• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

We need to know who satan is!

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ewang97

Aug 12, 2020
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hey everyone!

If someone was to ask you this question, "Who is Satan?" then how would you explain it?

I understand for many of us, we only focus on God, but who really is Satan and do we need to care about his existence?

(PS. Shout out to my brothers and sisters in the land down under! )

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The adversary that turns up down and down up......the accuser of the brethren......Lucifer, the once light bearer occupying the highest position besides God now destined to oblivion......the deceiver whose objective is to take with him all he can.......he who masquerades as an angel of light......the God of this world.

Reactions: ewang97

ewang97

Aug 12, 2020
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The adversary that turns up down and down up......the accuser of the brethren......Lucifer, the once light bearer occupying the highest position besides God now destined to oblivion......the deceiver whose objective is to take with him all he can.......he who masquerades as an angel of light......the God of this world.

Wow! Interesting answer! Have you learnt about God and satan before?

I'd love to talk more about this topic with you! How can I get in touch with you?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

I'd love to talk more about this topic with you! How can I get in touch with you?
You can have a conversation here ewang97 or you can message me. If you're not familiar with it, click on my avatar (those three kermit things to the left) and you will see the option of 'start a conversation' and bingo, you can fire away!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

The Bible does speak about fallen angels, but it's important more than ever to keep 'looking unto Jesus' (Hebrews 12.2), Who said: 'The prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in Me' (John 14.30).

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible does speak about fallen angels, but it's important more than ever to keep 'looking unto Jesus' (Hebrews 12.2), Who said: 'The prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in Me' (John 14.30).
Aye! Choose the good, and you needn't worry about the evil.

James 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Reactions: amadeus

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey everyone!

If someone was to ask you this question, "Who is Satan?" then how would you explain it?

I understand for many of us, we only focus on God, but who really is Satan and do we need to care about his existence?

(PS. Shout out to my brothers and sisters in the land down under! )

Ezekiel 28 helps define who Satan is, but it is given in parable form.

Satan is a heavenly cherub. Originally it was his job to guard God's Throne. That's what the idea of a 'covering cherub' in Ezekiel 28 means. If you saw the Raiders of The Lost Ark movie, the model of the Ark of The Covenant is shown with two winged creatures outstretch over the top of the cover. Per Exodus 25, the Mercy Seat was in between.

Ezekiel 28 reveals that Satan was originally created 'perfect in his ways', until iniquity was found in him. Satan originally was perfect in following God, then he sinned in coveting God's throne and thus became evil. Apostle John said the devil sinned from the beginning, and he meant that literally. Satan committed the very first sin against God in coveting God's throne and wanting to be God.

Ezekiel 31 is also pointing to Satan in the time of old before he rebelled, and then after he rebelled, and it is given as a parable about Pharaoh and the king of Assyria.