Who is the Antichrist? Let's Put a Name on Him.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's going to be important very soon, for some to know who the Antichrist is.

Since I believe the Word tells us who the Antichrist is, it might be important to begin by identifying who He is not.

The Antichrist is neither Jewish, nor Roman.

Comments?

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Comments?
Your Claim Is "False"

The Future Human Man, The Antichrist Seen Below In (Daniel) 11:37 Will Be A Hebrew/Jew In Decent, His Fathers Worshipped The True Hebrew (God Of His Fathers)

(Daniel) 11:37KJV
37 Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all.

Examples: God Of His Fathers

(2 Kings) 21:22KJV
22 And he forsook the Lord God of his fathers, and walked not in the way of the Lord.

(2 Chronicles) 21:10KJV
10 So the Edomites revolted from under the hand of Judah unto this day. The same time also did Libnah revolt from under his hand; because he had forsaken the Lord God of his fathers.

Adam

Nov 30, 2022
X
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Daniel 12
8 And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things?

9 And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.

10 Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.

or in other words, Daniel understands that it is symbolic, but doesn't understand how to interpret it and God tells him, he isn't meant to know, but the wise will understand.

Jesus confirms this when he says

Mark 13:14
But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judaea flee to the mountains:

Im other words, it's told in symbols, and you're not permitted to know the meaning unless God allows you to. Understanding is not meant to be taken literally.

Reactions: Mr E

Adam

Nov 30, 2022
X
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Another hint is given here:

2 Thessalonians 2

2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?

6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.

7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

Paul is saying to his followers, look, it is happening now, it is already at work. You have yo restrain the antichrist until it is destroyed by Christ. He's saying - you're not God. This is in opposition to what the Gnostics were saying.

1 Corinthians 3:16
16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

The spirit of God dwells IN MANKIND, and so does the Antichrist.

1 John 2
Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

The antichrist is Man. The antichrist is already here. The way to defeat the antichrist is by shedding ourselves.

John 3
He must increase, but I must decrease.

Or in other words - the spirit of God is in you, but you aren't aware of it because of your ego, your perceptions of yourself and the world. This is the antichrist. You have to remove your own desires and own sins and condemnations and other things that are not of God, THEN Christ will come to you personally. The prophesy isn't about the end of times for Earth, it is about the end of your time on Earth.

The Mark of the Beast is the number 6, 6 is the day Adam was created, body, mind and soul, 666. Or in other words, Adam, Mankind, YOU. You already have the mark of the beast, you can't buy or sell without thinking about Adam, IE Yourself. You're working every day trying to make yourself rich instead of helping others. You can't go a day without thinking about Adam. The lying signs and wonders are that you think this life is real and that this is who you are.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Daniel 12
8 And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things?

9 And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.

10 Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.

or in other words, Daniel understands that it is symbolic, but doesn't understand how to interpret it and God tells him, he isn't meant to know, but the wise will understand.

Jesus confirms this when he says

Mark 13:14
But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judaea flee to the mountains:

Im other words, it's told in symbols, and you're not permitted to know the meaning unless God allows you to. Understanding is not meant to be taken literally.
I must admit, I do not UNDERSTAND your comment about understanding is not meant to be taken literally.

Looking at Daniel 12:9 it says:

We are now at the time of the end. The year 2030 is 6000 years. Look around what has happened in the last 2 years. The world is changing fast.

So we can literally have understanding, as it is the time of the end.

Adam

Nov 30, 2022
X
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I must admit, I do not UNDERSTAND your comment about understanding is not meant to be taken literally.

Looking at Daniel 12:9 it says:

We are now at the time of the end. The year 2030 is 6000 years. Look around what has happened in the last 2 years. The world is changing fast.

So we can literally have understanding, as it is the time of the end.
Daniel said this immediately after describing the prophesy. So he is talking about all these things, a war, a new god, an evil high priest in the temple, then Daniel says "I don't get what any of this means". So in other words, he knows it is not literal, he is asking God, what these things symbolize and God does not tell him.

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Point #1
There is more than one Antichrist.
Does that mean we can't identify "THE" Antichrist. Absolutely not. We can identify the man of sin who is THE Antichrist. However, to do that, we need to remember that there is more than one Antichrist.

Matthew 24
5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

Here is one Antichrist. He is the beast of the sea.

Revelation 13
And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

Here is another Antichrist. He is the beast of the earth.

Revelation 13
11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

Are either of these "THE" Antichrist, the man of sin?

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Daniel said this immediately after describing the prophesy. So he is talking about all these things, a war, a new god, an evil high priest in the temple, then Daniel says "I don't get what any of this means". So in other words, he knows it is not literal, he is asking God, what these things symbolize and God does not tell him.
You are drawing an incorrect conclusion. Daniel just doesn't understand what he is told. It does not mean it is not literal.

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your Claim Is "False"

The Future Human Man, The Antichrist Seen Below In (Daniel) 11:37 Will Be A Hebrew/Jew In Decent, His Fathers Worshipped The True Hebrew (God Of His Fathers)

(Daniel) 11:37KJV
37 Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all.

Examples: God Of His Fathers

(2 Kings) 21:22KJV
22 And he forsook the Lord God of his fathers, and walked not in the way of the Lord.

(2 Chronicles) 21:10KJV
10 So the Edomites revolted from under the hand of Judah unto this day. The same time also did Libnah revolt from under his hand; because he had forsaken the Lord God of his fathers.
Please go to post #11 and read what it says.

Can you identify whether these verses that you have posted in Daniel 11 describe the beast of the earth or the beast of the sea? Or is there another that these verses describe?

Adam

Nov 30, 2022
X
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Here is another example of how prophesy works:

Zechariah 4
11 Then answered I, and said unto him, What are these two olive trees upon the right side of the candlestick and upon the left side thereof?

12 And I answered again, and said unto him, What be these two olive branches which through the two golden pipes empty the golden oil out of themselves?

13 And he answered me and said, Knowest thou not what these be? And I said, No, my lord.

14 Then said he, These are the two anointed ones, that stand by the Lord of the whole earth.

It is all in dreams and symbols. It is NOT to be taken literally.

Also on that note, notice something?

14 Then said he, These are the two anointed ones, that stand by the Lord of the whole earth.

If the first anointed one is Jesus (or David, depending on who you ask), then who is the second one?

Revelation 11

3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.

5 And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.

6 These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.

7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.

8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

9 And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.

10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.

11 And after three days and an half the spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.

12 And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.

Dead for 3 days then ressurected and ascended to heaven... sound familiar? This time there are two of them. Who's the second one?

1 Corinthians 15
45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

Hmmm so if the first Adam is Adam, and the last Adam is Jesus, then who else could it be?

Adam

Nov 30, 2022
X
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You are drawing an incorrect conclusion. Daniel just doesn't understand what he is told. It does not mean it is not literal.
If it's all literal then what is there to misunderstand? It would all be straightforward, a war, a false god, an evil high priest. Nothing to interpret. It only becomes difficult to understand if they are not literal and do require an interpretation.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's going to be important very soon, for some to know who the Antichrist is.

Since I believe the Word tells us who the Antichrist is, it might be important to begin by identifying who He is not.

Comments?
I believe the last antichrist will be a Syrian born Jew and Christian convert.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is another example of how prophesy works:

Zechariah 4
11 Then answered I, and said unto him, What are these two olive trees upon the right side of the candlestick and upon the left side thereof?

12 And I answered again, and said unto him, What be these two olive branches which through the two golden pipes empty the golden oil out of themselves?

13 And he answered me and said, Knowest thou not what these be? And I said, No, my lord.

It is all in dreams and symbols. It is NOT to be taken literally.

Prophetic symbols are obviously symbols. What they teach, and how they are fulfilled is the point.

Hear now, O Joshua the high priest, thou, and thy fellows that sit before thee: for they are men wondered at: for, behold, I will bring forth my servant the BRANCH.

For behold the stone that I have laid before Joshua; upon one stone shall be seven eyes: behold, I will engrave the graving thereof, saith the LORD of hosts, and I will remove the iniquity of that land in one day.

In that day, saith the LORD of hosts, shall ye call every man his neighbour under the vine and under the fig tree.

This is prophecy of the coming of the Lord Jesus to earth, and what He will do on the earth. He is not a branch nor a stone with 7 eyes.

As an aside, that last part may have been what impressed Nathaniel so much. It is prophecy of the coming Messiah, and Nathaniel may have been reading that part under a fig tree, in order to impress himself with the goodness of the Lord's coming.

Also on that note, notice something?

If the first anointed one is Jesus (or David, depending on who you ask), then who is the second one?

Revelation 11

3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.

5 And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.

6 These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.

7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.

8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

9 And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.

10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.

11 And after three days and an half the spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.

12 And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.

Dead for 3 days then ressurected and ascended to heaven... sound familiar? This time there are two of them. Who's the second one?
3 1/2 days.

Not Jesus, nor Adam.

However, like Jesus, I believe all saints in the first resurrection will ascend into the air with clouds to meet with Him.

I also do not believe there is a 'phased in' first resurrection, and so these two witnesses will be part of the first resurrection and ascension of all saints since Abel, from the earth.

Adam

Nov 30, 2022
X
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Point #1
There is more than one Antichrist.
Does that mean we can't identify "THE" Antichrist. Absolutely not. We can identify the man of sin who is THE Antichrist. However, to do that, we need to remember that there is more than one Antichrist.

Matthew 24
5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

Here is one Antichrist. He is the beast of the sea.

Revelation 13
And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

Here is another Antichrist. He is the beast of the earth.

Revelation 13
11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

Are either of these "THE" Antichrist, the man of sin?
The beast represents the animal nature, fleshly evils, and mortal men (the mortal men may be rulers but they are ultimately insignificant), the real spirit controlling the beast is the rider.

Revelation 11
3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.

4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:

5 And upon her forehead was a name written, Mystery, Babylon The Great, The Mother Of Harlots And Abominations Of The Earth.

In other words, women, reeeeeee, are the cause of all the world's troubles. Ask anyone on reddit and they can confirm.

In all seriousness though, it is not a physical person, but the spirit of an idea. Just like the Devil is the father of all evil, there is a spirit that is controlling the nations and all their "crowned heads".

Revelation 18
7 How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.

Babylon = USA, or maybe China, or Russia, it doesn't really matter. It is the idea of an earthly kingdom, and earthly pleasures and riches. There are only two kingdoms on Earth: Israel, the fellowship of followers of God, and Babylon, every worldly kingdom and authority. A man can have only one master, they can either follow God or Mammon.

Adam

Nov 30, 2022
X
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Prophetic symbols are obviously symbols
Yes, my point exactly. Prophesy is always done in the form of dreams and visions. It is not about what you see, but about the impressions that these things leave on you. Interpreting dream symbolism is how Daniel rose to prominence. If dreams were literal, Daniel wouldn't have a job.

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, my point exactly. Prophesy is always done in the form of dreams and visions. It is not about what you see, but about the impressions that these things leave on you. Interpreting dream symbolism is how Daniel rose to prominence. If dreams were literal, Daniel wouldn't have a job.
And yet Daniel did not understand these things.

Daniel 12

They are sealed until the time of the end which is now.