motivated him to participate in the creation. To date he gave the greatest act of love a man can give, his life in behalf of others. He is the greatest man who ever lived.
If you don't think Jesus is actually God incarnate, then He could hardly be the greatest man ever! He'd be a liar, or insane. But He wasn't either.

Much love!

Reactions: Wrangler and Pearl

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very good Amadeus, he is. Likely you are aware that the Hebrew word Messiah, and the Greek word Christ are actually the same word, which is anointed one. May I ask you, who anointed him sir?
Who anointed Jesus? Who chose him? Who sent him?

The prophet Samuel anointed both King Saul and King David. He used oil, [probably olive oil] and touched it to or poured it on their heads. But that was an OT anointing where many times it was a physical ritual typifying the spiritual anointing to come. Both of them as we read in the scriptures were anointed also by the Spirit... effectively become new men. Saul alone of the two lost his anointing due to his repeated selfish disobedience...

"But the spirit of the LORD departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD troubled him." I Sam 16:14

Then here we see Jesus being anointed directly as the Spirit of God lights upon him:

"And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased." Matt 3:16-17

And then here:

"The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,
To preach the acceptable year of the Lord." Luke 4:18-19

So then who is the He that anointed and sent Jesus?

"I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me" John 5:30

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who anointed Jesus? Who chose him? Who sent him?

The prophet Samuel anointed both King Saul and King David. He used oil, [probably olive oil] and touched it to or poured it on their heads. But that was an OT anointing where many times it was a physical ritual typifying the spiritual anointing to come. Both of them as we read in the scriptures were anointed also by the Spirit... effectively become new men. Saul alone of the two lost his anointing due to his repeated selfish disobedience...

"But the spirit of the LORD departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD troubled him." I Sam 16:14

Then here we see Jesus being anointed directly as the Spirit of God lights upon him:

"And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased." Matt 3:16-17

And then here:

"The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,
To preach the acceptable year of the Lord." Luke 4:18-19

So then who is the He that anointed and sent Jesus?

"I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me" John 5:30

Exactly correct sir, Jehovah anointed Jesus

Reactions: amadeus

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you don't think Jesus is actually God incarnate, then He could hardly be the greatest man ever! He'd be a liar, or insane. But He wasn't either.

Much love!

If he was God he actually would be a liar Mk 10:40; 13:32. The reason he was the greatest man who ever lived is because unlike the only other perfect man who ever lived, he remained sinless till death.

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Almighty God:

Isaiah 9:6, "For to us a child is born, to us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace"
John 1:1, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God"
Romans 9:5, "of whom are the fathers, and from whom is Christ as concerning the flesh, who is over all, God, blessed forever. Amen"
Titus 2:13, "looking for the blessed hope and appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ"

Equal to the Father and Holy Spirit:

Matthew 28:19, "Go all of you therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the Name (singular, YHWH) of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit"

Demands Equal Honour to the Father:

John 5:23, "That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honors not the Son honors not the Father which has sent him"

Is Coequal to the Father, and Worshiped with Him:

Revelation 5:13-14, "And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sits upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever. And the four beasts said, Amen. And the four and twenty elders fell down and worshipped"

As Almighty God, became Man:

1 Timothy 3:16
, "And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory

Philippians 2:5-11, " Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, always existed in the very nature of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the very nature of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. Wherefore God also has highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If he was God he actually would be a liar Mk 10:40; 13:32. The reason he was the greatest man who ever lived is because unlike the only other perfect man who ever lived, he remained sinless till death.
And he was and still is God.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Who is described here?

For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Of the greatness of his government and peace
there will be no end.
He will reign on David’s throne
and over his kingdom,
establishing and upholding it
with justice and righteousness
from that time on and forever.

Isaiah 9

Reactions: amigo de christo

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Almighty God:

Isaiah 9:6, "For to us a child is born, to us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace"
John 1:1, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God"
Romans 9:5, "of whom are the fathers, and from whom is Christ as concerning the flesh, who is over all, God, blessed forever. Amen"
Titus 2:13, "looking for the blessed hope and appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ"

Equal to the Father and Holy Spirit:

Matthew 28:19, "Go all of you therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the Name (singular, YHWH) of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit"

Demands Equal Honour to the Father:

John 5:23, "That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honors not the Son honors not the Father which has sent him"

Is Coequal to the Father, and Worshiped with Him:

Revelation 5:13-14, "And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sits upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever. And the four beasts said, Amen. And the four and twenty elders fell down and worshipped"

As Almighty God, became Man:

1 Timothy 3:16
, "And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory

Philippians 2:5-11, " Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, always existed in the very nature of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the very nature of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. Wherefore God also has highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

Jesus is not equal to Jehovah sir, not as a human Jn 14:28 nor after his return to heaven 1 Cor 11:3. Matter of fact sitting at Jehovah's right hand is not literal, but stands for heavenly position.