Who is the One that is Coming ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isa 44:6
Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel
And his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts:
'I am the first and I am the last,
And there is no God besides Me.

Isa 48:12
"Listen to Me, O Jacob, even Israel whom I called;
I am He, I am the first, I am also the last.

John 8:24
I told you that you would die in your sins. Yes, if you don't believe that I AM(YHWH), you will die in your sins."

John 8:58
Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I Am.(YHWH)"

John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 20:28
Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!"

Rom 9:5
Theirs are the patriarchs, and from them is traced the human ancestry of Christ who is God over all forever praised! Amen.

Titus 2:13
looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Christ Jesus

1 Tim 3:16
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Heb 1:8
But of the Son He says,
"YOUR THRONE O GOD IS FOREVER AND EVER

Heb 1:10
He also says,
"In the beginning, O Lord, you laid the foundations of the earth,
and the heavens are the work of your hands.

2 Peter 1:1
Simon Peter a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ
To those who through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ have received a faith as precious as ours

2 Peter 1:11
for in this way the entrance into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ will be abundantly supplied to you.

1 John 5:20

We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true. And we are in him who is true even in His Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.

These passages in Revelation make it clear that Jesus is God. Remember it is Jesus in the NT who is Coming back to earth that every eye will see. It was Jesus who was pierced on the cross for our sins. John is clearly once again calling Jesus God!!!!!!! The Coming and the coming in the clouds never refers to the Father in the NT but always to Jesus.

Rev 1:7-8
7 BEHOLD, HE IS COMING WITH THE CLOUDS, and every eye will see Him, even those who pierced Him; and all the tribes of the earth will mourn over Him. So it is to be. Amen.
8 "I Am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."

We know from Revelation 1:8 that Alpha and Omega is the Almighty. So we can see that Christ is the Almighty

Revelation 1:17
17And when I saw Him, I fell at his feet as dead. And He laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I Am the first and the last:

We know from Revelation 1:17-18 that the first and the last is He that liveth, was dead, but is alive forevermore is Christ.

Rev 22:12-13
12 "Behold, I Am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to render to every man according to what he has done. 13 "I Am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end."

We know from Revelation 22:13 that the first and the last is the Alpha and Omega.

Rev 22:16,20
16 "I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things for the churches. I am the root and the descendant of David, the bright morning star."
20 He who testifies to these things says, "Yes, I Am coming quickly." Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.

So we can see that the One who comes/is coming in the NT always refers to Jesus the Son of Man and NEVER refers to the Father. Therefore we can conclude it is Jesus who is coming whom John calls God the Alpha and Omega, the First and the Last.. This is sound biblical exegesis based on the context of the passage as well as the principle established in both Testaments on the One who is Coming in/with the Clouds- The Son of Man not the Father !!!!!!

hope this helps !!!

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is one God, even the Father, and one Lord Jesus Christ (1 Corinthians 8:6).

I have shown that the Father is the Lord of heaven and earth (Matthew 11:25, Luke 10:21) on many occasions.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Persons are distinct. One needs to recognize Hebraisms.
I do not deny that they are distinct.

The distinction is in the incarnation of God...in that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh.

The Father is an eternal Spirit that inhabiteth eternity (Isaiah 57:15). That same Spirit descended to become a Man (Ephesians 4:10, Luke 1:35).

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I do not deny that they are distinct.

The distinction is in the incarnation of God...in that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh.

The Father is an eternal Spirit that inhabiteth eternity (Isaiah 57:15). That same Spirit descended to become a Man (Ephesians 4:10, Luke 1:35).
...but in Hebrews 1 we see the eternal character of the Son: 'Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever'. He was the distinct, eternal Son before the Incarnation.

Reactions: Davy

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Father of eternity is still the Father.
But not God the Father. No one in the NT ever called Jesus the Father and you are using an isolated verse to form a doctrine that makes the Son, the Father which is eisegesis, not exegesis.

hope this helps !!!

Reactions: Nancy

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...but in Hebrews 1 we see the eternal character of the Son: 'Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever'. He was the distinct, eternal Son before the Incarnation.
He was begotten in the incarnation (Luke 1:35) and ascended to again be outside of time (Ephesians 4:10). For time is a created thing. In Jesus Christ all things consist (Colossians 1:17). So time is, also, in His hands. In this, He is eternal in the heavens; while He was made of the seed of David according to the flesh (Romans 1:3 (kjv)).

But not God the Father.

You're saying Jesus is the Father but not God the Father. So, Jesus isn't God?

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He was begotten in the incarnation (Luke 1:35) and ascended to again be outside of time (Ephesians 4:10). For time is a created thing. In Jesus Christ all things consist (Colossians 1:17). So time is, also, in His hands.

You're saying Jesus is the Father but not God the Father. So, Jesus isn't God?
no the father of eternity is a title/description not the person of God the Father.

Jesus is God the Son, not God the Father or God the Holy Spirit.

Reactions: charity

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no the father of eternity is a title/description not the person of God the Father.

Where in the Bible does it identify Jesus as "God the Son".

I would contend that in Hebrews 1:8-9, the Bible is saying that Jesus is God the Father (come in human flesh).

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It has been said that the terms, "Father, Son, and Holy Spirit" are titles also; and that Jesus Christ of Nazareth is the name of God.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where in the Bible does it identify Jesus as "God the Son".

I would contend that in Hebrews 1:8-9, the Bible is saying that Jesus is God the Father (come in human flesh).
Where is the bible is Jesus called God the Father ?

I can play along with the semantics game all day but its not fruitful.

Reactions: Nancy

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where is the bible is Jesus called God the Father ?

I can play along with the semantics game all day but its not fruitful.
Consider that the same one who has brethren also has children in Hebrews 2:11-13 (you kind of have to see that scripture for what it means).

Mal 2:10, Have we not all one father? hath not one God created us? why do we deal treacherously every man against his brother, by profaning the covenant of our fathers?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is sound biblical exegesis based on the context of the passage as well as the principle established in both Testaments on the One who is Coming in/with the Clouds- The Son of Man not the Father !!!!!!
we agree with JBF on Isaiah 9:6, for that son is the Father in flesh. and here's why,

2 Corinthians 6:17 "Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,"
2 Corinthians 6:18 "And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty."

"the Lord" is the Son, the Son of Man, who came, supportive scripture, John 13:13 "Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am." this is the Lord Jesus speaking the "Son", the Son of Man.

Malachi 2:10 "Have we not all one father? hath not one God created us? why do we deal treacherously every man against his brother, by profaning the covenant of our fathers?"

now if we "all" have the same one "FATHER", GOD, then your exegesis disagree with the bible, which means that your exegesis is in ERROR. and here's additional proof.

WHO IS COMING IN THE CLOUDS, and who is the Ancient of days? lets check the record,
Daniel 7:9 "I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire."
Daniel 7:10 "A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened."

so the Ancient of days did sit, Daniel 7:13 "I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him."

now this, Revelation 1:12 "And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;"
Revelation 1:13 "And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle."
Revelation 1:14 "His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;"
Revelation 1:15 "And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters."
Revelation 1:16 "And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength."

THIS IS THE SAME ONE PERSON IN DANIEL WHO IS THE ANCIENT OF DAYS....... :eek: ..... SAY WHAT?

NOW LETS COMPARE.
the Ancient of days did sit and the Lord Jesus who came to him on a cloud.

Daniel 7:9b "and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow
Revelation 1:13 "And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot". (NOW IS THE GARMET WHITE? LETS CHECK THE RECORD. Revelation 3:4 "Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy." BINGO. so both wear "white" garment.

Daniel 7:9, "the hair of his head like the pure wool"
Revelation 1:14 "His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow". (both hair is wool)

Daniel 7:9, "and his wheels as burning fire." (WHEELS HERE IS SYMBOLIC FOR THE LOWER EXTREMITIES, THE FEET.)
Revelation 1:15 "And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace. (both feet are like brass ir as fire. in a furnace ... :D )

Daniel 7:11 "I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spake
Revelation 1:15 "and his voice as the sound of many waters." (bothe when they speak is very loud).

well, well, well, the Lord Jesus is the exact same one who is the Ancient of days, (whom many calls the Father). now, would anyone like to exegesis that? if so the floor is yours...

a re-read of this post, and Daniel, and Revelation, is nessary for proper digestion.

PICJAG.

PS oh the beauity of "Diversified Oneness".... :D

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Contuine of post #17.
Daniel 7:9 "I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire."

Matthew 28:3 "His countenance was like lightning, and his raiment white as snow:"my God the same garment, again confirmed.

LETS GET MORE DESCRIPTIONS, it's always good to have a second witness... ;)
Daniel 10:6 "His body also was like the beryl, and his face as the appearance of lightning, and his eyes as lamps of fire, and his arms and his feet like in colour to polished brass, and the voice of his words like the voice of a multitude."

THERE ARE HIS FEET, "and his feet like in colour to polished brass". Revelation 1:15 "And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace. BINGO, are we on point?....... :D

Daniel 10:6 "His body also was like the beryl, and his face as the appearance of lightning, and his eyes as lamps of fire, and his arms and his feet like in colour to polished brass, and the voice of his words like the voice of a multitude."

NOW HIS EYES.... "his eyes as lamps of fire" Revelation 1:14 "His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;" BINGO again. must we go on?

PICJAG

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Enoch 111, now you can read post #17 and 18….. (smile). see, when the Lord Jesus transfigure on the mountain top, there was the Father. Did you not hear him when he answered Philip?, listen,
John 14:8 "Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us."
John 14:9 "Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?"

When will they understand?

PICJAG.