Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There would be no sense of the parable if that were the case.

The parable of the fig tree is about a specific generation of a specific group of people. The specific group of people are the Jews.

Nope. The people are any people who see the signs Christ listed in the OD. It's not about Jews or Israel.

Mat 24:32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:
Mat 24:33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.
Mat 24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

G1074
genea
Thayer Definition:
1) fathered, birth, nativity
2) that which has been begotten, men of the same stock, a family
2a) the several ranks of natural descent, the successive members of a genealogy
2b) metaphorically a group of men very like each other in endowments, pursuits, character
2b1) especially in a bad sense, a perverse nation
3) the whole multitude of men living at the same time
4) an age (i.e. the time ordinarily occupied be each successive generation), a space of 30 - 33 years
Part of Speech: noun feminine
A Related Word by Thayer’s/Strong’s Number: from (a presumed derivative of) G1085
Citing in TDNT: 1:662, 114

I think in context Jesus is not talking about a generation of time but a generation of living people who will witness all the events he spoke about from people coming in the name of Christ and deceiving to the second coming. Those events happen in the same time frame that parts of Revelation covers which is the great tribulation and the second coming. It's not a long generation like 40-70 years but Revelation gives 42 months for the great trib then the second coming happens which isn't a long event either. That's basically 3 and a half years for one generation of people to witness all the end times events related to the great trib and second coming.

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think in context Jesus is not talking about a generation of time but a generation of living people who will witness all the events he spoke about from people coming in the name of Christ and deceiving to the second coming.
The parable of the fig tree generation of living people is about the generation of living people who will be caught up in the rapture/resurrection redemption of our bodies - will be after the time of Gentiles, Luke 21:24. The Jews in 1967 gained control of Jerusalem back again from the gentiles.

The parable of the fig tree generation that will see the Son of man of coming in a cloud with power and great glory, Jesus's Second Coming, Luke 21:27.

28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

look up - to meet the Lord in the air, 1Thessalonians4:17.

The 70th week begins immediately following the Gog/Magog event of Ezekiel 39.

Ezekiel 39 breakdown:

In Ezekiel 39, the destruction of Gog's army verses 1-6
In Ezekiel 39, then followed by 7 years verses 9-10 (the 70th week )
In Ezekiel 39, then the Armageddon event verses 17-20
In Ezekiel 39, then Jesus's return to this earth verses 21-29, His Second Coming

We are living in the parable of the fig tree generation. Israel in the news every day. Look up ! Our redemption draws near.

ratpure window10.jpg

Last edited:

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do a verses breakdown of Ezekiel 39, going through the text, like I did below....

Ezekiel 39 breakdown:

In Ezekiel 39, the destruction of Gog's army verses 1-6
In Ezekiel 39, then followed by 7 years verses 9-10 (the 70th week )
In Ezekiel 39, then the Armageddon event verses 17-20
In Ezekiel 39, then Jesus's return to this earth verses 21-29, His Second Coming

You are only taking a very small section of the Ezekiel 39 Scripture out of the context of those Ezekiel 38 & 39 chapters, and trying to make it fit man's false Pre-trib Rapture theory. You will be in trouble with Lord Jesus when He comes if you continue to treat His Word like that.

Ezekiel 38 describes the nation alignment of the army coming upon Israel on the last day, and it links to the battle of Armageddon that's on the final 7th Vial poured out, which is the LAST DAY of this present world.

Ezek 38:18-23
18 And it shall come to pass at the same time when Gog shall come against the land of Israel, saith the Lord GOD, that My fury shall come up in My face.
For in My jealousy and in the fire of My wrath have I spoken, Surely in that day there shall be a great shaking in the land of Israel;
20 So that the fishes of the sea, and the fowls of the heaven, and the beasts of the field, and all creeping things that creep upon the earth, and all the men that are upon the face of the earth, shall shake at My presence, and the mountains shall be thrown down, and the steep places shall fall, and every wall shall fall to the ground.
21 And I will call for a sword against him throughout all My mountains, saith the Lord GOD: every man's sword shall be against his brother.
And I will plead against him with pestilence and with blood; and I will rain upon him, and upon his bands, and upon the many people that are with him, an overflowing rain, and great hailstones, fire, and brimstone.
23 Thus will I magnify Myself, and sanctify Myself; and I will be known in the eyes of many nations, and they shall know that I am the LORD.
KJV

That links with both Revelation 16 on the 7th Vial with the battle of Armageddon, and in Revelation 19 with Jesus' future return on the last day.

Then the Ezekiel 39 Chapter continues about that day of vengeance by God,

Ezek 39
39 Therefore, thou son of man, prophesy against Gog, and say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I am against thee, O Gog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal:
2 And I will turn thee back, and leave but the sixth part of thee, and will cause thee to come up from the north parts, and will bring thee upon the mountains of Israel:

God is continuing the subject of Ezekiel 38 about the day of the destruction of that Gog army that will come out of the northern quarters upon Israel. He even shows only 1/6 of that army will be left after He destroys it. Zechariah 14:16 even mentions about those leftovers of that army being made to come worship Christ during His future "thousand years" reign, and keep the feast of tabernacles.

3 And I will smite thy bow out of thy left hand, and will cause thine arrows to fall out of thy right hand.
4 Thou shalt fall upon the mountains of Israel, thou, and all thy bands, and the people that is with thee: I will give thee unto the ravenous birds of every sort, and to the beasts of the field to be devoured.
5 Thou shalt fall upon the open field: for I have spoken it, saith the Lord GOD.
6 And I will send a fire on Magog, and among them that dwell carelessly in the isles: and they shall know that I am the LORD.
7 So will I make My holy name known in the midst of My people Israel; and I will not let them pollute My holy name any more: and the heathen shall know that I am the LORD, the Holy One in Israel.

Once again, ALL NATIONS will then understand and know Who GOD is on that final day of this world, the "day of the Lord" destruction of those armies. That "fire" He will send upon Magog is God's consuming fire that happens on the last day of this world, on the "day of the Lord", as written in 2 Peter 3:10.

8 Behold, it is come, and it is done, saith the Lord GOD; this is the day whereof I have spoken.

God stressing the 'day of vengeance' on the last day of this present world, also known as the "day of the Lord".

The false Pre-trib Rapture is trying to move that "day of the Lord" timing backwards to Prior to the time of "great tribulation", but that won't work, because it goes directly against even this Ezekiel 38 & 39 Scripture about the last day. Only those who don't stay in God's written Word will be fooled by the false Pre-trib Rapture doctors.

9 And they that dwell in the cities of Israel shall go forth, and shall set on fire and burn the weapons, both the shields and the bucklers, the bows and the arrows, and the handstaves, and the spears, and they shall burn them with fire seven years:
10 So that they shall take no wood out of the field, neither cut down any out of the forests; for they shall burn the weapons with fire: and they shall spoil those that spoiled them, and rob those that robbed them, saith the Lord GOD.
11 And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will give unto Gog a place there of graves in Israel, the valley of the passengers on the east of the sea: and it shall stop the noses of the passengers: and there shall they bury Gog and all his multitude: and they shall call it The valley of Hamon-gog.
12 And seven months shall the house of Israel be burying of them, that they may cleanse the land.
13 Yea, all the people of the land shall bury them; and it shall be to them a renown the day that I shall be glorified, saith the Lord GOD.
14 And they shall sever out men of continual employment, passing through the land to bury with the passengers those that remain upon the face of the earth, to cleanse it: after the end of seven months shall they search.
15 And the passengers that pass through the land, when any seeth a man's bone, then shall he set up a sign by it, till the buriers have buried it in the valley of Hamon-gog.
16 And also the name of the city shall be Hamonah. Thus shall they cleanse the land.

These Ezekiel 39:9-16 verses above are Millennium timing, Christ Jesus having returned and reigning over all nations, with His elect. That burying will be the result of the battle of Armageddon and the Revelation 19 events of Jesus' return to fight with His army from Heaven.

(Continued...)

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(Continued...)

17 And, thou son of man, thus saith the Lord GOD; Speak unto every feathered fowl, and to every beast of the field, "Assemble yourselves, and come; gather yourselves on every side to My sacrifice that I do sacrifice for you, even a great sacrifice upon the mountains of Israel, that ye may eat flesh, and drink blood.
18 Ye shall eat the flesh of the mighty, and drink the blood of the princes of the earth, of rams, of lambs, and of goats, of bullocks, all of them fatlings of Bashan.
19 And ye shall eat fat till ye be full, and drink blood till ye be drunken, of My sacrifice which I have sacrificed for you.
20 Thus ye shall be filled at My table with horses and chariots, with mighty men, and with all men of war, saith the Lord GOD.

The above Ezekiel 39:17-20 section of verses is about the Revelation 19:17-18 "supper of the great God". That will happen ONLY on the final day of this present world by God's consuming fire burning man's works off the earth, and punishing the wicked.

21 And I will set My glory among the heathen, and all the heathen shall see My judgment that I have executed, and My hand that I have laid upon them.

The nations ("heathen") will know at that time Who The GOD is. That is 1st day of Christ's Millennial reign of the future world to come. The nations that are left on that day will be required to come up to Jerusalem and worship The KING, and keep the feast of tabernacles, as written in Zechariah 14. And whichever nation refuses to do that, there will be no rain upon their lands, also as written in that Zech.14 chapter. So this section of verses is definitely... future Millennium timing after Christ Jesus has returned.

22 So the house of Israel shall know that I am the LORD their God from that day and forward.
23 And the heathen shall know that the house of Israel went into captivity for their iniquity: because they trespassed against Me, therefore hid I My face from them, and gave them into the hand of their enemies: so fell they all by the sword.
24 According to their uncleanness and according to their transgressions have I done unto them, and hid My face from them.
25 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Now will I bring again the captivity of Jacob, and have mercy upon the whole house of Israel, and will be jealous for My holy name;
26 After that they have borne their shame, and all their trespasses whereby they have trespassed against Me, when they dwelt safely in their land, and none made them afraid.

In verses 22-24 above, God is specifically pointing to the ten lost tribe "house of Israel" only. God told Ezekiel that He made him a prophet specifically to the "house of Israel", which at that point in the history of Israel meant ONLY the ten northern tribes which God scattered out of the holy land first. Ezekiel while in the Babylon captivity of Judah, was sent north to where the ten tribes were captive (45 miles north of Babylon, at modern Khabour in Syria near the Euphrates.)

But in verses 25-26, God is pointing to both the "house of Israel" (ten lost tribes of Israel) and... the "house of Judah" (Jews). Recall the joining of the two sticks of Ezekiel 37. That is the timing here at this point in Ezekiel 39.

27 When I have brought them again from the people, and gathered them out of their enemies' lands, and am sanctified in them in the sight of many nations;
28 Then shall they know that I am the LORD their God, which cause them to be led into captivity among the heathen: but I have gathered them unto their own land, and have left none of them any more there.
29 Neither will I hide My face any more from them: for I have poured out My spirit upon the house of Israel, saith the Lord GOD.
KJV

The above 27-29 verses are ALSO... for AFTER... Christ's future return. That is when the above will be in effect.

Thus except for the Ezekiel 39 verses above about GOD's WRATH on the final day of this world, with a literal destruction of the Magog armies, leaving only 1/6 of them, all the other Ezekiel 39 verses are future MILLENNIUM TIMING when Jesus will have already returned and is reigning on earth WITH His elect Church.

Last edited:

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's the parable of all trees, and of course the generation won't pass away before the Return because they see the signs of that Coming. Those signs didn't start in 1948 or 1967 because they are not Israel specific and have nothing at all to do with Israel being a country again, or winning a war.
Did you miss the part that after the world wars, England and the powers who agreed with them, created several modern nations in the ME, giving away huge chunks of land to other nations, that will belong to Israel eventually? Israel was not the only nation formed at that time.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The parable of the fig tree generation of living people is about the generation of living people who will be caught up in the rapture/resurrection redemption of our bodies - will be after the time of Gentiles, Luke 21:24. The Jews in 1967 gained control of Jerusalem back again from the gentiles.

That has nothing to do with the parable of how trees react in Spring and the signs Christ listed as the signs of that Spring and coming Summer, with Summer representing the second coming. People just shifted from 1948 to 1967 because their prophecies and lengths of generations all failed. 1967 has failed all of those except the final and longest "generation, 70 years. That has nothing to do with what the prophecy means which is why most of all those beliefs and generation lengths resulted in nothing happening.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Antichrist is depicted as a political figure with a false prophet at his side.The most the pope could be is the false prophet.If it is the Pope he will be outed the moment he tries to change the faith and morals of the church his job is to hold the faith not change it. The LDS already has the Prophet who speaks to and for God and they have expanded out the theology with lots of extra stuff why not look at them also The Prophet of the LDS church hold way more power then the Pope .John is the last Prophet of the Catholic Church no more are expected or needed. It could be any religious leader that becomes the False Prophet.Its one of the signs of the Antichrist - the false Prophet I would put money on one of these TV evangelist who can reach the world through the TV and social media which is how I think it would happen.

He will show up when every nation is hurting on the earth and will claim to have the answers to everything I would say were almost there.

Only way to understand who the coming Antichrist-false-Messiah will be is stay within God's written Word. The ROLE of the "false prophet" is simply a 'role' that the Antichrist will play.

Rev 16:13-14
13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the
dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.
14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.
KJV

"false prophet" = a ROLE in a play that Antichrist-dragon will play.

"beast" = the kingdom beast of Rev.13:1. A type of stage-setting for the coming Antichrist-dragon.

Notice both of those, that "beast" and the "false prophet" are destroyed at Christ's future coming, but the "dragon" (Satan) is not yet destroyed...

Rev 19:20
20 And the
beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.
KJV

Per the above Scripture, the "false prophet" will have "wrought miracles... with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image." Who is that really... pointing to in Bible Scripture? To this one here...

Rev 13:11-14
11 And I beheld
another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.

13 And
he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,

And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.
KJV

By those above Bible Scriptures Jesus showed you that the coming "another beast", which also will play the "false prophet", is definitely NOT about a flesh-born man. Reason is because no flesh-born man goes into the future "lake of fire" until AFTER... Christ's future "thousand years" reign, and only after God's Great White Throne Judgment.

As of today, only Satan and his angels have already been judged and sentenced to perdition in the future "lake of fire". No flesh man has yet.

Thus because... that "beast" and "false prophet" go into the "lake of fire" at Christ's return, before the GWT Judgment, that means those cannot represent flesh men. The only other type thing they can represent are ROLES, like in a stage play. And Satan, that "dragon", is who will play those ROLES as the Antichrist-another beast. That's why the working of miracles to deceive those who receive the mark and worship him is about Satan himself in his role as "false prophet" for the end of this present world before Jesus returns.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
As of today, only Satan and his angels have already been judged and sentenced to perdition in the future "lake of fire". No flesh man has yet.

Not so sure that this claim of yours is correct because of Isaiah 24:21-22 which states this: -

Isaiah 24:19-23: -
19 The earth, {i.e. God’s earth}, is spoilt beyond spoiling,
The earth is broken beyond breaking,
The earth is in turmoil beyond turmoil.
20 The earth shall waver beyond wavering like a drunkard,
And the {watchman’s} hut shall waver;
The transgression shall be heavy upon it,
And it will be overwhelmed, and not continue.
21 It shall come to pass in that day
That the Lord will punish on high the host of exalted ones,
And on the face of the land the kings of the face of the land.
22 They will be gathered together,
As prisoners are gathered in the pit,
And will be shut up in the prison;
After many days they will be punished.

23 Then the moon will be disgraced
And the sun ashamed;
For the Lord of hosts will reign
On Mount Zion and in Jerusalem
And before His elders, gloriously.

Since the heavenly host and the kings of the earth have not be judged yet as the war in heaven is not yet over nor have the kings of the earth have been gathered at Armageddon to be judged I do not believe that your quoted claim is correct.

Shalom

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not so sure that this claim of yours is correct because of Isaiah 24:21-22 which states this: -

Isaiah 24:19-23: -
19 The earth, {i.e. God’s earth}, is spoilt beyond spoiling,
The earth is broken beyond breaking,
The earth is in turmoil beyond turmoil.
20 The earth shall waver beyond wavering like a drunkard,
And the {watchman’s} hut shall waver;
The transgression shall be heavy upon it,
And it will be overwhelmed, and not continue.
21 It shall come to pass in that day
That the Lord will punish on high the host of exalted ones,
And on the face of the land the kings of the face of the land.
22 They will be gathered together,
As prisoners are gathered in the pit,
And will be shut up in the prison;
After many days they will be punished.

23 Then the moon will be disgraced
And the sun ashamed;
For the Lord of hosts will reign
On Mount Zion and in Jerusalem
And before His elders, gloriously.

Since the heavenly host and the kings of the earth have not be judged yet as the war in heaven is not yet over nor have the kings of the earth have been gathered at Armageddon to be judged I do not believe that your quoted claim is correct.

Shalom

Here's the KJV version...

Isa 24:21-22
21 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the LORD shall punish the host of the high ones that are on high, and the kings of the earth upon the earth.
22 And they shall be gathered together, as prisoners are gathered in the pit, and shall be shut up in the prison,
and after many days shall they be visited.
KJV

Those kings being shut up in the pit prison when Jesus returns, and then are "visited" after many days (i.e., the "thousand years" of Rev.20), is not... saying they have ALREADY been judged and sentenced prior to Christ's "thousand years" reign. As written all knees must bow to Christ Jesus. For Satan and his angels, that's different because they already have been judged and sentenced to perish. All other wicked only have the 'danger' of possible perdition that will only be determined at God's Great White Throne Judgment...

Rev 20:7-15
7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

And I saw a great white throne, and Him That sat on it, from Whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
KJV

So when are those 'books' opened, and the unsaved judged out of them?

ONLY... at the time of God's Great White Throne Judgment, which only happens after Christ's future return and 1,000 years reign over those nations. That means the same for those kings cast in the pit at Christ's coming too.

The flow of Revelation 20 is that the day Jesus returns, Satan and those kings will be locked in Satan's pit prison for the whole period of Christ's "thousand years" reign with His elect, i.e, they are NOT destroyed yet like the "beast" and "false prophet" will be.

And I'm not going to get into silly stupid false arguments of men's false leaven doctrines against Christ's future "thousand years" of Rev.20.