Who is the Father?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lukethreesix

Jan 11, 2014
Is Jesus the Father?
Is Yahweh the Father?
Is the Holy Spirit the Father?

I believe that Jesus made it clear that he was Yahweh, God of Israel. I am.
So that rules out Yahweh being the Father.
Jesus was conceived by the Holy Spirit. It makes sense to me that Jesus/Yahweh is the only begotten of the Father the Holy Spirit. The Most High invisible God (the Holy Spirit) and His Word (Yah) By which all things were created.

Does this make any sense?

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
God The Father is the Father
God The Son is the Son
God The Holy Spirit is The Holy Spirit

They are God

....................................................................................

The shell is the shell
The yoke is the yoke
The white is the white

They are egg

The shell is not the egg
The yoke is not the egg
The white is not the egg

Egg is a shell , a yoke , a white
God is a Father , a Son , a Spirit

When you see Jesus you see God
When you see an egg you see the shell

lukethreesix

Jan 11, 2014
Does the shell send the yoke and the yoke pray to the white?
Did Jesus send himself then pray to himself and now sits at his own right hand?

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
lukethreesix said:
Does the shell send the yoke and the yoke pray to the white?
Did Jesus send himself then pray to himself and now sits at his own right hand?
No .... The Father sent the Son and the Son prayed to The Father

The Son is not the father .... the Son is the father in Human Form

The human form of God is not the totality of God , there is more.

Difficult for us to comprehend and rationalize , I expect some day we will understand it fully

Hey LukeThreeSix .... you ponder the same things we all do from time to time ... it is part of the Christian mystery , it is hard for us to understand how God is One and Three at the same time.

It is not a sin if we do not understand it

However it is a serious sin if we deny the divinity of Christ , everything hinges on that , a nice perfect human teacher would be wonderful in itself , but such a person would not be sufficient to give up His life to pay for our sins .... only God can do that ... and He came down here and did it .... and He Named Himself Jesus.

Best wishes

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lukethreesix said:
Is Jesus the Father?
Is Yahweh the Father?
Is the Holy Spirit the Father?

I believe that Jesus made it clear that he was Yahweh, God of Israel. I am.
So that rules out Yahweh being the Father.
Jesus was conceived by the Holy Spirit. It makes sense to me that Jesus/Yahweh is the only begotten of the Father the Holy Spirit. The Most High invisible God (the Holy Spirit) and His Word (Yah) By which all things were created.

I agree.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Father is not merely a part of Jesus; nor is Jesus just a piece of the HS........all three are one. I tend to believe the Trinity is our perspective of God, based on our position, which also makes us see the world dualistically. Describing God is sort of like trying to describe the smallest unit of light - is it a particle or a wave? Wrong question, it is both. The Trinity will probably remain a paradox until we get to Heaven.

Here is a crazy idea - what if we are actually in the middle of the Fall? Spiritually and physically? We are moving so fast that God can only be perceived as three.....

Suhar

Mar 28, 2013
Western WA
lukethreesix said:

[SIZE=medium]Off course not![/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]God is God and you are not. Do not try to understand God because you will fail. Guaranteed![/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]In your pride you think that you can comprehend nature of God and when you, undoubtedly, fail you will declare that God must not be real.[/SIZE]

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So thinking about God is prideful? Sounds like ignorance is our only hope......

You know, Christianity has a long history of scholarship - exaltation of anti intellectualism is a very recent development......sad.

ChristianJuggarnaut

Feb 20, 2012
No egg, use water.

Liquid, ice, steam. All water. All H2O. Different forms.

It makes much more sense than the egg.
I wonder if there is a scripture that tells us we can understand the Godhead. Hmmmm, yet I wonder.

JPPT1974

Flowers of May
Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 23, 2012
East TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God the Father Sent Jesus to die for us and rise again. From the grave to pave the wave for salvation! And eternity!

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ChristianJuggarnaut said:
No egg, use water.
It makes much more sense than the egg. I wonder if there is a scripture that tells us we can understand the Godhead. Hmmmm, yet I wonder.
Except it is an example of Modalism.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
ChristianJuggarnaut said:
No egg, use water.

It makes much more sense than the egg.
I wonder if there is a scripture that tells us we can understand the Godhead. Hmmmm, yet I wonder.
Heard this one before but it seems more like the oneness doctrine.

7angels

Aug 13, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
in order to see the Father then let me ask you a few questions.

what is the Father's job? what is Jesus' job? what is the Holy Spirit's job? is there a difference in who the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are? if there is a difference then do you know who to pray too when you want your prayers answered? why do you think there are so many mysteries about God? do you think we are meant to find the answers to all these mysteries that God has hidden?

i am curious to read your responses.

God bless

ChristianJuggarnaut

Feb 20, 2012
Aspen,

Modalism by strict definition requires definitive time frames and transition of manifestations. I subscribe to a different form of heresy as defined by Roman Catholicism.

You may make me medium well.

Reactions: aspen

kjw47

Feb 18, 2014
One could always listen to Jesus on that matter of who the Father is just by his teachings.
John 20:17, rev 3:12) Jesus teaches he has a God--at John 17:1-6--While praying to his Father( John 5:30) calls the Father--THE ONLY TRUE GOD-- And says one must know him and know Jesus to gain eternal life--verse 6 = YHWH(Jehovah)

The Lords prayer--Our Father-hallowed be thy name-(YHWH(Jehovah)--

The Israelites served--YHWH(Jehovah) a single being God.

Psalm 83:18

ChristianJuggarnaut

Feb 20, 2012
Kj,

So Jesus is not divine?

He doesn't have all power?

He will not reign forever?

God was not manifested in flesh?

Do you realize how many scriptures you have to ignore for your opinion?

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is Yahweh, correct as in YHWH the Word of God that is Lord of all that is made hence the (KJV) the "LORD" God, first mentioned in Gen:2. Who came into the Son of man, and is the same that Moses served.

God as in Father Elohim (Creator and Judge) is God referred to in Gen:1. Note that all is made according to what? Didn’t Elohim declare all that He made is good. And that is also His Word that is from Him. Hence the Father of the Word that is the Light and Life that came into the Son of man. And as Jesus said, did according to the Father’s will, or to the Father’s satisfaction. Therefore all glory honor and might is in the hands of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Also note that in verse two in Gen:1 the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters, therefore in verse one when God created the heaven and the earth He wasn’t present in His creation until the second verse. Hence God’s Presence we know as the Holy Spirit, and Jesus said that God is a Spirit.

It’s simple in your presence you are heard and that which is heard of you is of you. God’s Presence is so powerful, its God. God’s Word is so powerful it’s God, and God’s Will is so powerful it’s God, and all are one. A commander’s word goes out to his troops expressing his will of what he wants done. And he expects it to return to him done according to his will. And that command he gives in his presence, and the result of it returns to his presence.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I like this verse from Hebrews 1.

6 But when He again brings the firstborn into the world, He says:

“Let all the angels of God worship Him.”

7 And of the angels He says:

“Who makes His angels spirits
And His ministers a flame of fire.”

8 But to the Son He says:

“Your throne, O God, is forever and ever;
A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom.
9 You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness;
Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You
With the oil of gladness more than Your companions.”

10 And:

“You, Lord, in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth,
And the heavens are the work of Your hands.
11 They will perish, but You remain;

And they will all grow old like a garment;
12 Like a cloak You will fold them up,
And they will be changed.
But You are the same,
And Your years will not fail.

13 But to which of the angels has He ever said:
“Sit at My right hand,
Till I make Your enemies Your footstool”?

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So anyone have an example that's not Modalist?

I used the water example for a long time alongside of the company department example, but I do catch the Modalist tinge that some can run away with. CJ, I think as long as things are clearly explained and the analogy is not the centerpiece of your discussion, one can address the Modalist error.

This always gets me in trouble with the Reformed, but I think there is something to the Eastern Orthodox concept of an icon. Jesus is talked about as an icon of the Father. I am also reminded about a great podcast on the Reformed Forum (which I highly recommend even if you aren't Reformed) where the discussion addressed us being unable to behold (see) the Father Himself. Jesus is the manifestation of God that we can understand. We would cease to exist if we beheld the full presence of God.

I think there is something to the idea that we could not behold God. It's beyond any faculty we have. How does one, then, explain the absolute unexplainable? I think we look to the Bible and see that He is One (yet a trinity), He is Father and that his glory and characteristics are amazingly complex. Even with all of this, we still call him Father and he still very much hears our pleas and requests.

Love that passage, as well as the entire book Angelina. Hebrews is a very interesting New Testament book for perspective on the worship and mysteries of God!